Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Masks to be longer advised in secondary school classrooms from May 17

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 07, 2021, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSecondary school pupils in England will no longer be advised to wear masks in classrooms, the education secretary has said, despite pleas by teaching unions and others for the guidance to remain in place.

Gavin Williamson confirmed reports the government was planning to water down its guidance around the wearing of masks at step 3 of its roadmap out of lockdown, which will be no earlier than 17 May.

Scientists, public health experts parents and teaching unions had written to him this week to warn that vaccination rates were not sufficient to fully mitigate the impact of transmission among children on infection rates in the community...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/may/07/face-masks-for-english-secondary-school-pupils-to-be-ditched-williamson-confirms

The Guardian also reports scientists on SAGE told ministers children should continue wearing masks into the summer.

Yet again the government jump the gun and risk needing another lockdown. And still people lap it up.

mothman

Hopefully they'll reconsider in the next ten days, especially if cases/hospitalisations/deaths stop falling, or even start going up. I presume schools will have to obey the mandate of central government? My daughter's in her GCSE year and school for her finishes on the 28th anyway, I'm going to tell her to keep wearing a mask anyway. If she can. If she will...