Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Gabriel Pogrund @Gabriel_Pogrund
Labour kremlinology for those so inclined: Rayner's rupture with Starmer could change dynamics on all powerful NEC. She retains her seat + can influence union reps. Some say certain individuals have only leaned right of late because of her. He/she who controls NEC controls Labour

10:48 pm · 8 May 2021

A good time for lefties to rejoin, I'd say.

pigamus

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 09, 2021, 05:34:54 PM
Tbh, the reason of her personal safety is good enough for me. And I don't even like her because of her threats to boot out thousands of members, so I can't imagine anyone else gives a shit about her traveling first class on a train either.

Absolutely, I wouldn't have a problem with any women in politics, Arlene Foster or anybody, claiming first class tickets.

Sebastian Cobb

Kind of mad kieth gets to strut around with two bruisers either side of him on the campaign trail yet the no2 is expected to go to and from theirs alone.

Man has a chauffeured car too.

jobotic

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 09, 2021, 05:36:32 PM
A good time for lefties to rejoin, I'd say.

Hmm. I'm afraid her influence over this union rep went as soon as she backed Starmer in shitting all over members of Unison who worked in schools and wanted to stay alive last year.

I voted for her because she was one of us, then she pulled up the ladder.

Buelligan

Yeah, the thousands of suspensions, the silence over RLB and subsequent abstentions, the fucking shoes, no time for her at all.

Quote from: pigamus on May 09, 2021, 05:40:47 PM
Absolutely, I wouldn't have a problem with any women in politics, Arlene Foster or anybody, claiming first class tickets.

Problem for me is, if it really is more dangerous to travel standard, why aren't people like Rayner talking about that?  That's their fucking job or is it OK for ordinary women to run the gauntlet? 

Ferris

Yeah first class on a train is hardly astronomical is it? It's usually an extra 6 quid or something.

Tbh if she said "yeah I'm a professional, I'm expected to travel for work, and I judge the cost difference to be reasonable enough for me to go in the first class coach so I can work on the way up/down" I'd say fair enough. I used to justify slightly nicer flights on those grounds because it's fair enough as long as you aren't taking the piss. She's the party secretary, who exactly is supposed to be approving her expenses?

Properly petty bad-faith tattling to try and get someone sacked for that. I'm shocked, shocked, that the cabal at the top of this incarnation of labour is attempting to stab each other in the back on the sly.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 09, 2021, 05:45:03 PM
Problem for me is, if it really is more dangerous to travel standard why aren't people like Rayner talking about that?  That's their fucking job or is it OK for ordinary women to run the gauntlet?

Very good point.

I suppose she's a public figure so more likely to get recognition and abuse? I don't know really.

Sebastian Cobb

Not wanting to derail from the very valid discussion about Rayner getting first class travel. But this is mad - Thagnam Debonnaire here, telling Ash Sarkar that she reckons Ash joined the party for 'opportunistic reasons' and questions whether her 'aims are in sympathy with the Labour party'.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1391428450481852417

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2021, 05:49:12 PM
I suppose she's a public figure so more likely to get recognition and abuse? I don't know really.

Basically, yes.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 09, 2021, 05:50:57 PM
Not wanting to derail from the very valid discussion about Rayner getting first class travel. But this is mad - Thagnam Debonnaire here, telling Ash Sarkar that she reckons Ash joined the party for 'opportunistic reasons' and questions whether her 'aims are in sympathy with the Labour party'.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1391428450481852417

The landlord's choice, Thangam Debbonaire.

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2021, 05:49:12 PM
Very good point.

Except she gave her reason as the Sarah Everard murder.  Sarah Everard was an "ordinary woman".   The people spinning this are cunts but Rayner's not a good egg either, that's what's wrong with Labour currently, practically no one left who isn't cunty.  Thangam Debbonaire being an excellent example.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on May 09, 2021, 05:44:50 PM
Hmm. I'm afraid her influence over this union rep went as soon as she backed Starmer in shitting all over members of Unison who worked in schools and wanted to stay alive last year.

I voted for her because she was one of us, then she pulled up the ladder.

You people have no sense of opportunism. Get over yourself. It's got nothing to do with whether you like Rayner. Starmer has shat on the soft left. We should be hanging around to pick over the corpses in this war.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on May 09, 2021, 05:53:21 PM
Except she gave her reason as the Sarah Everard murder.  Sarah Everard was an "ordinary woman".   The people spinning this are cunts but Rayner's not a good egg either, that's what's wrong with Labour currently, practically no one left who isn't cunty.  Thangam Debbonaire being an excellent example.

Aagh! The train tickets don't matter.

Kieth has fucked it. Can't you smell the blood in the water?

Buelligan

They do matter because spinning them shows how dishonest both sides in that little scandal are.  Both sides cunts I wouldn't trust whatsoever, that really matters.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 09, 2021, 05:56:42 PM
You people have no sense of opportunism. Get over yourself. It's got nothing to do with whether you like Rayner. Starmer has shat on the soft left. We should be hanging around to pick over the corpses in this war.

Problem is Johnny, who to believe in.  Who to trust now.  I paid my subs (and I couldn't really afford to), did it because I believed in Corbyn, still do.  But giving them money or support now?  Only reason I even thought about it, apart from personal habit, was the chance to fuck over Keith and Mandy.  That's no reason to join a party really.

greencalx

Johnny Yesno

Fine. Don't.

If there is a leadership challenge, don't expect to be able to vote in it if you've only just rejoined. You know how these things work.

greencalx

Not sure if that was aimed at me or B. There's not going to be a leadership challenge, so I don't think that's a material concern. Decided last night that enough, finally, was enough, for me. I at least am grown up enough to know that it's a personal decision.

Johnny Yesno

It was aimed at both of you. And anyone else who wants to fuss about fucking rail tickets.

pigamus

Johnny's right. You don't like Rayner, I don't like Rayner, but that's not the point.

Buelligan

Best anyone can hope for is Burnham and that's a big step back.  Even if we rejoin long enough to be allowed to vote, if we elect a candidate worth having, they'll kill them again.  It's not enough to oust Starmer.

It's not about rail tickets Johnny.  It's about trust.

king_tubby

chveik

Quote from: pigamus on May 09, 2021, 06:08:59 PM
Johnny's right. You don't like Rayner, I don't like Rayner, but that's not the point.

thought the point was that she fucked union members over one time so there's no reason to think she won't do it another.

greencalx

Couldn't give a fuck about rail tickets, 1st class is often essential for business travel anyway.

I can see the argument for clinging on and trying to change something, but am unconvinced that remaining a member is going to achieve much more than fund shitty behaviour in my name. I hope I'm wrong, in which case I'd be delighted to eat what few garments remain on my body after all the other one's I've pledge to consume over the past few months.

Johnny Yesno

My guess is that it will be Burnham. If Evans goes with Kieth, we could at least be in with a shout for a left NEC. That relies on us oiks being in the tent, though.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: chveik on May 09, 2021, 06:11:35 PM
thought the point was that she fucked union members over one time so there's no reason to think she won't do it another.

Yes, thanks for explaining to us why we don't like her. The point is, this split makes them weak and being able to bring this stuff up is leverage.

chveik

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 09, 2021, 06:12:23 PM
My guess is that it will be Burnham. If Evans goes with Kieth, we could at least be in with a shout for a left NEC. That relies on us oiks being in the tent, though.

I don't care about Burnham at all.  Not interested in that, could've had that six years ago, there was someone hugely better.

lipsink

Yeah, I'm sure the Tories will get those guys their hospital back. It's at the top of their list. Fucking morons.

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2021, 05:48:03 PM
Yeah first class on a train is hardly astronomical is it? It's usually an extra 6 quid or something.
for the west coast mainline to london could be hundreds. but less for a first class off-peak for a peak standard where you arrive before 12pm

Johnny Yesno

I'll take a Biden situation over the tories for another five years. It's not ideal but it's a platform to work from.