Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 07, 2021, 10:38:12 AM
Best comment I read stated that he looks like he won the African Nations Cup managing the Mali team in 2002.

Quote from: Tom Usher@tom_usher_"Can I just say one more thing before I go Geoff: I'd just like to dedicate today's brace to the various works of the famous socio-political philosopher Karl Marx, including all three volumes of Das Kapital, which does a lot of unsung work for the lads behind the scenes"

https://twitter.com/tom_usher_/status/1401576857003347968

Paul Calf

I wouldn't have expected that from Tom Usher. He's a bit of a Legend Gary.

Buelligan

Heheh, how do you feel about Harry Kane?  The universe is nothing if not infinitely surprising.

BlodwynPig

king_tubby

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 08, 2021, 08:11:05 AM
I wouldn't have expected that from Tom Usher. He's a bit of a Legend Gary.

Tom's solid left shitpost twitter who's main job is getting kicked in the balls for obscure television channels.

You know the other day when I said the Greens had picked a strong local candidate for Batley & Spen?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57390502

Oops. They're not going to stand anyone now, might swing things back in Leadbeater's favour.

holyzombiejesus

Why no NIP candidate?

Also, just seen that The For Britain Movement have a candidate standing. That's some fucking nerve.

king_tubby

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 08, 2021, 10:28:24 AM

Also, just seen that The For Britain Movement have a candidate standing. That's some fucking nerve.

They're just waiting for the new dawn when they can say "We're glad the commie bitch is dead". Until then, they'll just keep pushing against the boundaries.

phantom_power

Starmer is so ineffective and unpopular that even HIGNFY, his natural supporter base one would think, are saying it about him

Zetetic

king_tubby

Rachel Reeves's (and mine) constituency bulldozed, which is interesting. Can't see her getting a nomination this side of the river as despite Sobel being a melt he's doing a decent job locally, and the other side, whilst nominally marginal, has been held by the Tories for 15 years.

canadagoose

Quote from: Zetetic on June 08, 2021, 09:05:43 PM
20% of Wales's MPs eliminated.
If I were Welsh I'd be really irritated. Actually, it's really irritating as it is.

pancreas

Quote from: Zetetic on June 08, 2021, 09:05:43 PM
20% of Wales's MPs eliminated.

yes, well, it's revolution or bust, now, isn't it. suck it up.

buttgammon

All those marginals in North Wales that went Tory last time and are just realising it was a bad idea to let the fuckers in will probably stay Tory with the new boundaries.

ZoyzaSorris

More current Labour MPs that lose their seats the better to be honest (except for members of the SCG). Burn it down and start again.

greencalx

If Labour were smart they would take the opportunity to campaign for PR alongside the boundary review. However, they're not, so they won't.

EOLAN

Any potential tasty outgoing MP clashes with boundary changes. Although am sure if anyone in mainline of party is in trouble they will be thrown into a perceived safe-seat, not that there may be many of them for Labour.

king_tubby

As I said last night, Leeds West is going so Reeves will be looking for something.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wrote a letter yesterday:

Dear Rachel

Bye mate

Kind regards

idunnosomename

QuoteReeves is a vice-chair of Labour Friends of Israel,[48] contributed a chapter to a book about Israeli politics and society,[49] and supports the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation.[50][51]

Reeves has been a long-standing admirer of Nancy Astor and has frequently praised her actions as an MP.[52][53]

lol

Paul Calf

peanutbutter

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 09, 2021, 09:17:41 AM
More current Labour MPs that lose their seats the better to be honest (except for members of the SCG). Burn it down and start again.
A lot of the worst MPs are in very safe seats though, aren't they?

imitationleather

If Zarah Sultana loses her seat (which is a very real possibility) I might just give up on politics and waste my time thinking about something else instead.

Paul Calf

Quote from: imitationleather on June 09, 2021, 10:59:16 AM
If Zarah Sultana loses her seat (which is a very real possibility) I might just give up on politics and waste my time thinking about something else instead.

I've been considering this for some time.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on June 09, 2021, 10:59:16 AM

You could start watching hockey. The Leafs are a tour de force of time-wastery.

Paul Calf

That's not a bad idea. I might take up sports fandom.

pancreas

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteLabour leader Sir Keir Starmer asks "who does the prime minister think he's kidding?"

Referencing Dads Army now.

QuoteKeir Stamer is up. He kicks off by congratulating the PM on his recent wedding and says he admires how Johnson and his wife Carrie managed to keep it secret.

Licking Johnson's arse again. Captain Arselick