Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

For those of you who are considering giving up, I would highly recommend moving to another country, getting involved in politics there and then becoming disaffected and embittered by the ineptitude of the left and crushing force of the neoliberal right in that country. It's worked for me!

Buelligan

Yeah, it's weird.  You know there are terrible things happening.  Wars being started to sell weapons, increase the more that those with more have, all the suffering and famine and whathaveyou that goes with.  Somehow, the obvious wrongness of letting babies drown trying to escape gets drowned out by the need to be grown up, fuck those that never get the chance. 

And the people on the breakfast telly tut about something inconsequential, set our priorities.  Make sure we don't do anything.  Make sure we only react when we receive the appropriate triggers.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: buttgammon on June 09, 2021, 01:12:19 PM
For those of you who are considering giving up, I would highly recommend moving to another country, getting involved in politics there and then becoming disaffected and embittered by the ineptitude of the left and crushing force of the neoliberal right in that country. It's worked for me!

It's working for me, too!!![nb](I'm in Germany.)[/nb]

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on June 09, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
It's working for me, too!!![nb](I'm in Germany.)[/nb]

Get yourself some Butcher's dumplings

Ferris

Have we mentioned Corbyn's had the whip suspended for over 6 months with no resolution in sight?

https://mobile.twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1402602794922749953

imitationleather

Quote from: buttgammon on June 09, 2021, 01:12:19 PM

I can't move country... All my stuff[nb]Girlfriend/cat1/cat2[/nb] is here!

pancreas

Quote from: imitationleather on June 09, 2021, 04:46:25 PM
I can't move country... All my stuff[nb]Girlfriend/cat1/cat2[/nb] is here!

End them. You can't risk them squealing on you to the authorities.

Blumf

Anyone else get a begging letter for Bentley & Spen campaigning? I thought Digby Jones and the rest of the CBI gang would be stepping up to campaign for sensible beige, now us nasty lefties have been cowed and purged.

king_tubby

BoD having a go at Starmer again today. The leopards eating faces meme comes to mind again.

idunnosomename

another reason why labour are definitely, no doubt about, yes siree, losing B&S

QuoteStarmer's "on-the-fence" approach to Israel and Palestine, and in particular his cautious and infrequent statements during the most recent violence in Gaza, have angered Muslim communities.

"Let me make it clear," Hussain said. "People are so hurt by Labour not speaking up for the Palestinian people and allowing injustice to happen."

(The Times) https://archive.md/kGHWN

BlodwynPig

Its alright Jews and Muslims, your man is in power not Starmer thankfully. Stand down.

king_tubby

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 09, 2021, 08:51:07 PM
another reason why labour are definitely, no doubt about, yes siree, losing B&S

(The Times) https://archive.md/kGHWN

Heh, he can't win, I've been seeing hot takes from the commentariat saying Starmer's 'support' for a two state solution is a cynical ploy given the B&S demographics.

Sebastian Cobb

Labour learned nothing or simply didn't care about the result of their "they'll have to vote with us, they've got nowhere to go" attitude they had on the working class, and you can see that attitude persists towards long-time muslim and a wider extension bame voters. It's made because labour seem to be running out of people to alienate in their constant quest to get back tory voters who don't want to vote for them.

Johnny Yesno

Spen Batley is a wetherbell, a wetherbell, a wetherbell,
Spen Batley is a wetherbell,
And so was Poolhartle

Sebastian Cobb

(CLEAR!) Your working class
Won't get none of your voters back

imitationleather

idunnosomename

oh my lawd look at this bollocks

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1402586773499244549

all this reading bollocks off an autocue in front of a green screen that gets comped with a field (because ?!? gay people??! fields?) just alienates him from everyone because it's so obviously completely insincere

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 10, 2021, 12:12:22 AM

all this reading bollocks off an autocue in front of a green screen that gets comped with a field (because ?!? gay people??! fields?) just alienates him from everyone because it's so obviously completely insincere

cue a billion comments from reactionary fascists booing him for his wishy washy 'support' for trans rights

Paul Calf

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 10, 2021, 01:35:51 AM
cue a billion comments from reactionary fascists booing him for his wishy washy 'support' for trans rights

They've detected the stench of conservatism, of the sweat from strenuous efforts to keep the povvos in their place and grateful for the ever-dimnishing drip of soggy crumbs, from behind his paper-thin liberal pretentions. They're not wrong about that but they're still cunts.

BlodwynPig

The cadence of a priest giving a sermon to an empty church in the early 2000s. Pathetic. Get rid. STAND DOWN YOU VAPID CRETIN

Buelligan

Instead of taking the verbal knee for his Pride moment, he should think on Duffield.  Actions>words.

jobotic

They'll all be back from the Tory party/DUP/Alba/For Britain or wherever they've gone as soon as ROSIE is leader.

Psybro

Quote from: Blumf on June 09, 2021, 06:37:52 PM
Anyone else get a begging letter for Bentley & Spen campaigning? I thought Digby Jones and the rest of the CBI gang would be stepping up to campaign for sensible beige, now us nasty lefties have been cowed and purged.

I live in Sheffield and have been bombarded from all quarters including a text from Dan Jarvis, last seen not being arsed to properly explore bus franchising in favour of shovelling money at First and Stagecoach whilst bitching about them to the media.

The election is still three weeks away. Anyway I can't do anything yet because I haven't found the time to do the course they invited me to on not letting rampant anti-Semitism slip out on the doorstep.

Johnny Yesno

https://www.gofundme.com/f/47gyy-jeremy039s-legal-fund?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-162326544236-7d9aa583d17b4757&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

Quote from: Yesterday by Carole Morgan, Organiser
Hello my dear friends and comrades.

It's been quite some time since I've been able to update you all on what is happening with Jeremy's Legal Fund. I can only apologise for this, and I hope that when I explain what's been happening, you will understand the reasons for this.

As you know from my previous updates, JBC Defence Ltd has spent months attempting to open a bank account to receive your donations. Unfortunately we have been unsuccessful for two reasons.

The first is that many banks are not taking new applications for business current accounts.

The second reason is that where we were able to submit applications to a small number of UK banks, all of these were declined without any reason given.

GoFundMe has agreed in principle for the money to be transferred directly to Jeremy as the legal beneficiary of the fund, to be used for the express purpose of his legal defence against any libel claim brought by John Ware.

However, as you may know, Jeremy is facing another legal challenge in the form of a libel case brought by Richard Millett. I would very much like Jeremy to have the option to use some of the funds we have raised to help with any costs in relation to this case as well, should he need it.

In the event that these legal threats go away at some stage in the future, Jeremy has indicated that he would like to have the option to donate any surplus funds from this campaign to War on Want, a registered charity that fights against the root causes of poverty and human rights violations, as part of the worldwide movement for global justice.

If you do not wish for your donations to be used for either of the above, please be assured that you can request a refund of your donation over the next two weeks by contacting GoFundMe's team here:

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000288632

There are no plans to close the Fund so JBC Defence Ltd. will continue to provide support to Jeremy in matters relating to the Fund, and of course I will continue to update you via GoFundMe for the foreseeable future.

I am very grateful to you all for your unstinting support and generosity as we stand united behind Jeremy, a man of humility, integrity and honesty and in my view one of the greatest politicians of our age.

My love and gratitude to each and every one of you who has made this possible.

Carole xxx

Fucking hell. It's so clunky defending yourself as an underdog. I know rules is rules but it's clear everyone who donated did so to defend against any chancer cunt not just the original chancer cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I got that email but hadn't bothered to read it... I trust them not to run off with it, obviously keeping people up to date is good though.

olliebean

Cue cards, isn't it? Can't think of any other reason why he keeps awkwardly pausing after every few words.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And we are told *checks cue card* he has a great capacity to *checks next cue card* digest great volumes of information.

Look, we lost the election really badly in 1935..er..i mean, 2019 and I am AB-so-LUTE-ly de-TER-mined to CLIMB. THIS. MOUNTAIN.

idunnosomename

Quote from: olliebean on June 10, 2021, 10:20:55 PM
Cue cards, isn't it? Can't think of any other reason why he keeps awkwardly pausing after every few words.
lol yeah, i just meant he's clearly reading but not sophisticated enough to have a scrolling tablet or anything. it's clearly A4 paper printouts in portrait