Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 11, 2021, 10:56:24 PM
What's the joke?

Shitposting the England flag? I mean, it could have a better punchline, but he knows what he's doing.

Paul Calf

Jeremy Corbyn MP
David Davis MP

Bit jarring :)

BlodwynPig

David Davis is just a man wearing a melted latex Assange mask

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on June 11, 2021, 10:48:37 PM
Bizarre that anyone would even toy with the idea he isn't.  I feel like the world just got even more lumpen.

Aye

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MoreauVasz on June 11, 2021, 09:54:12 PM
Bastani and Walker have always felt like the thick twins compared to Sarkar and Butler.

I'd quite like it if they started getting Moya Lothian-McQueen on more regularly, she's got good points but is also really entertaining and quick-witted imo.

king_tubby

Reeves/Leadbeater interview in the fucking Sun. Ffs.

monkfromhavana

Not sure that this necessarily belongs on this thread, but it's a better home than any other. It's about America, but it pretty much correlates with most aspects of the UK. it felt like that under Corbyn we were making progress on this, but we have reverted back to the "adults"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/07/george-packer-four-americas/619012/

idunnosomename

going for the "DO YOU REMEMBER WOOLWORTHS PICK N MIX?!??" angle on the campaigning, I see

https://twitter.com/kimleadbeater/status/1402250777452847109

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 12, 2021, 01:01:28 PM
I'd quite like it if they started getting Moya Lothian-McQueen on more regularly, she's got good points but is also really entertaining and quick-witted imo.

novara.media/survey

Johnny Yesno

Sebastian Cobb

I seem to be doing a bit of the old metathesis of late and don't really know why, perhaps my brain is turning to mince.

Seems an odd problem to have when the situation is people communicating by text more and talking less.

Johnny Yesno

I think it's because you're a secret royalist ;-p

I suggested more Moya too.

TrenterPercenter

Sebastian Cobb

I like Dalia, she has good points to make, but yes compared to some of the other hosts she isn't very entertaining.

I wouldn't write that on a feedback form though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 12, 2021, 08:35:44 PM
Moya is great, much better than Dalia.

Because she is more centrist. Dalia is a firebrand, something you cannot stomach.

TrenterPercenter

Not sure you've got any of the information correct in that sentence pig but if it makes you happy believing it then please do.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 12, 2021, 08:55:00 PM
Because she is more centrist. Dalia is a firebrand, something you cannot stomach.

I quite happily argue with Trenter when I think they're speaking nonsense but this seems a little unfair.

pigamus

BlodwynPig

Ok, he can stomach it. Dalia is always a highlight.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Are Moya and Dalia even that politically far apart? Dalia is academically speaking, closest to her commentary isn't she (versus, say, Ash, who is an academic but I think it's literature) so definitely knows what she's talking about, more so than some of the others, but also lacks a bit of panache and in an hour long news show that does count for something.

As I said I like her and don't want her to be replaced, and this is largely me trying to make an honest observation.

Buelligan

Ash, Aaron, Dalia, Everyone Else (almost), Michael.

Still like Michael (as opposed to a normal person) but you have to compare like with like.

I know you're not dunking on Michael, what on earth is the problem that people have with him?

While personally I identify more with the bullish Aaron, I wouldn't want him to host the show - Michael is a great host and holds it all together. I don't think Ash or Aaron could sustain it like he does.

imitationleather

Michael Walker is great. He's a really good and accessible presenter. Not everything can be a Bob Crow-type barking left-wing theory.

TyskySour has got more watered down as it has become a general news show rather than politics discussion. I guess that's the trade-off for it getting more popular.

I wish they had James Meadway on more though.

pancreas

Amongst other things, they do all need to be judged by their response to the 'antisemitism crisis'. On that count Walker fails very badly, Bastani not so much, Sarkar somewhere in the middle. But they all failed. The left needed these people to stick their necks out and apply some basic scientific rigour to that episode, but they didn't. You will notice that no-one from JVL has ever been asked onto Novara Media.

imitationleather

Don't they ask people from the right of Labour on but they never agree to appear?