Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteLabour leader Sir Keir Starmer pays tribute to the Queen, to say this speech "must have been one of the hardest" for her having recently lost her husband, Prince Philip.

He thanks Shailesh Vara for opening the debate, saying he can see why he was once labelled a rising star of the Conservative Party.

He also thanks Katherine Fletcher for her seconding of the debate, saying she must be the only member of Parliament who has survived being charged at by a rhino. He says he believes she must be the only MP who is a registered safari leader.

He also pays tribute to Dame Cheryl Gillan MP, who passed away in April, and congratulates Jill Mortimer on winning the seat of Hartlepool for the Tories. He says she has "the huge honour of representing that great town" and adds: " I hope she will forgive me if I say, I hope for not too long."

Laughing, he asks: "I wonder what plans she has for the forty-foot inflatable of the prime minster?"

Using it as a lilo?

king_tubby

Fuck it and eat it.

I see Kieth is now King of the Antisemites. Who would have believed it???

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 11, 2021, 04:28:47 PM
Using it as a lilo?

It is important to suck up to the tories instead of saying things like "photo ID to disenfranchise voters err excuse me what the fuck".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI hope she will forgive me if I say, I hope for not too long."

Can almost hear the Secondary School End of Year Ceremony polite laughter now.

Thomas

When you strip away the nonsense, English politics is about about polite chortling and being nice to royals.

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1392176977222807560?s=19

I suppose if you're looking for rats on this sinking ship, there really is nobody better than Mandelson

Buelligan

Zetetic

"I was struck going back on to all the old council estates where I used to draw so much support [by] what owner-occupation and new private house-building has done; there's a smartness and tidiness to those houses and their gardens," he told me from the cottage he rents on a farm in Wiltshire.

Buelligan

Heheh, that paragraph stood out for me too, along with his poor dogs being called Poppy and Jock (obviously a narrow, fish knife-owning man with a minuscule imagination, for all the spin).

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 11, 2021, 07:26:41 PM
What a nasty stupid old wanker Mandy is.

From the article:

QuoteYet Mandelson told me he hadn't spoken with Starmer since 2018, when they talked "briefly about Brexit". "I wish I had given more," he responded, when asked about his relationship with the leader's office. "All I can do is write articles and give interviews. What else can I do?"

Narcissistic fantasist.

"If only I was more involved, everything would be fine". Man's a sociopath.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Dua Lipa gave a wonderful speech at the Brits, dedicating her award to Dame Elizabeth Anionwu and demanded Boris gave a fair payrise for frontline NHS staff.

The brass neck of Kieth given they won't back the 12% the RCN are after:
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1392228001916596228

Thomas

Dua Lipa was one of the few celebs to stick their necks out in vocal support of Labour in 2019, rather than meekly posting 'remember to vote! :)' or nothing at all.

Kankurette

jobotic

Wes Streeting on Israel's newest atrocity

https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1392195819789602823

It's not just the wrongness, it's the smugness, the sneering at those who disagree (and who he knows are right), the sense of entitlement. And all about people being murdered.

Yeah I'll rejoin this lot, where do I sign?

jobotic

QuoteFollowing Labour's defeat in the general election, Streeting endorsed Jess Phillips in the 2020 Labour Party leadership election

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on May 12, 2021, 09:16:59 AM

It's not just the wrongness, it's the smugness, the sneering at those who disagree (and who he knows are right), the sense of entitlement. And all about people being murdered.

Yes, deeply ashamed I ever even considered it.  I have a soft spot for old John McD, what can I say?  Wes Streeting, though, fuck me, he's an evil person.  That he's elevated in the Party, as he is, speaks volumes about its moral character.

peanutbutter

Quote from: jobotic on May 12, 2021, 09:16:59 AM

Yep, like, he knows it's a delicate political situation and the easy option is to just chuck in some glib thing in his tweet to give it a both-sides  element, but he refuses to even do that so he can instead do a second tweet gloating about how he done the bare minimum elsewhere so no longer has to bother.

Ilford could probably be turned blue with a large Greens/LD split in the next election and I'd be pretty okay with that one tbh.

jobotic

Labour Friends of Apartheid South Africa say that they are shocked by attacks on the police in Sharpeville by stone throwing youths.

idunnosomename

Delighted to hear Wes Streeting's friends are terrified. Cheers

buttgammon

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 11:12:09 PM
Dua Lipa was one of the few celebs to stick their necks out in vocal support of Labour in 2019, rather than meekly posting 'remember to vote! :)' or nothing at all.

If I fancy a celebrity, they normally turn out to be an arsehole; this is very much not the case with Dua, who seems genuinely committed to things that beiges don't understand.

Quote from: jobotic on May 12, 2021, 09:43:36 AM
Labour Friends of Apartheid South Africa say that they are shocked by attacks on the police in Sharpeville by stone throwing youths.

Sharpeville is my first thought whenever I hear apologias for the Israeli government. Imagine how this would be reported by the BBC "Protestors threw projectiles at police, some of whom and fired shots in self-defence."

jobotic

According to the Daily Mail Tony Blair has said that Keith is allowing Labour to be destroyed by the "woke left".

If only.

I'd love to hear Blair explain what he means by that. or indeed, most people who use it as a slur.

Sebastian Cobb

Blair was on GMB this morning after Campbell was on the other day.

New Statesman has Blair saying the party needs to change, after being one of the people actively trying to stifle that for the last 5 years. Why won't the cunt just fuck off?

idunnosomename

Adults are back in the room. An end to in fighting. Mum is making me a roast dinner. Yum yum!

lipsink

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 11, 2021, 11:04:08 PM
Dua Lipa gave a wonderful speech at the Brits, dedicating her award to Dame Elizabeth Anionwu and demanded Boris gave a fair payrise for frontline NHS staff.

The brass neck of Kieth given they won't back the 12% the RCN are after:
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1392228001916596228

Lots of replies saying: "Yeah but will this multimillionaire pop star donate all their money for a pay rise? EH??"

Isn't it so sad that we've reach the point where trying to do something good is seen as "woke" and "virtue signalling" therefore you're a fucking cunt and should shut. People would rather you just be an all out evil shit like Johnson cos that's just not suspect and that's keeping it real.

"Oh look at you turning up at this birthday party with a present. What are you after? Virtue signalling! I turned up with no present, called them a cunt, trashed the place and shat on the floor. I AM THEREFORE MORE HONEST THAN YOU!"

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on May 12, 2021, 10:28:53 AM
According to the Daily Mail Tony Blair has said that Keith is allowing Labour to be destroyed by the "woke left".

If only.

I'd love to hear Blair explain what he means by that. or indeed, most people who use it as a slur.

They are destroying Labour by recognising it no longer represents anything they believe in and voting Green, NIP, TUSC or not at all.

The slur thing is hysterical from people that rub shoulders with the House of Saud and pal around with BAE systems or shop for designer clothes with Jeffrey Epstein.

Paul Calf

Quote from: lipsink on May 12, 2021, 10:42:01 AM
Lots of replies saying: "Yeah but will this multimillionaire pop star donate all their money for a pay rise? EH??"

Isn't it so sad that we've reach the point where trying to do something good is seen as "woke" and "virtue signalling" therefore you're a fucking cunt and should shut. People would rather you just be an all out evil shit like Johnson cos that's just not suspect and that's keeping it real.

"Oh look at you turning up at this birthday party with a present. What are you after? Virtue signalling! I turned up with no present, called them a cunt, trashed the place and shat on the floor. I AM THEREFORE MORE HONEST THAN YOU!"

Yeah. It's a massive indictment of our part of the Anglosphere that 'woke' and 'do-gooder' are just accepted as insults.

Thomas

Quote from: lipsink on May 12, 2021, 10:42:01 AM

Mm. If she's advocating for Labour in 2019 then she's clearly happy to pay a proportionate tax rate.

Those sorts of responses also fail to imagine that the celebrity (in this case the relatively newly famous Dua Lipa) probably held these same principles before they were a public figure - the difference is that she now has a platform. Should she have abandoned her progressive politics on contact with fame?

Of course, if you're not wealthy, they're the politics of envy. If you are wealthy, you're virtue-signalling.

pancreas

They are trying to pre-emptively head off the idea that their despotic insistence on centrism is responsible, and that the party can only succeed by moving left. So they double down on the lie that it's the left's fault. Depressingly, it will work on some nitwits.