Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2021, 10:53:52 AM
The only relevant thing in the whole article is the question Why are you here? What are you actually doing this for?

Everything all about Keith and Ange and what some twat who works for them thinks or is like.  What are they like?

Meanwhile, the country goes through what it's going through and gives up waiting for an increasingly irrelevant, pointless, group of middle managers to stop squabbling.

Not really squabbling though, are they?  They're behaving like cunts.

Cunts with their own private unpleasant agendas. 

BlodwynPig

Hang on Buellers, you're communicating with yeself!?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on May 15, 2021, 12:12:56 AM
All very fascinating, but the last line will make you cringe yourself inside out

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/14/angela-rayner-comes-out-on-top-after-spat-with-keir-starmer-labour-reshuffle

Quoteshe is regarded with suspicion by many in the Corbynite Campaign Group

I'm sorry, Graun, the what Campaign Group?

Buelligan

Noticed that.  They also refer to the person who asked Why are you here? What are you actually doing this for? as a Corbyn-sceptic.  Almost as if Corbyn remains the only real thing left to judge anything against in the Party.  And he doesn't even have the whip.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2021, 01:41:48 PM
Hang on Buellers, you're communicating with yeself!?

Heheh.  Yes.  I just thought calling it squabbling was pretty inaccurate and I hate the Edit glitch.

Endicott

It's like Kryptonite, only it doesn't look good for Corbyn.

idunnosomename

the not looking good for starmer continues as evil dribbling eggman takes to the telegraph to curl out a hit-piece

https://archive.md/0jfVy

Buelligan

And here's Alexei Sayle[nb]Pretty sure I recognise his lovely voice.[/nb] calling Keith a little shitbag today.  Stephen Pollard can do one.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1393615804835454985

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 15, 2021, 08:36:11 PM
the not looking good for starmer continues as evil dribbling eggman takes to the telegraph to curl out a hit-piece

https://archive.md/0jfVy

Astonishing closing paragraph.

QuoteIsrael is defending itself from terror. But to many on the Left, it is those who attack Israel who must be defended.

Buelligan

The man has no relationship with truth or reality.

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2021, 08:48:45 PM
Part of a wider problem

Horrible thought.  A wide writhing sargasso sea of sweaty bobbing Akehursts, lapping the blackend shores of a volcanic isle as the bleeding orb descends to night.

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2021, 08:52:37 PM
Horrible thought.  A wide writhing sargasso sea of sweaty bobbing Akehursts, lapping the blackend shores of a volcanic isle as the bleeding orb desends to night.

Put them in a room with me. A few hours. Its all I ask

Buelligan

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2021, 01:49:15 PM
Noticed that.  They also refer to the person who asked Why are you here? What are you actually doing this for? as a Corbyn-sceptic.  Almost as if Corbyn remains the only real thing left to judge anything against in the Party.  And he doesn't even have the whip.

Or as it was originally written, 'Why are you Corbyn? What are Corbyn Corbynally Corbyning Corbyn for?'. The sub-editor clearly missed one or two.

king_tubby

Sorry to link to this pig eyed sack of shit, but what the fuck is Kieth playing at here???

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1393459342784049153

imitationleather

To be fair, this is going to make people say, "Yes! Kieth is the most likeable person... On this programme!"

gib

does rocket mean the firework? Genuine question because if they were rockets, as in missiles, surely i would have heard about all the casualties. Or are the rockets something inbetween?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: imitationleather on May 15, 2021, 09:47:11 PM
To be fair, this is going to make people say, "Yes! Kieth is the most likeable person... On this programme!"
Looking forward to Kieth's in-depth and deeply personal stories about his life. Either that or Piers grabbing him and shouting "Say something interesting for once in your life, you android fuck!"

BlodwynPig

"Coldplay are a phenomenal act"

"The donkey sanctuary is something close to my heart"

"Yes Piers, i have got a few funny tales from my time at the CPS..."

"... it was Frank Bruno and Freddie Starr in a judges wig!!!"

idunnosomename

thing about kieth is he's completely a novice about how parliament works. he only got his cushy central london seat in 2015. corbyn's had been MP for islington since 1983. hence why he was pretty good at it as well as being truly progressive and principled, and kieth is complete ass

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The excuse making is astounding in context of the zero latitude Corbyn was granted for anything whatsoever.

olliebean

Did he actually get around to setting out the stuff that he said he was going to set out "in the next few days" in that awful interview after the elections? Or was he just relying on his utter forgettability to say that and then not follow through?

Buelligan

I think it's the second one.  I mean, what happened to that new policies here soon sign they put up a couple of months ago?  Their only policy or aim is to neuter the Party.  I'm pretty much at a loss to understand why anybody (who is not bound to the same goal) is continuing to support them[nb]Before anyone gags on their sugar puffs, I don't mean the thing about remaining a member that we've churned for months, I mean any kind of vote or supportive remark.[/nb].

lipsink

When's the last time Sir Keir or Matt Forde attended a rally or a protest? All Matt Forde seems to know how to do is promote his crap book and sneer at the Left. Turns out these people actually haven't got anything to offer and it's all just about narcissistic self-promotion.

Buelligan

Meanwhile, Corbyn said

Quote"Think what it's like being a mother or father and seeing a building bombed in front of you, knowing your family is in there, and you can do nothing,"

"It's our global voices that will give succour, comfort and support in those settlements alongside Gaza and all over the West Bank, East Jerusalem who are suffering at this time.

"End the occupation now. End all the settlements now and withdraw. End the siege of Gaza now."

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/jeremy-corbyn-speaks-at-rally-for-palestine-outside-the-israeli-embassy/

greencalx

BlodwynPig