Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things That Are ALWAYS Funny

Started by DrGreggles, May 11, 2021, 08:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Inside No. 9 reminded me of this last night (Hi Reece!).

Gun accidentally goes off into the air, dead bird drops into shot.

What other ALWAYS funnies are there?

Jumblegraws

In Philadelphia.

Real answer: first person viewpoint double-takes. It's also rare that I don't find regular double-takes funny.

amateur

Someone cutting themselves a slice of cake, then eating the rest of the cake rather than the slice.

Also works for pouring a glass of wine and drinking the rest of the bottle instead.

Egyptian Feast

When the camera pans out into a wider shot, revealing another person. 'It's always sunny...' are kings of this.

madhair60

"Oh no, no way, no chance, absolutely not, there is NO WAY in HELL I am wearing that sombrero!"

Next shot wearing sombrero with face like thunder.

Mobius

Someone acting hard and then a cut to an ambulance blaring down the road

madhair60

Basically everything Wile E Coyote does

Jumblegraws

Quote from: madhair60 on May 11, 2021, 11:06:30 AM
Basically everything Wile E Coyote does
I'll second this, he's who I had in mind with my "first person double-takes" post.

Dusty Substance

Impressions that knowingly sound nothing like the person being impersonated. ie: Vic Reeves as Barry White with a North East accent.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: madhair60 on May 11, 2021, 11:00:18 AM
"Oh no, no way, no chance, absolutely not, there is NO WAY in HELL I am wearing that sombrero!"

Next shot wearing sombrero with face like thunder.

'The Gilligan cut'

Brundle-Fly

A fully clothed person falling into a body of water.

petril

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 11, 2021, 11:31:22 AM
Impressions that knowingly sound nothing like the person being impersonated. ie: Vic Reeves as Barry White with a North East accent.

yeah there's a level of not just being shite, but the deliberate crafting of the right sort of wrongness to get the good laughs

jobotic

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 11, 2021, 11:31:22 AM

Also deliberately getting celebrity names slightly wrong. George Michaels, Barbara Streislands.

pigamus

jfjnpxmy

Off-screen voices contradicting the main character.

Brundle-Fly

Cold Meat Platter

Autopsy Turvey

Someone alerting someone else to something important in a newspaper and them reading out the wrong bit, eg "At last a relief from embarrassing itching".

Food.

From just someone tripping over and hopelessly dropping a birthday cake on the floor in a You've Been Framed video to classic sitcom moments like Rachel's Shepherd's Pie, Richie's Christmas lunch and Kevin's special chilli, you're almost guaranteed to get a laugh when comedy deals with food.

Quote from: jobotic on May 11, 2021, 11:42:29 AM
Also deliberately getting celebrity names slightly wrong. George Michaels, Barbara Streislands.

Add bad lookalikes to that as well. I think Paul Putner as "Robbie Walliams" on Rock Profile might be the most perfectly stupid thing I've ever seen.

phantom_power

Someone throwing something off screen, following by the sound of glass smashing

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on May 11, 2021, 11:54:40 AM
Someone alerting someone else to something important in a newspaper and them reading out the wrong bit, eg "At last a relief from embarrassing itching".

:)
Same joke - in Red Dwarf when Rimmer mentions space corp directive 125/2b
Kryten: "No senior officer should be the subject of a jaunty limerick concerning his supposed peccadillo for top-heavy elephant seals?"
Rimmer: "Ah, I meant 125/2c
Kryten: . . . *actual directive*

nb- not actual RD material, author's own.

Captain Poodle Basher

Someone declaring themselves fluent in a particular language before trying this out on a native speaker resulting in anything from a slap in the face to causing an international incident.

JamesTC

28 years old, I was. And then I got off the bus. And that was just the teachers.

Mr Trumpet

People falling over and then letting out a tiny fart