Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things That Are ALWAYS Funny

Started by DrGreggles, May 11, 2021, 08:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

A person throwing something small into the air and then getting hit by a much bigger version of it coming down.

Oh goodie, a new page.

non capisco

A waterfowl pecking someone on the dick.

Cold Meat Platter

JamesTC

Del Boy falling through the bar.

phantom_power

Mocking dead rich people and centenarian national treasures

jobotic

Quote from: Jockice on May 11, 2021, 12:26:10 PM
A person throwing something small into the air and then getting hit by a much bigger version of it coming down.

That sounds great but have you any examples please?

the science eel

Quote from: phantom_power on May 11, 2021, 12:03:56 PM
Someone throwing something off screen, following by the sound of glass smashing

or someone walking into a room followed by the sound of a load of things breaking

I'm sure I saw a Morecambe and Wise sketch with this once

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on May 11, 2021, 10:55:01 AM
When the camera pans out into a wider shot, revealing another person. 'It's always sunny...' are kings of this.

The opening of the first LoG episode is my favourite example of this. Such a great joke and so simple.

sutin

Cats doing something out of character. Truly the funniest of all God's creatures.

Quote from: Jockice on May 11, 2021, 12:26:10 PM

Also, throwing something up and it not coming back down for aaaaaages. Like Chris Bell's Stars In Their Eyes mic stand.

Can also be done with a boomerang.

Butchers Blind

Having stuff tattooed on your forehead while sleeping. N2B.

Norton Canes

Video Game Fan 2000

Any non-fatal accident involving a plank.

dr beat

Another R&M one, but dicking about wearing slightly oversized masks of celebrities faces.

mikeyg27

People panicking and completely overreacting by jumping away in fear. The best version of this is through windows, and preferably through the pane rather than just an open window - it needs the sound of shattering glass for full comic effect..

BeardFaceMan

Phone conversations you only hear one side of.

Captain Z

People talking on the phone as if they're having a conversation, then the reveal that they're leaving an answerphone message.

dissolute ocelot

Anything involving a urinal (including urinal cakes, pissing on shoes, etc).

Cats failing to successfully execute elementary cat manoeuvres.

Neckbeards, muttonchops, soul patches, etc. EDIT: terms for facial hair are funny even if the facial hair itself is not, e.g Van Dykes, goatees.

bgmnts

Children falling over then crying.

badaids

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 11, 2021, 02:50:07 PM
The opening of the first LoG episode is my favourite example of this. Such a great joke and so simple.

Or the opposite when they go from a wide shot to a detail close up. Theres one of those, also in the LoG first episode I think when the female vicar is rattling a collection tin and it zooms in so you can read it says 'bring back the slave trade appeal' on it or something.

Thosworth

• Something extraordinary happens in a public space.
  • An onlooker is shocked, and looks alternately at their hands holding [innocuous foodstuff] and [bottle of spirits].
  • Throws away [innocuous foodstuff] and takes a drink.

(Also, while Look To Camera is the laziest, easiest punchline ever, I both love and hate how it will never not make me laugh)

bakabaka

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 11, 2021, 05:43:35 PM
Neckbeards, muttonchops, soul patches, etc. EDIT: terms for facial hair are funny even if the facial hair itself is not, e.g Van Dykes, goatees.

Facial pubes.

bakabaka

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 11, 2021, 05:39:06 PM

You must love Bob Newhart[nb]and rightly so.[/nb] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZLb4afIJw.

Cuellar

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

bleeped out swearing

Former

People talking about products that don't exist any more as if they still did.

Gulftastic

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 11, 2021, 05:39:06 PM

Needs a skilled comic to really make it work. Roy Barraclough, during his first stint as Alec Gilroy in Corrie, was a master. He was supposed to be a theatrical agent and his one sided chats with his acts were always an episode highlight.

phes

smash cut to ambulance lights and sirens

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteThat sounds great but have you any examples please?

More of a variation, but that Gilliam bit in an episode of Python where the 2001 ape hurls the bone into the sky, it smash-cuts to the spaceship, then back to the ape who looks up in shock as the enormous spaceship lands on top of him and squashes him flat.