Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

fuckin love E3 lads.

Started by madhair60, May 11, 2021, 11:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I hope you meant Yoshi's Cookie.

I hope you meant Mario and Yoshi on the gameboy!

Malcy

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 03, 2021, 01:24:48 PM
Hope Limmy streams it again, "It's god damn fuckin Keanu Reeves man!!"

That was such a good stream. Probably the only one I've ever really enjoyed and would consider watching again.

Kelvin

So excited for this five day ad break, I feel like a kid before Christmas this year. And the thought of a new Zelda trailer makes me sick with excitement. I love that series more than pretty much any other in entertainment.

EDIT: I bet they don't even show a BotW 2 trailer, as Nintendo always find a way to do slightly less than I expect.

brat-sampson

One other thing I *love* about E3 (and other conferences) are the Easy Allies Betting specials.

Adds some real stakes to the proceedings.

This year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wH4Hiy-rDw

If anyone wants a crack or just to know the bets:

Shadow Drops are over/under 4?
Claptrap will ascend an odd or even number of stairs?
Will Sam Fisher run?
Will we see Samus' face in a Metroid Prime 4 teaser?
More than 10 costumed mascots will appear during the Ubisoft Riders Republic presentation?
Will Randy Pitchford make a mistake while performing a magic trick?
Will Mario Kart be revealed?
Will the cumulative amount of apologies for Halo Infinite be over or under 20 seconds?
Screen size for Switch Pro is over/under 7 inches?
Will Celebrimbor speak?
Will the new Silent Hill be first or third person?

odds based

Beyond Good and Evil 2 will reveal a release window. (4/1)
A playable Demo/Beta for Halo Infinite will be announced. (3/1)
Indiana Jones will crack his whip. (5/1)
God of War: Ragnarok Trailer will show Sparta. (4/1)
Elder Scrolls VI will be given a specific release date. (7/1)
Starfield gameplay will be shown. (4/1)
Geoff Keighley will have a live or recorded conversation with Hideo Kojima. (2/1)
Phil Spencer will linger on stage when Pete Hines is introduced. (6/1)
Elden Ring will be given a specific release date. (8/1)

etc etc.

Always such good fun.

Panic did their Playdate E3 show. Pre-orders start next month. It's such a stupid, fun little thing, like Warioware made flesh.

https://play.date/

I'm ready to crank.

Beagle 2

$179? Has that not gone up a lot since it was first announced?

Oh well, no way I'll be coughing up that sort of bunce but it does look great.

Nah, it was always $179. Thanks to sterling being in the toilet, that works out at ~£127 which isn't that bad. The worry is how much they'll charge for shipping to the UK.

Chedney Honks

My main worry is will it be more fun than pouring 127 pound coins down a fuckin grid

Doubt

Lost Ark coming to the west. looks like it might be fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGGw3UFKwUI

They've ballsed up with the regions, so you get an error message, but this'll be the steam page once they sort that - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1599340/Lost_Ark/

You can sign up for the beta here with your amazon account - https://www.playlostark.com/en-gb/tester-sign-up

Kelvin

Xbox Showcase is about to start at 6pm.

Genuinely excited! Love this dumb shit. Hype straight into the vein.

Bazooka

Why does Halo Infinite barely look any more impressive than Halo from 2001?

mobias

Why do all these games look so utterly derivative of one another?

Why are there so many first person shooters?

Kelvin

Quote from: Bazooka on June 13, 2021, 06:49:28 PM

I know. It's bizarre for what is meant to be their flagship title. The single player cutscene looked a bit naff, too. Such generic, flat  dialogue. All exposition, no actual personality.

Kelvin

Quote from: mobias on June 13, 2021, 06:55:46 PM
Why do all these games look so utterly derivative of one another?

Why are there so many first person shooters?

I was about to write something similar. I feel like I said this about their Series S console showcase, but all their games are grey wastelands, with a bit of neon thrown in. Even their more "indie" games have a very samey look; lots of shadows, lots of side scrolling pixel art.

mobias

The Battlefield game looked pretty last gen too. With this new generation of consoles its pretty clear that 60FPS at 4K is the big target things has to hit. As a result everything else has to be dialled back to pretty much where its been for the last few years. 

Kelvin

Battlefield does look fucking cool, though.

mobias

Flight Simulator 2020 coming to Xbox. Hippos confirmed.

Bazooka

I'm a Battlefield whore so it's a hit for me, and I'm glad they aren't wasting development time on a single player campaign.

Kelvin

They do have the pacing right. It's all trailers, with very little of the boring chat with developers reading lines fed to them by the marketing team.

EDIT: As I typed that these guys started doing exactly that about Forza. Oh well. 

madhair60

Quote from: Bazooka on June 13, 2021, 06:49:28 PM

lmao

Kelvin

It obviously doesn't look that bad, but it also doesn't look like the central pillar of the Xbox library in 2021.

mobias

Chedney Honks

Gonna pick up a Series X for FH5 and Flight Sim so might get one next month if I can. Nothing else really my kind of thing but OK. Maybe they get some good AAA stuff in 2022.

Bazooka

No gameplay shown, but A Plagues Tale: Requiem announced is good news for me.

brat-sampson

Microsoft basically just gifted me Yakuza LaD, so cheers for that one LaDs. Still playing through 5 at the moment, having finished Kiwami 2, 3 and 4 all also via Game Pass.

Love it.

Consignia

Gutted that Yakuza 7 is on game pass after just buying it a couple of months ago. Would have liked Judgement instead, but it's probably the best choice for game pass.

Looking forward to Flight Simulator coming soon, a game I will no doubt spend more time downloading than playing.

druss

Anything good yet, feels like it's been downhill since Elden Ring.

mobias

Quote from: Bazooka on June 13, 2021, 09:40:09 PM
No gameplay shown, but A Plagues Tale: Requiem announced is good news for me.

Which is made by Asobo studios, the same French studio behind Flight Simulator. It didn't realise they were so big.

Quote from: Consignia on June 13, 2021, 10:04:58 PM

Looking forward to Flight Simulator coming soon, a game I will no doubt spend more time downloading than playing.

Its nothing out of the ordinary in size, its about 100GB. Remember it streams most of its data as you're playing it. Having a really fast stable internet connection is vital.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: druss on June 13, 2021, 10:20:21 PM
Anything good yet, feels like it's been downhill since Elden Ring.

Forza Horizon 5 looks very nice, if the same game again fundamentally. I also have bad memories of Mexico, bit of a shit hole.