Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Queen's speech 2021

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 11, 2021, 12:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Queen says the government will "ensure that the public finances are returned to a sustainable path once the economic recovery is secure".

I presume that is a euphemism for more austerity.

There's a bill to remove the Fixed-Term Parliaments Act so prime ministers can call an early election if they want to.

Eight more freeports planned, 5G mobile coverage and gigabit capable broadband to be extended.

BBC loves all the pageantry with Black Rod banging away and all that, it's sad that it couldn't have been scrapped during the pandemic. No, we still need all this tedious bollocks.

I don't trust this government to enact any of their promises on national infrastructure, education, aid or the environment.

JamesTC

Snickers to be changed back to Marathon.

Russia to be exclusively referred to as the Soviet Union.

Hitting children to be allowed if they are naughty.

touchingcloth

White feathers to be handed to all draft dodgers.

idunnosomename

FUCKIN QUEEN I HATE THE RANCID OLD FANNY

Smoking in cars now mandatory

No mucking about

An tSaoi

On a serious note: Soldiers can do murders and not get done for it. Mind you, she'll probably say it in a more fancy way.

JamesTC

Calling somebody racist is now a hate crime.

Butchers Blind

Why's Phil not sitting next to her? Hope he's ok.

Paul Calf

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 11, 2021, 12:43:10 PM
On a serious note: Soldiers can do murders and not get done for it. Mind you, she'll probably say it in a more fancy way.

What's more, if the armed forces have mistreated or abused any of their servicepeople, those servicepeople will no longer be able to sue.

jobotic

Toby Young is to be enshrined in law.

Norton Canes

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 11, 2021, 12:43:10 PM
On a serious note: Soldiers can do murders and not get done for it

Wow. How's this for timing?

Ballymurphy Inquest: Coroner finds 10 victims were innocent

An inquest has found that 10 people killed in west Belfast almost 50 years ago in the wake of an Army operation were innocent. The inquest, which began in November 2018, examined the deaths in and around the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast in August 1971. The shootings happened after an operation in which paramilitary suspects were detained without trial. Victims included a priest trying to help the wounded and a mother of eight.

Nine of the 10 victims were killed by the Army, the coroner said

jobotic

Bet they're not innocent in Johnny Mercer's eyes.

Pinball

Mobile phones in cars to be mandatory, with the engine stalling if you stop talking.

Vaccine passport to provide 10% off at Harrods on Tuesdays.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JamesTC on May 11, 2021, 12:26:38 PM
Hitting children to be allowed if they are naughty climate strikers.

But we're all going to have free speech! Isn't that great![nb]Except Muslims or leftists or trans people or climate strikers.[/nb]

Video Game Fan 2000

She's going to announce that aristocracy and meritocracy aren't real ideas they were just doing them "for the mad bantz" and from now on we'll go back to thinking that unnecessary suffering is undesirable, but refreshed from the five thousand years of being silly buggers.