Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem - what is happening and why

Started by Buelligan, May 11, 2021, 03:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Saw this short piece about the Israeli police storming the Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem on Novara last night.  I think it's an important watch (and only sixteen minutes of your time). 

What's particularly important, I think, is the concise and clear explanation, from Palestinian residents, on what's happening and the background to it.  Really important stuff, please watch it if you can.

Sebastian Cobb

Saw this earlier, Israeli soldier about to lob a grenade at an ambulance surrounded by medics and journalists then tries to style it out when they realise the camera is trained on them.

https://twitter.com/jijijibli/status/1391829463630024704

pancreas

Worth watching the Palestinian ambassador take that cunt Maitliss down:

https://twitter.com/yasmin_khan/status/1392068859193171973?s=20

How the fuck does she sleep at night.

idunnosomename

Quitely in a nice big bed with her investment banker husband i imagine

Buelligan

I don't care about her but I applaud Husam Said Zomlot, he did very well.  Whilst Palestine has people like that to speak for it, there is always hope.

Kankurette

Not wanting to watch a video of Israeli atrocities does not mean people think Islamophobia is OK. Jesus.

robhug

CNN coverage appears a little torn - live link to a couple of different people, one of which just stated facts about how Palestinians aren't allowed to vote, can have their house raised to the ground if they leave it, have no control over their lives etc then the next one's an israeli who's upset cos the noise woke his kids up in the night

An tSaoi

Ah but you see the Palestinians had fired some rockets, so that makes it okay to kill all them kids.

I've seen this argument, unironically, about five hundred times today.

chveik

grim shit. i'm guessing daddy joe has gone fishing

Buelligan

There's some very duplicitous stuff going on.  Saw more than one person on twitter saying the reason Palestinian people are being thrown out of their homes and people are stealing them from them, as in that viral video, is because they've refused to pay rent on the properties.  Complete lies, addressed in that Novara thing.  Really shocking that people seem so willing to turn a blind eye to this stuff.

poodlefaker

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 11, 2021, 07:04:15 PM
Ah but you see the Palestinians had fired some rockets, so that makes it okay to kill all them kids.

Catapults as  well, don't forget. Slingshots. And really quite sharp stones.

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on May 11, 2021, 07:06:36 PM
There's some very duplicitous stuff going on.  Saw more than one person on twitter saying the reason Palestinian people are being thrown out of their homes and people are stealing them from them, as in that viral video, is because they've refused to pay rent on the properties.  Complete lies, addressed in that Novara thing.  Really shocking that people seem so willing to turn a blind eye to this stuff.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210510-french-government-furious-over-new-military-letter-warning-macron-of-survival-of-france

Islamophobia is so outwardly prevalent in our societies its mental. Lets not forget the Uighurs in China and the Rohingya in Myanmar and the very recent atrocities committed against them.

The US, and presumably western europe, are quick to condemn China's treatment of the Uighurs - which does seem to be awful - but defends Israel's treatment of Palestinians. It's madness, all because of stupid political games. Human life, like.

Buelligan

Yes, I saw that.  I think it's extremely important for people to speak out calmly and rationally about the outrageousness of what is taking place.  People, decent people, on every side must make a public stand for truth and decency, irrespective of race, religion or any other minor difference.

robhug

You'd think a country bombing a residential block of flats would cause international outrage. its ramadan as well, they'll all be in

best we can hope for is biden asking for both sides to de-escalate tensions

Possibly that video is not from today, haven't see another source yet. Media is reporting that they have been striking residential buildings though.

Buelligan

Yes, I'm hoping it is old footage from Israeli airstrikes in Gaza or similar.  Still, whatever, it's horrific.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 11, 2021, 07:28:49 PM
Possibly that video is not from today, haven't see another source yet. Media is reporting that they have been striking residential buildings though.

I think this is from a different angle:
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1392174275092750340

Buelligan

Dear god, how awful.  What is wrong with people?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on May 11, 2021, 05:05:17 PM

"How do you sweat at night, Andrew"

BlodwynPig

Maitliss is a gullible cunt isn't she.

"The Führer says that your people are disease ridden enemies of the Reich...what do you say to that?"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on May 11, 2021, 06:38:04 PM
Not wanting to watch a video of Israeli atrocities does not mean people think Islamophobia is OK. Jesus.

Don't bring that cunt into it.

Dr Trouser

Can we just admire the outstanding engineering of IRON DOMETM which is doing a brilliant job!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on May 11, 2021, 05:05:17 PM

It's the BBC obsession with treating each interviewee as an opponent, someone who you spend an entire slot unproductively aiming at their weak spot, rather than exploring the topic, having the strength to let the guest drive the discussion, in the knowledge that, like other intelligent well-read people, if they venture onto other issues you are already armed to reply, and also that some guests overreach when they are indulged. No nouse, no background knowledge (despite her ridiculously arrogant and unsupported claim to be on top of the subject).

It's the same as that Azerbaijani dictator pointing out to Orla Guerin her shrill ridiculous line of questioning only makes sense if you've only been imbibing the Blue Drink.

The other week we had that Jeffrey Sacks guy from the UN trying to point out the absurdity of framing a discussion on climate change agreement around Chinese human rights abuses from the position of the US as the shining beacons. It is barely concealed.

Legend Maitlis, darling of the centrists, is a by the numbers Fox News style hack who gets her arse kissed for doing a couple of virtually uncontestably true pieces to camera. Great to see her meeting a superior, by the way, someone who is at an automatic disadvantage through speaking a 2nd language.

chveik

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 11, 2021, 07:04:15 PM

decades of indoctrination, both side-ism and supposedly 'impartial reporters' regurgitating the most racist propaganda would do that. 

idunnosomename

pretty sure the Hanadi Tower was completely evacuated. still dozens of families have lost their homes.

all the BBC stuff I heard was about Hamas strikes on Israel and Ben Yahoo getting tough on revenge. cuntery

Sebastian Cobb