Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem - what is happening and why

Started by Buelligan, May 11, 2021, 03:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcsjwgm

Not that anyone was in doubt that Israel and its supporters lied about "carefully targeting terrorists", but Israel's Channel 12 interviewed an IDF fighter pilot who claimed his side destroyed towers in Gaza "to vent the frustration" of being unable to subdue the Palestinian resistance:

https://mobile.twitter.com/colinkalmbacher/status/1396131217121189891

Also a defiant statement from Emily Wilder on her termination from the AP:

https://twitter.com/vv1lder/status/1396142932583874563

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good for her. Every word backing up what I said in the Swansea civil bother thread.

jobotic

It would be embarrassing for Dan Hodges and that Telegraph woman etc who have been trying to smear all supporters of Palestinians as rabid racists to have Tommy Robinson at today's pro-Israel demo in London but I doubt they'll even acknowledge it.

Kankurette

Oh, that cunt has always been a big old Zionist. The Infidels are a splinter group who left the EDL because of it. Not because they were pro-Palestine, mind, they thought Tommy loved Jews too much. What with the EDL having a Jewish Division, which was mainly populated by Christians.

I wish the twat would go to Israel and get hit by a rocket.

ETA: Emily Wilder is what journalists should be. Someone who speaks truth to power.

jobotic

Yeah I know. Funny as I can remember when my mum's friend stood as a Labour councillor in the eighties and was bombarded with post from the BNP calling her a Jew-lover and talking about their support for the poor Palestinians. Doesn't matter who the target is, as long as there is one.

Specifically though Dan Hodges compared certain groups* that attended the Palestinian Solidarity march as being as racist as the EDL.

*he was a bit coy about saying which ones, naturally, as it was just a general smear.

Having said that I remember being on the Stop The War demo years ago and moving myself away from a group with placards that had the Star of David morphing into a swastika on them. Twats.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: jobotic on May 24, 2021, 10:37:11 AM
Having said that I remember being on the Stop The War demo years ago and moving myself away from a group with placards that had the Star of David morphing into a swastika on them. Twats.

Buelligan

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteETA: Emily Wilder is what journalists should be. Someone who speaks truth to power.

I support her in her future endeavours because what happened to her is a disgrace, but if I may ask the forum in general for a consideration before using the phrase 'speak truth to power' which has been abused to the point where it only possesses a kind of tedious aggrandizement. (It also helps reroute politics to being about competency of the existing system rather than improvement of it, in my view, which is why centrist social media loves it)

Also as a journalist not a politician or campaigner, the phrase doesn't function. A journalist reports on the powerful to the public (or ought to).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Palestinian flag is a design classic.

So is Israel's tho :(

Buelligan

bgmnts

Just found out my mother has regularly been buying medjool dates, having no idea they were from Israel.

I jokingly shamed her but now i'm complicit in ethnic cleansing, great.

Buelligan

Being serious, make sure you don't do it again.  Solidarity only works if we all stand together.  It seems a small thing, but small things, all together, make some of the biggest and most powerful things there are.  Solidarity comrade bgmnts' mum.

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on May 26, 2021, 10:26:12 AM
Just found out my mother has regularly been buying medjool dates, having no idea they were from Israel.

I jokingly shamed her but now i'm complicit in ethnic cleansing, great.
Just buy dates from somewhere else. It's doable.

Shoulders, I couldn't think of a better phrase.

EOLAN

So it likes Netanyahu may finally be on his way out. A unity government primarily led by the opposing right-wing party. Basically just united in their opposition to old Benjamin.

peanutbutter

Seeing reports that Israel just bombed Gaza there again

idunnosomename

yeah pretty clear there's pretty big raids on Gaza City again. seems now it's just cunting down bombs and not the former evacuate call/JDAM strike on certain buildings

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

buttgammon

What on earth is an 'incendiary balloon'? I'm assuming this is one of those terms that's used to make this sound like a remotely proportionate response, much like the melodramatic words they use to refer to some kids chucking rocks.

bakabaka

Quote from: buttgammon on June 16, 2021, 09:51:53 AM
What on earth is an 'incendiary balloon'?

Looks to be a bunch of balloons with the insides of a flare attached. Apparently they're setting fire to fields.

buttgammon

Thank you - this wasn't explained in anything I read this morning.

Flouncer

Quote from: buttgammon on June 16, 2021, 09:51:53 AM
...much like the melodramatic words they use to refer to some kids chucking rocks.

Ah, you mean igneous kinetic assault devices - Hamas have been stockpiling them for years, storing them throughout the Palestinian landscape in vast quantities.

bakabaka

Thank goodness[nb]US military funding[/nb] that the IDF have heat-seeking ground-to-air missiles.

That cost a bomb.

canadagoose