Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New World Order? Or Alex Jones Fodder? (hold tight pinball)

Started by New World Order, February 29, 2004, 02:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramses VIII

British Gas et al forcing everyonbe to go online, automatic doors everywhere-soon the `door` will be a thing of the past, security guards and delivery men having to register all their activities with barcode swipe cards, `Paperless billing`-MY ARSE!  Tony Blair`s total lockdown society is coming and there`s nothing you can do to stop it. The future is going to be a cross between Minority Report and Dad`s Army. This way everybody-Over the cliff

Pinball

I just hope no politicians have the audacity to say "the free world" any more..

Flook

Quote from: "Pinball"I just hope no politicians have the audacity to say "the free world" any more..

That Im afraid is rather like hoping it wont rain any more

"The threat of terrorism" is the ulimate in subjectively emotive but empirically meaningless justifications for whatever draconian measures our collective states have been waiting to enforce for the last few years. Unfortunately you cant use that phrase without also using "the free world" - s'like bacon and eggs see, just not the same if you split them up.

Ramses VIII

the free world where you cant smoke, theres `no hiding place` if you dont pay your car tax...I mean I could go on...no-one died..

Pinball

I guess the technology was ripe for an order of magnitude shift in the level of State control of its sheeple. All that was needed was a justification, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that Islamic nutters would attack eventually..

The idea that a totalitarian regime will ensure freedom from crime is a misnomer however. Stalin, Hitler being examples. Crime still happened then. Also during WWII here - people were more controlled with ID cards etc., but crime still happened. No, there are other tax-related reasons for these horrific developments in State domination.

Another factor is that IMO the biggest criminal is the State itself, and these totalitarian moves don't affect the government of course. It's "free" to do WTF it wants, and as illustrated by the UN spying debacle it does with alacrity.

Ramses VIII

The idea of a totalitarian computer slave NWO Big Brother Tony Blair Fuhrer Gulag UK  doesn`t  take into account the incompetence of most workers. For EG we have a database on people at our place but no one knows or wants to know how to get into it. Most people are too busy going sick.Oh, which will of course become a thing of the past when the implant comes in and your boss can track your movements...oh yeah..

Nobody has pulled us apart yet for talking about it, yet.  I almost feel a compulsion to say..

"That must be a hoax, America will never do that, they're our friends."

"You will buy into anything you will, your easily lead."

"Bush would never let that happen and in any case, its the crazy foreign bearded ones that want to take over the world."

What do you rest of you think?  

Are we just paranoid folks?, who have been taken for a ride or what?  Or would you be happy under a one world government?

I dont think I've ever read a thread on CaB which has had a lower read/post ratio than this one.  Maybe its best to just go with the flow.

hoverdonkey

Quote from: "New World Order"

I dont think I've ever read a thread on CaB which has had a lower read/post ratio than this one.  Maybe its best to just go with the flow.

I don't think it's that. I think it's 'Bush-fatigue', call it what you will. People simply bored of talking about it now. Until the next big thing happens and it'll be flavour of the month again. Project...Century is not a new thing either, without wanting to completely piss on your chips. Sorry

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"Project...Century is not a new thing either, without wanting to completely piss on your chips. Sorry

Are you saying that its fairly well known about then? and people just arent bothered by it?  

edit:-
This "Bush fatigue", is stopping people from talking about and having an interest in their future?

Maybe we should just wait until we find the weapons of mass destruction that we have planted in Iraq, then everyone will declare Bush and Blair to be a great men who saved us all from world destruction, whilst everyone else stood around wondering.

jutl

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"Project...Century is not a new thing either, without wanting to completely piss on your chips. Sorry

Are you saying that its fairly well known about then? and people just arent bothered by it?

I think it's fairly well-known - I certainly refer to it quite often when I'm ranting. No less chilling for all that though. Have you checked out Leo Strauss - a man who has been called 'the philosophical mind behind the Bush administration' (honestly)? Many PNAC luminaries are Straussians

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cache:zqDOrVQpQhsJ:www.fpif.org/pdf/gac/0305strauss.pdf

Strauss' view was essentially that

(a) Contrary to most C20th thought, there are good societies and bad ones. The good ones must realise they are good and fight to suppress the bad ones.

(b) Truth can only be grasped by an elite

(c) That elite must create comforting lies to persuade the majority to go along with what the elite say, for the good of everybody

Strauss hated liberal democracy because, as a German Jew, he had seen the total impotence of a liberal democratic state faced with totalitarian militaristic opposition. He came to the conclusion that the good have to kill and lie too, just to make sure good continues to exist...

Quote from: "jutl"Have you checked out Leo Strauss - a man who has been called 'the philosophical mind behind the Bush administration' (honestly)?

I shall do so when I have more than an hour to sit down and look into it.

I've created an mp3 and put it on what I strangely call my "website".  I've also emailed it to project@newamericancentury.org.  I hope their accepting attachments.

Click Here

hoverdonkey

Well I'm sure your average Sun reader knows nothing of it, but most people with a grasp of current affairs have heard of it. Hell I'm only the messenger, I'm not saying it's right there's 'fatigue' about this topic at the moment, but its just part of the natural cycle. We can't go on about how Bush is such a cunt ad infinitum.

Sherringford Hovis

[quote}

Strauss' view was essentially that

(a) Contrary to most C20th thought, there are good societies and bad ones. The good ones must realise they are good and fight to suppress the bad ones.

(b) Truth can only be grasped by an elite

(c) That elite must create comforting lies to persuade the majority to go along with what the elite say, for the good of everybody

Strauss hated liberal democracy because, as a German Jew, he had seen the total impotence of a liberal democratic state faced with totalitarian militaristic opposition. He came to the conclusion that the good have to kill and lie too, just to make sure good continues to exist...[/quote]

Harrison Bergeron.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113264/

So which one of us is going to shoot ourselves Samwise-stylee on prime-time TV in order to wise up the population?