Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CBD - Cure Beyond Description or Can't Be Doing? Your experiences, please.

Started by Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead, May 11, 2021, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Well, you're a man folks of the world, squire... I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh.... You've 'done it'....

Squire: What do you mean?

Man: Well, I mean like,....you've ingested, some CBD....

Squire: Yes....

Man: What's it like?

Me, I've got hypertension and low-to-middling anxiety. Also ADD - so I'm not sure a downer is really what I need - and autism. Not taking any other meds yet, but the cardiologist might put me on some for the blood pressure. Is CBD likely to forestall that happening? What have your experiences with it been like?

Edit for context: I'm in Southeast Asia, not the UK, so have to pay for healthcare. A small bottle of CBD oil, while not cheap, will still be cheaper than a consultation with a cardiologist. Hence the question.

Blinder Data

i had a CBD lolly once while hungover on a long car journey and it made me feel spaced out in a pleasant way

that's all I've got

bgmnts

Never actually talked to anyone who's ever used it really. Bizarre.

I'm sure its fine.

willbo

I bought some expensive cbd capsules from Holland and Barrett and they did nothing for me, not that I could perceive anyway. I drink Buddha coffee, which contains cbd and brainpower oil, but mainly just cause it's luxury coffee and I like it. I can't really tell its effects

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: willbo on May 11, 2021, 05:57:10 PM
I bought some expensive cbd capsules from Holland and Barrett and they did nothing for me, not that I could perceive anyway. I drink Buddha coffee, which contains cbd and brainpower oil, but mainly just cause it's luxury coffee and I like it. I can't really tell its effects
Can't drink coffee any more, because it sends my blood pressure to dangerous levels :( A big cup in the morning was my poor man's ritalin (which is banned in this country). Does the caffeine in your coffee cancel it out, I wonder?

Mobius

My partner is prescribed CBD oil which I use too, and tbh I think it does fuck all

canadagoose

Tastes like dogshit, I've never had any effect from it. I feel left out.

bgmnts

That's disappointing. I was under the impression that it was the CBD in weed that gave you the relaxing feeling and the THC gave you the intoxicated feeling. So i'm surprised it does bugger all on its own.

canadagoose

Just found my bottle of it again. Going to maybe try taking more of it. (It's the 10% stuff.) Don't put it in water, it tastes horrid.

PlanktonSideburns

markburgle

I've got a mate who vaped it for a bit, said it was good, worked as advertised. It's on my list of things to try at some point, and I wouldn't read too much into the failure of the non-smokable versions to do much. A lot of those hings are just novelties - like the shit can of fizzy CBD drink I had once, that did nothing but make me wish I'd had some normal pop instead.

gib

Quote from: bgmnts on May 11, 2021, 08:58:14 PM
That's disappointing. I was under the impression that it was the CBD in weed that gave you the relaxing feeling and the THC gave you the intoxicated feeling. So i'm surprised it does bugger all on its own.

i think your understanding of how it works in weed is right. I think the problem is that the doses are so small compared to how much you'd get in a tiny bit of hash

that or it needs the thc to work

or maybe it's just good at taking the anxiety out of thc so you can enjoy it more

ZoyzaSorris

Vaping pure CBD crystal is the way to do it, and it certainly does plenty taken right.
Pretty cheap in that form too.

nugget

It does nothing at all for me, but I still find myself buying it from time to time in the Hope that I'm wrong. My feeling is that the dosage in most CBD products is much too low to be of any real use.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on May 11, 2021, 08:58:14 PM

You need both. CBD on its own doesn't do anything, I assume that's why you can buy it in Holland and Barrett. One activates the other or some shit, but the ratio is important.

I'm not a big cannabis person but I've been trying edibles/vaping in the last few years since legalization. You can get 10:1 THC/CBD ratio if you want to go to space but frankly 3mg of 1:1 is my level. It's nice and mellowing without feeling intoxicating and will keep you going all evening. Still prefer booze though.

I found with higher THC stuff that going to sleep doesn't fix your sobriety. With booze you can be an utter wasteman, go to sleep, and you'll wake up sober (but feeling like shit). With THC your high lasts as long as it lasts so you can wake up and still be really quite high. Not a fan of that tbh.

Ferris

Just had a look at H&B online, yeah that's laughably weak. The spray bottle for 80 quid (!!) contains 4.1mg of CBD and no THC. You could take the spray nozzle off and drink the lot of that in one go and you would be very unlikely to notice any effect at all.

For comparison, a CBD dominant spray here costs about 15 quid and has about 430mg along with THC (obviously that'll last you a month or more).

https://cannabis.mynslc.com/search-results?Facets=ProductCategoryKey%3D59290466-0b7a-4c2f-bea6-c564a7a186c0&Keywords=Spray

willbo

there's a mad US diet guru called Dave Asprey who thinks that normal coffee is mouldy and sells a special coffee of his own brand with brain-boosting oils. (Labour politician and famous dieter Tom Watson likes him). Happy Buddha coffee in Holland and Barrett has a lot of the same oils as his, with CBD. I've been buying that coffee and like it, but I can't discern any cannabis type effects...or brain effects either. I just like it. I'll try and play chess against the computer after drinking a cup and see what happens.

BeardFaceMan

There's the whole 'entourage effect' too, when you put THC and CBD together they become more than the sum of their parts, especially when you add terpines into the mix too, which oil rarely has. You definitely need both THC & CBD to get the full effect, they don't work they way you think they would when you separate them. Ingesting it also has a different effect to smoking it. I've been using 50mg/ml CBD oil and 20mg/ml THC oil for a month or so now, I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference really, other than to my insomnia, but thats probably because I've been using a gram of weed a day for a few years.

ZoyzaSorris

I'm going to have to disagree with Ferris. CBD definitely does have effects on its own, but to reiterate you do have to consume it in a sufficient dosage and via a bioavailable route, as I say, in reality that means vaping a chunk of 99% pure CBD crystal - which as it is made from hemp is actually not that expensive to buy online these days (note by vape I don't mean in e-cig fluid, I mean vaping the pure solid). Of course it doesn't get you 'high', but I find doing that absolutely great for blasting muscle tension and clearing the mind of accumulated fraff. But as I said in the previous thread, I do suffer particularly badly from nerve/muscle tension so I am probably especially sensitive to its effects. If you aren't a total turbospaz you may not notice it so starkly.

It is certainly true, though, that it does synergise very well with THC, accentuating the positive and ameliorating the negative effects.

All of the edible products and oils almost definitely have nowhere need enough the dose or the bioavailability to do anything useful in my view.

JaDanketies

Because it's touted as a cure for everything, I'm skeptical that it does anything. I can imagine that perhaps inhaling it has an anti-inflammatory effect and that maybe if you do something really clever with it, it might do something to certain tumours, but I'm not sure a CBD ecig or a capsule is much more than placebo.

SpiderChrist

Used to buy CBD flowers, to help with anxiety after my Dad died. Smoking it in a joint definitely worked.

willbo

I wish I could buy mild weed like I used to smoke with friends in the 90s. Just buy it in a shop like a pack of beer cans. Knowing what I was going to get and how much it was worth.

Paul Calf

I used to love the dark hash that came in from Afghanistan and Pakistan in the 80s and 90s: the squidgy black Gold/Red Seal stuff. If I could still get hold of that I might smoke now and again. I stopped smoking when the ridiculously powerful factory-grown hydro-weed flooded the market.

Ferris

Quote from: willbo on May 12, 2021, 11:00:03 AM
I wish I could buy mild weed like I used to smoke with friends in the 90s. Just buy it in a shop like a pack of beer cans. Knowing what I was going to get and how much it was worth.

Have a look here, it's probably of interest - https://cannabis.mynslc.com/

The downstream effect of regulation means everything is labeled and priced to kill off the black market.

If the US is mulling over federal legislation, it won't be long before the rest of the world follows. Your wish is on the way in the next 5-10 years I reckon.

peanutbutter

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2021, 12:59:14 PM
Your wish is on the way in the next 5-10 years I reckon.
I dunno about that, a lot of people over about 50 here still seem to see little of a gap between weed and heroin. It's always been a lot more muddled in the US.

It'll change very fast at some point, but I could easily see it being more than 10 years away.

JaDanketies

I was sure it was 5 years away about 15 years ago. At the moment I'd probably expect the Tories to be the first to call for legalisation, ironically. Labour would be too worried about what the mythical provincial Northern moron thinks.

Ferris

At a certain point, these neoliberal free market cunts realize there is a lot of money to be made and suddenly ethical concerns can be cheerfully forgotten.

See also: John Boehner.

peanutbutter

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 12, 2021, 06:08:53 PM
I was sure it was 5 years away about 15 years ago. At the moment I'd probably expect the Tories to be the first to call for legalisation, ironically. Labour would be too worried about what the mythical provincial Northern moron thinks.
Tbf, the bulk of my family are that mythical moron and every single one of them votes.

Custard

Just this last week I've started taking Hemp Seed Oil, from Green Farm. Was £15 I think, for a bottle that is meant to last a month

I have noticed a really big reduction in anxiety. I'd never struggled with anxiety until the last two or three years, maybe due to the world clearly going to shit, family health issues, moving house, and general day to day stresses, but this stuff seems to have knocked it on it's head, for the most part.

I'm finding myself not getting so stressed at work either, and since covid I'd been struggling to catch my breath, which this also appears to be helping with, madly enough. Maybe it's the minty part of it? Maybe it's somehow clearing out my lungs!

Another thing is that I've noticed I'm less irritable at home, and feel a lot more relaxed and happy. Which has to be good news for Mrs Custard.

I also suffer with dry skin, and apparently it even helps with that! I feel more moisturised. Is that a thing it does? 

It could well he having some kind of placebo effect, on some level, but I'm very impressed with it so far.

I read Hemp Seed Oil and CBD Oil are two different things, and work in different ways, so maybe if one didn't work for some people, give the other a go?

(I wasn't paid for this post)