Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson cleared of any wrongdoing in handling of COVID crisis

Started by Norton Canes, May 12, 2021, 12:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Sorry, just parking that thread title for when the public inquiry results are announced

bgmnts

Hopefully he gets the book thrown at him and gets the punishment he deserves....

Kill me now.

Butchers Blind

It will be decided that he made the decisions based on the advice given. People will forget and just carry on as before. Tories win.

frajer

Badly printed off-white T shirts of Johnson's gurning face above the slogan "He did the best he could" to be made mandatory from Summer.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whatever he did wrong will be excused as either

1) Unprecedented circumstances
2) Trying his best in unprecedented circumstances
3) Would you have done any better eh
4) Better than that Captain Hindsight

Fambo Number Mive

5) Somehow Corbyn's fault.

I do hope the inquiry looks at the actions of those in the media who played down the risk from COVID and the determination of the Leader of the Opposition to support the government in forcing children and teachers back into schools when it wasn't safe.

Butchers Blind

QuoteLet's not forget that OURBORIS suffered first hand the effect of this terrible virus. VOTE TORY

BlodwynPig

Noted that 24% of Novara viewers who participated in the survey chose Tory as the party they would vote for if an GE happened today

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe UK's inquiry into the pandemic is likely to report after the next election due to the "ground it has to cover", Dame Deirdre Hine says.

Hine, who led the independent review into the 2009 swine flu outbreak, tells BBC Radio 4's World at One programme: "Looking at what will have to be the terms of reference and the ground it has to cover, I can't see it reporting, however ably chaired and so on, I can't see it reporting in less than two to three years."

Blinder Data

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 12, 2021, 01:29:17 PM
So a general election before spring 2022 then?

Inquiry takes a to year to complete, the government will sit on it for months, ELECTION, release findings on the Friday before Christmas - easy

chveik