Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh he's turned on ignores

Started by Barry Admin, May 12, 2021, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: icehaven on May 13, 2021, 09:23:27 AM
Spoiler alert
What happens if someone you're ignoring starts a thread, do you just not see it at all?
[close]

Spoiler alert
Heheh, you see it, you may choose to click on it to read it, knowing that someone you don't want to think about or see has started it and you see the message you've sent to yourself - You are ignoring this poster, press the magic button if you want to read what the cunt is saying now.  So you can't read the OP unless you click that magic button to make your own brain explode with rage.
[close]

You are ignoring this poster, press the magic button if you want to read what the cunt is saying now.

An tSaoi

If a person you haven't blocked quotes a person you have blocked, do you see the quote?

greencalx

You do, but these are a little easier to manually ignore.

As it happens people don't seem to be quoting those on my ignore list. I think that tells us something.

Buelligan

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 13, 2021, 10:19:57 AM
Spoiler alert
If a person you haven't blocked quotes a person you have blocked, do you see the quote?
[close]

Dunno, will experiment with all the options later perhaps.  Am tempted to ignore myself just for the fuck of it but I'm not sure the smell would be tolerable in the longer term.

ZoyzaSorris

What does the buddy list do? Not that I have any friends

Buelligan

I'm intrigued by this - it seems far more positive than the
Spoiler alert
ignore option
[close]
and yet, so very mysterious.

Barry Admin

I think it's just a handier way of seeing if your "buddies" are online or for a quicker way of contacting them or something?  "This list will also show their online status and contact information if available." 

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Buelligan on May 13, 2021, 09:31:00 AMYou are ignoring this poster, press the magic button if you want to read what the cunt is saying now.

I just tried it just to see if it actually said that, and am quite disappointed that it doesn't.

Barry Admin

non capisco

If anyone DARES to put me on ignore all I'm ever going to post ever again is You are ignoring this poster, ahaha I win fuckface.

Buelligan

What's that cunt saying now?

JamesTC

Does anybody want to be my buddy?

non capisco

Buelligan

Quote from: JamesTC on May 15, 2021, 09:04:24 PM

Yes.  Does that shock you?

JamesTC

Buelligan

Yup.  Fraid so.  Sort it aht.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

There are no genuine posters I disagree with 100% of the time, but the right wing trolls can go on the list.

dissolute ocelot

I've got by this long without caring what anyone else is saying, I'm not going to start now.

Malcy

Quote from: Chedney Honks on May 13, 2021, 09:13:03 AM
You are ignoring this user.

This is so refreshing.

Fucking AMEN

Malcy

You have given me numerous belly laughs recently. Absolute top poster who should have a gold star by his username.

Ferris

Quote from: Malcy on May 15, 2021, 11:00:33 PM
You have given me numerous belly laughs recently. Absolute top poster who should have a gold star by his username.

Cheers mate, appreciate that.

Ferris

I've added you, but you're on thin ice.

madhair60

Since everyone's ignoring me now, I can post anything I want.

Dex Sawash

Not to mention the goodwill generated  by the avatar

JamesTC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 15, 2021, 11:04:58 PM
I've added you, but you're on thin ice.
Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 15, 2021, 11:37:35 PM

Is there a maximum number of buddies that one person can have? I think I may be near the limit.

Malcy

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 15, 2021, 11:37:35 PM

It's like Vince Noir showing the Kittens to Howard Moon. Can be in a right mood and then go ahhh.

Malcy

GoblinAhFuckScary

Morrison Lard

I was very much enjoying this new feature.

Was a little annoyed with the ignored people's names still popping up and the accompanying "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.",
so I pissed about with ublock origin and Adblock and fucked it all up.

Now I don't see anyone's username, just their avatar and post.

Still, at least the knobheads are on ignore.

Edit: Nobody in that image is actually one of my ignored people, far from it

Malcy

This is an absolute godsend but yeah you are still aware that the annoying cunts have posted. I don't think this is a fixable thing though as I've encountered it on multiple forums.

As good as it is you're still aware that they are lurking around which is the true problem.