Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh he's turned on ignores

Started by Barry Admin, May 12, 2021, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Malcy on May 16, 2021, 06:29:29 PM
This is an absolute godsend but yeah you are still aware that the annoying cunts have posted. I don't think this is a fixable thing though as I've encountered it on multiple forums.

As good as it is you're still aware that they are lurking around which is the true problem.

I don't mind being aware that people on my blocklist have posted. Back in the day I was on another forum where someone developed a browser extension to block users and hide their posts and it just made some threads very confusing, because big chunks of conversations would be missing or it would look like people were arguing with themselves.

Here it's just made me aware that the people I've blocked really did post so much that it was impossible to ignore them despite my best efforts. Also how certain posters on forums (not just this one, in general) can seem like they're compelled to post in every single thread and have an opinion on absolutely everything.

I'm glad the avatars are hidden though, I know it sounds stupid but thanks to my anxiety seeing certain ones pop up really used to give me the jitters.

Big thanks again Neil x

Barry Admin

Glad it's helping!

Quote from: Malcy on May 16, 2021, 06:29:29 PM

As good as it is you're still aware that they are lurking around which is the true problem.

Well it really shouldn't be that much of an issue, honestly, and it's gonna be the same on Twitter or FB or whereever else. If anything egregious gets posted or even PM'd then people can hit the report function, and I'll look it over.

Chedney Honks

Apologies to those who got a Buddy request from me, I meant to add you to the ignore list. Just in a bit of a mad rush not to read your posts.

No hard feelings.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 16, 2021, 06:36:03 PM

I'm glad the avatars are hidden though, I know it sounds stupid but thanks to my anxiety seeing certain ones pop up really used to give me the jitters.

Yeah, my current rewatch of The Sopranos has been tainted somewhat.

Shaun Ryder

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 17, 2021, 07:27:14 AM
Yeah, my current rewatch of The Sopranos has been tainted somewhat.

Yes, and I'm not enjoying The Red Hand Gang as much as I used to either.

Malcy

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 16, 2021, 06:38:06 PM
Glad it's helping!

Well it really shouldn't be that much of an issue, honestly, and it's gonna be the same on Twitter or FB or whereever else. If anything egregious gets posted or even PM'd then people can hit the report function, and I'll look it over.

Yeah it's not an issue at all. I was just in a very bad wine-induced mood last night and a bit mad at the world. Thanks.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 16, 2021, 06:36:03 PM

Big thanks again Neil x

Yes, me too. But unfortunately I am so lurky that I seldom log in so I still see posts by the people I don't want to see. I must get into the habit of logging in, then the new regimen works nicely.

Bunty Levert

You see what I done in the toilet?

How do you mean?

I retiled (made it easier to ignore/unignore people, hid the "You are ignoring this user" placeholder, hid posts which quote ignored users and hid topics created by ignored users - some of which can be turned off, oh, and also implemented ignore for non-logged-in users) it.

https://github.com/insin/cookdandbombd-really-ignore-users#cookd-and-bombd-really-ignore-users

Right.

Barry Admin

Bumping this as a reminder. CaB tends to get a bit tense during the warm summers, so please consider making use of this script if someone's really aggravating you.

And please do try to be relatively civil to each other.

But most of all, have fun :-D

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 13, 2021, 05:05:33 AM
CaB tends to get a bit tense during the warm summers

"El diablo cazador de hombres". Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skin... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of bald men".

BlodwynPig

The testosterone is strong with this bald one

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 13, 2021, 05:14:21 AM
"El diablo cazador de hombres". Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skin... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of bald men".

Fucking hell that made me laugh.

Blue Jam

Butchers Blind

Don't have nightmares, do sleep well.

Shit Good Nose

Yes, big thanks Neil.  I had to remove myself from here for a few months earlier in the year because one or two posters were getting VERY difficult to just gloss over, so when I saw you turned on the ignore function I did a little dance.

Goldentony

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 13, 2021, 10:20:16 AM

listening to Inwards by Big Country and this gif timed perfectly with the middle 8 bit where he goes HEYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HEYYEHHAAHHHHH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JamesTC

I think something is wrong with the ignore list. I just tried to add that tosser JamesTC to mine but he isn't showing on the list.

Endicott

It's OK, I found him on mine and added him for you.

Tony Tony Tony

Put myself on ignore and now I can't see a feckin thing.