Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dog shit bin neighbour

Started by Barry Admin, May 13, 2021, 12:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

The guy in the flat opposite me got a Chow Chow, but he's as thick as pigshit and a lazy cunt to boot. So he leaves taking the dog out til the last minute, and then it pisses all over the hall as he drags it out.

I tackled him about this, and he does now clean it up. He's got weirdly rich parents for living in an area like this, and has two cleaning ladies come in to do everything for him. Anyway, he has a small bin for dog shit OUTSIDE HIS FUCKING FLAT.  For some reason, he brings his dog shit home and sticks it in that bin.

It's reeking, absolutely disgusting. I don't want to be on his case all the time, but couldn't take it anymore as he's right opposite me and I have to pass it every time I go downstairs. So I tackled him last week and he said "oh sometimes I leave it there for a week or two and then empty it." I'm like...whyyyyy?

He saw me out with Jelly there and came in the back way - past the fucking bins outside - and has dropped another steaming load in the bin. I swear he must have had it in his pocket or something, and went round the back way to avoid passing me with it.

What do you do about something like this? I don't want to fall out with him but it's absolutely gross and noone else either smells it or will deal with it. Should I just go to the council now?  He passes a public bin too, so why is he bringing his dog shit him and putting it outside his cunting door? I keep opening the window outside his flat as a hint, but he just closes it again.

Flouncer

That's going to be fucking LIFTING in the summer.

SOMK

Pour hot bleach in the bin?

If he's not a complete idiot he'll figure out why a neighbour is pouring bleach into the bin and cop the fuck on.

Another option is if you want to just flat out complain about it, buy him a cake and hand him it as way of making up for complaining, firstly is disarms the confrontation (no one likes being complained to but who doesn't like a surprise cake! and the latter is much rarer than the first), second it gives him a psychological obligation/motivation to pay it back.

"no hard feelings, but the smell of dog shit is the smell of dog shit and every time opening my front door to go out and being confronted with a nose full of dog gravy from that bin has a notably detrimental affect on my quality of life, life is short and I'd rather do without a gag reflex every time I open the front door to my home. In the long run taking responsibility for what comes out of the back end of your dog is a consequence of owning a dog in a flat, if you can manage your own arse you can manage his, and god forbid you ever bring back someone here you like with that stink outside your door, doesn't exactly scream marriage material. My friend you live in a community, we all just want to live in a nice place, please have some consideration and enjoy the cake."

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Pijlstaart

Wolves in sheep's clothing, Chow Chows, can't be doing with them. Drape it over a passing dowager's shoulders and replace with one of the toilet paper dogs, solves both our problems.

Barry Admin

Can anyone even explain why someone would feel compelled to do this?  He has a bin out the back and walks right past a public bin. What the actual fuck.

I'm not buying him a cake, I think I'm just gonna ring the council tomorrow. It's driving me mad.

Kelvin

Maybe his dog eats a lot of expensive jewellery, and he has to keep the shit. Maybe its a scam the two of them have going. 

Barry Admin

Needs to start keeping his precious jewel-encrusted dog dirt in his fucking flat then lest someone nicks it 😩

Barry Admin

Just had a row about it. He kept shutting the windows all night so I kept opening them. Finally he comes out and asks why I'm opening them and I said to get rid of the smell of the dog shit. He screamed that I was "a pleb" so I shouted that he was a dirty bastard. Shit collecting prick.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Founder of the pan- Islamic militant organisation al- Qaeda considers name change.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHe kept shutting the windows all night so I kept opening them.

Oh fuck, so this dog shit bin is in an enclosed area of the building, not outside? That must be honking the place out.

You have to say, turning a public space unnecessarily into one that reeks of dog shit then calling the person who complains about that a pleb takes some fucking neck.

Attila

That's mental, and I'm sorry that you've got that right on your doorstep. I feel badly for the poor dog, to be honest. A big dog like that needs more exercise than just last minute hauls outside to do his business, too.

That bin is a health hazard if nothing else, aside from the stench.

touchingcloth

Install a toilet in the corridor between your flats, do your own dirty in there and never flush it.

bgmnts

Thats genuinely insane and i hope that guy gets that dog taken away from him.

frajer

Jesus that is fucking awful. Lazy disgusting bastard creating a toxic hazard in a shared living space.

Funny that it's fine to keep in the corridor but not his own flat. It's almost as if you shouldn't keep a bucket of stinking shit inside a building at all!

Zetetic

Based on my experiences with the Class 220 trains and the rest of the population of Great Britain, you're not going to win this.

touchingcloth

Put the bin in a paper bag, light the bag on fire, knock on his door and then run away.

He'll come out of the flat, see the fire, and instinct will kick in and he'll start to stamp all over it and get dog shit bin shoes, the dog shit binny-shoed bastard.

Bernice

Make him eat the dogshits, one by one.

Natnar

You never know after next week when people can start visiting households again he might decide to empty the shit bin more often once he starts having people around.

You might not have wanted to go down the formal route but if he's acting like a twat I'd be minded to contact the council's environmental health department. Storing a shit-filled bin indoors is ridiculous behaviour and the odour would surely constitute a statutory nuisance, i.e. 'a matter which is unreasonable and causes substantial interference in the use and enjoyment of a person's property.'

They'll probably send a warning letter in the first instance and if he ignores that they can serve him with a community protection notice. If he doesn't comply with the notice he's committing an offence and can be shot fined or prosecuted (but most people comply so that shouldn't happen).

hamfist

Council, surely - it's an environmental health hazard. It'll attract flies, which an old lady could swallow and perhaps - die.

Natnar

I wonder if he's leaving the shit bin for his cleaners to empty when they come to his flat? Surely they must be smelling it as well?

jobotic

Why is the dogshit bin indoors? Is it really a dogshit bin? Looks like the caddy bins that we have here for food waste with a dogshit sticker on top?

Jasha

Hoick the dog shit bin into the dustbin outside

Buelligan

Been thinking for quite a while about how to find an upside on this one.  I don't think there is an upside.  Hate the way he's keeping this poor animal.  Sorry it and you and Jelly have to live around this prick.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2021, 12:31:21 AM
For some reason, he brings his dog shit home and sticks it in that bin.

My guess is that he's letting the dog shit in the flat. If he's as lazy as you say it figures, and that would also explain why he needs two cleaners. Sounds like the dog isn't being walked enough and hasn't been house-trained.

Maybe give the RSPCA a call? Should shit him up a bit at least (no pun intended):

https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty

You've already taken a photo of the bin as evidence. Bit daft of him to have labelled it.

jobotic

He's storing dogshit in a communal area. No difference between that and if he was hoiking his turds out of the bowl and putting them in a tupperware box in the corridor. Must be rules against doing that.

Butchers Blind

There no such thing as a dog poo bin fairy.  Shove his face in it and tell him not to do it again.

Zetetic

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 13, 2021, 09:36:49 AM
Maybe give the RSPCA a call? Should shit him up a bit at least (no pun intended):

https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty
This suddenly made me wonder, given the 'R', whether they operate in NI.

It turns out the equivalent is the Ulster SPCA :
https://www.uspca.co.uk/report-cruelty
(AFAICT)

(Edit: By the looks of it, they don't tend to have the same operational capacity to investigate as the RSPCA though - so the advice is to call the relevant council.)

Blue Jam

I just googled "RSPCA Northern Ireland" to make sure and got the link above. Sounds like they're a bit snowed under in any case.