Author Topic: Things that are NEVER funny.  (Read 16851 times)

Re: Things that are NEVER funny.
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »
emoji's are too cutesy and infantile, this is a FACT.

That may be true, but speaking as a former emoji hater, I've found them extremely useful since I started working remotely last year. I'm still never using that crying laughing cunt though.

« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2021, 03:17:02 PM »
It is weird how the cry laugh emoji is now a symbol of an aggressive snarky right wing cunt.

The old fashioned LOL emoticon from the old days of the internet would never get involved in this sort of thing.

« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2021, 03:22:39 PM »
The laugh cry emoji is very big among the right wingers and boot lickers on Twitter etc. He who should not be named used it a lot
And Facebook. It's a cunt marker. Why it's so popular with right-wingers, I don't know.

« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »
The mere fact that we're talking about it shows how "triggered" we are. We're such snowflakes.

« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2021, 03:56:57 PM »
I just don't understand how anyone would see that image and think "yep, that's the emotion I am going for"

« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »
I just don't understand how anyone would see that image and think "yep, that's the emotion I am going for"

😂😂😂

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2021, 04:49:53 PM »
The cat one is better
😹

« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
To be fair though I imagine a lot of the right wing trolls who use that emoji do spend a lot of their time laughing and crying at the same time

chveik

• OPEN THE PUBS BOYS
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
still waiting for that wanking/crying one

« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2021, 06:49:19 PM »

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2021, 06:53:44 PM »

Josh Widdicombe

chveik

• OPEN THE PUBS BOYS

« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2021, 11:05:05 PM »
You’re very welcome.

« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2021, 01:23:57 AM »
Manic laughter by  more than one person at the same time.It's usually used to end some scene.

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2021, 01:55:05 AM »
It is weird how the cry laugh emoji is now a symbol of an aggressive snarky right wing cunt.

I don't think I've ever heard this association. I've always just seen it as something that very normal people use.

« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2021, 07:14:39 AM »
The mere fact that we're talking about it shows how "triggered" we are. We're such snowflakes.
Oh yeah, that’s another thing that isn’t funny. Equating being annoyed with having a PTSD reaction.

seepage

• Undetectable in normal everyday use
« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2021, 08:37:00 AM »
The crying with laughter emoji makes me irrationally angry. Bit like this, I suppose 😡

The WhatsApp ones with the head tilted that take up two lines of text are really annoying.

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »
Down Syndrome
Premature Babies
Rape

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2021, 07:40:14 PM »
Me.

markburgle

• A flavourless mush I call Rootmarm
« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2021, 10:45:54 PM »
A big one for me is crude language delivered in a portentous way. Got reminded of it by people dissing the Shary Bobbins episode in the Simpsons thread. One of the songs has the line "Just dooo a haaalllf arrrsed joooob", and the fact that it's those words sung in a big Hollywood Musical way is meant to be funny.

See also "beat the holy snot out of everyone" from this zombie-era clip - https://youtu.be/XSVnmlK2eEo?t=53. Rubbish

Jockice

« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2021, 12:39:31 PM »
Don't forget everyone, tonight sees the only incidence in world history of anything concerning Woody Allen being remotely funny, when that little jumped-up posh bloke with the cravat goes: "Annie who?" in Fawlty Towers.

« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2021, 12:48:07 PM »
A big one for me is crude language delivered in a portentous way. Got reminded of it by people dissing the Shary Bobbins episode in the Simpsons thread. One of the songs has the line "Just dooo a haaalllf arrrsed joooob", and the fact that it's those words sung in a big Hollywood Musical way is meant to be funny.

See also "beat the holy snot out of everyone" from this zombie-era clip - https://youtu.be/XSVnmlK2eEo?t=53. Rubbish

Same clip does two other never funny things that zombie Simpsons does quite a bit : an unexpected character doing gymnastics like back flips and martial arts style fighting presented as if its funny in itself.

markburgle

• A flavourless mush I call Rootmarm
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2021, 05:42:03 PM »
So many unfunny ideas in 90 seconds! It's like a bizarro inversion of the classic series.

idunnosomename

• PIZZA BEAN
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2021, 07:07:51 PM »
i quite liked homer saying "Canal+" but the rest is all so shockingly unfunny that even Family Guy would be ashamed by it

« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2021, 08:01:50 PM »
i quite liked homer saying "Canal+" but the rest is all so shockingly unfunny that even Family Guy would be ashamed by it

The "canal ploos" bit captures the most desolate thing about recent Simpsons: occassionally the voice cast stop phoning it in and let a spark of the magic come through again, just throwing the dogshititude of the material into relief even more. Moe is a usual suspect since the character was last funny 1998 but occassionally Azaria still nails it in some of the worst television ever made.

« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2021, 12:04:26 AM »
Did anyone say the appropriation of hip hop culture by people who sit comfortably outside its expected parameters?

'down with the kids' seems to be phrase they ALWAYS use. Crossing arms in there for good measure.

That's the worst one. Never funny.

Word.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2021, 12:14:15 AM »
Don't forget everyone, tonight sees the only incidence in world history of anything concerning Woody Allen being remotely funny, when that little jumped-up posh bloke with the cravat goes: "Annie who?" in Fawlty Towers.

Except he delivers that line really badly. He doesn’t even seem to realise it’s supposed to be a question.

Jockice

« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2021, 04:51:24 AM »
Except he delivers that line really badly. He doesn’t even seem to realise it’s supposed to be a question.

I like his delivery. You grotty little man. You're asking for a bunch of fives.

« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2021, 11:29:19 AM »
Did anyone say the appropriation of hip hop culture by people who sit comfortably outside its expected parameters?

Miller and Armstrong's World War Two airmen who speak modern youth slang comes to mind.  It would have been a weak idea for one sketch never mind a running one - and I speak as someone who liked most of their sketches.

idunnosomename

• PIZZA BEAN
« Reply #329 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:32 AM »
Yeah I feel the same way. It was an ok sketch show but that was shit.

The old lady in Airplane speaking jive is still hilarious tho imo

Tags: