Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Smell of Reeves & Mortimer...

Started by chrispmartha, May 13, 2021, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispmartha

Probably my favourite Comedy thing ever. Anyway I think I have the VHS tapes somewhere but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere to stream, why's it not available on all the usual places? Im well overdue a rewatch.

DrGreggles

I've got them all as mp4 files, so I can upload them somewhere if you want some 'Smell' action.

Their peak imho. Some parts of Bang Bang are my favourite R&M moments but Smell of.. is consistently great.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It's a bit of pork, with the meat under the fat.

chrispmartha

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 13, 2021, 08:13:50 PM
I've got them all as mp4 files, so I can upload them somewhere if you want some 'Smell' action.

That would be be fabulous

DrGreggles

Ooh, I'd love to get in on this! Been after watchable videos for a long time, my vhses long gone.

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on May 13, 2021, 08:21:01 PM
Their peak imho. Some parts of Bang Bang are my favourite R&M moments but Smell of.. is consistently great.

Yeah, still love a lot of big night out better I think, but you're right, they were definitely riding the wave here, consistently brilliant all the way through.

ProvanFan

Spiteface

I have a DVD set somewhere, been meaning to rewatch it for years.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 13, 2021, 08:34:35 PM
It's a bit of pork, with the meat under the fat.

The closer the bone, the sweeter the meat.

DrGreggles

Uploading now. May have to share by PM.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 13, 2021, 08:50:12 PM
I shall crack on.

For me and certain generation the intro to Faith will always make me laugh, no matter where l am when I hear it, it makes me smile.

So much gold but l personally love
Mulligan and O'Hare
The Bra men

I think it's surrealism of it that makes it timeless.

DrGreggles

madhair60

DrGreggles

No, I think they're DVD rips.
I'm not a Jesus!

buttgammon

Have to agree that this was the high point of their career, with Mulligan and O'Hare and the Masterchef sketch particular personal favourites.

Egyptian Feast

I have the VHS edits if anyone wants them.

Gurke and Hare

"Have you farted?"
"No"
"What, never?"

"I caught the bloke who's been stealing the beetroot"
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, I caught him red-handed"

They call me Mr. Hufff 'n' Puff, but I'm not in a huff and I'm not a puff.

badaids

The cottage cheese song and the bits leading in and out of it are amazing.

The Mollusk

HE MAY LOOK CUTE, BUT HE'S A BRUTE!

chrispmartha

The whole Bob's Organ sketch is etched in my brain, it's utterly glorious.

There was also a very purple bit when Vics pants keep falling down and the absurdness and childishness of it absolutely slays me.

To be honest there's not a mis step in the whole 2 series.

Was it the Lovejoy or Burt Reynolds interviews that was never aired?

chrispmartha

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on May 14, 2021, 07:40:42 AM
For me and certain generation the intro to Faith will always make me laugh, no matter where l am when I hear it, it makes me smile.

The stars in their eyes sketch is I think my favourite comedy thing ever produced.

Swoz_MK

I miss Charlie Chuck. Seen he's been on Instagram and the like doing the old drums and sweating. Doesn't seem to have aged. Love his face.

Anyway. John. John Lovejoy.

chrispmartha

Quote from: Swoz_MK on May 14, 2021, 10:55:14 AM
I miss Charlie Chuck. Seen he's been on Instagram and the like doing the old drums and sweating. Doesn't seem to have aged. Love his face.

Anyway. John. John Lovejoy.

"Some with gatty some with shitty shot for shotty shit"

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: chrispmartha on May 14, 2021, 10:27:34 AM
The stars in their eyes sketch is I think my favourite comedy thing ever produced.
Yes, it's astounding. "You look nowt like him". The George Michael dance is up there with the funniest things that have ever happened.

Magnum Valentino

Youse are right, all the big broad strokes are hilarious, but even your man saying "my name is Bill Decker, and I'm a murderer" in that fucking I LOVE YOU t-shirt, fuck me it's just perfect right the way through.

Can anyone say with certainty whether it's Vic or Bob doing the dance itself?

Magnum Valentino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeARXMHW4Is

I think about the way Bob says "you fat BASTARD" in this every day of my life.

Smell and Bang Bang really deserve to be on Netflix with the rest of the BBC classics. Severely overlooked that there isn't somewhere you can easily log onto to watch those two, Catterick, Shooting Stars. It's a fugging dizgrace.

The Culture Bunker

Always glad I have it on DVD lying around, as it's one of those shows that can cheer me up when I'm feeling a bit down by virtue of sheer silliness alone. Often it's just the smaller details - like Vic being interviewed for the foghorn operator job by "former Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Derek Dougan..." or Uncle Peter claiming he's snared the Have I Got News For You gig from under Vic's nose - "I've been courting Angus Deayton regularly!"

Plus I like to use the line "I hold you indirectly responsible for this!" whenever a tenuous opportunity arises.