Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How could this possibly go wrong

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, May 13, 2021, 08:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57106803

Two opposing sets of English football fans have to leave Porto on the night once the Champions League final has concluded. One set of loud drunken revellers, another set of angry depressed drunken losers.

I cannot foresee any potential hazard with this arrangement.

mothman

It sounds like the text description (for the visually impaired) of a Far Side cartoon.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2021, 08:21:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57106803

Two opposing sets of English football fans have to leave Porto on the night once the Champions League final has concluded. One set of loud drunken revellers, another set of angry depressed drunken losers.

I cannot foresee any potential hazard with this arrangement.

To be fair, that's most football matches. This one just happens to be in Portugal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Which is abroad, which makes up one half of the notorious 'Brits Abroad'.

DrGreggles

Or the more problematic 'English Abroad'.

bgmnts

If you dont trust 6000 pissed up football fans to adhere to protocol and stay in their bubble, I daresay you're quite a cynical person.

imitationleather

The idea of a Man City fan having an excited emotional response to anything is hilarious.

The Chelsea fans will cause carnage though, yes.

BlodwynPig

Would it be safer to hold this in Birmingham? Cant be difficult to do?

Blinder Data

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 14, 2021, 08:05:47 AM

UEFA are v picky about stadiums. Wembley is the obvious solution but it sounds like the UK government aren't giving in to UEFA's demands.

It's being held in Portugal for the benefit of broadcasters and sponsors. The people's game.

jobotic

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 14, 2021, 08:05:47 AM

I assume the concern would be that thousands of people would show up.
Although UEFA have never given a shit about fans before...

Captain Z

Whoever hosted it had to agree to let a few hundred UEFA officials, sponsors and supervillians attend, and waive any quarantine that might apply regardless of where they were travelling from. In a rare moment of "he's got that one right for me, Jeff" we told them to eff off.

I missed BD's post above that basically already explained it.

Pinball

I'll be interested in seeing the results of the various Covid exposure experiments in a month's time.

momatt

Imagine travelling across Europe to watch some men kick a ball around.  But then ignore all the local sights, culture and food.
Cunts.

wooders1978

Quote from: momatt on June 04, 2021, 07:00:16 PM
Imagine travelling across Europe to watch some men kick a ball around.  But then ignore all the local sights, culture and food.
Cunts.

Imagine having two English teams in the final and making the fans haul themselves over to Portugal for the final in a pandemic whilst we are talking about cunts

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: momatt on June 04, 2021, 07:00:16 PM
Cunts.

They do see some sights I think, a bloke I know went to Slovenia for a Scotland game and went to a club that had shower booths with naked women showering in them.

bakabaka

Imagine Gove going, testing positive on return and not isolating afterwards.