Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This is brilliant (go Glasgow)

Started by jobotic, May 13, 2021, 10:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

I love the 'kind regards' at the end.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on May 14, 2021, 03:59:22 PM
Furthermore that house absolutely is not 'marvellous looking', look at those horrible columns

It's a disgracefully ugly house.

It is interesting to see stuff like that, the projection of guilt on oneself, interpreting it as being a judgement on the neighbours rather than being an outward expression of power and solidarity.

There are loads of BLM signs around Headingley near where I live, doesn't seem to be hurting the property prices much.

mjwilson

Buelligan

Just saw this Peter Oborne vid on Bastani's twitter, fucking hell, knew nothing about it.  Astounding.

idunnosomename

is that off Screenwipe as the replies seem to think?

Buelligan

Dunno.  Wanted to find it because, if that's a sample, the full thing must be extremely interesting.  If anyone knows I'd be grateful for a pointer. Ta.

Kankurette

"I saw a Black Lives Matter sign in the window and that put me off buying that house," said no-one ever. JFC.

Buelligan

Is that even a real thing though, it seems so utterly deranged.

idunnosomename

occam's razor more likely there's a person in Cheam who writes weird letters like that than a black family made it up to get in the press

Buelligan

I didn't know the background, was that it?  The world never ceases to amaze.

Endicott

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2021, 09:38:01 AM
Dunno.  Wanted to find it because, if that's a sample, the full thing must be extremely interesting.  If anyone knows I'd be grateful for a pointer. Ta.

The clip Bastani used is from ep 6, but Oborne also has a segment in ep 2.

As I recall this first series was very good.

Newswipe with Charlie Brooker - Season 1 Episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6T9wg5-2u0

Newswipe with Charlie Brooker - Season 1 Episode 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvqiiAqGZPw

Buelligan

Gosh, thanks.  I will watch it with great interest.

kngen

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 14, 2021, 07:37:34 AM
I know he's had no credibility for years, but I never thought George Galloway would stoop to government snitching (as if Downing Street weren't fully aware of what was going on). Does he just really fancy Priti Patel?

Fucking hell, the man was not without his many, many flaws when he was the self-appointed, self-promoting white saviour of the minorities, but between palling around with Steve Bannon and this, he's really gone full Quisling cunt. An indefatigable one at that.

Buelligan

Yeah, there've been times I thought the man had a point, he's taught me to be very careful who I trust.  Finding it hard to believe he meant it the way it sounds.  Can he really have meant it the way it sounds?  Fucking hell.

Kankurette

Galloway is the same guy who's accused an Asian man of not being a true Celt. And he's gone full Unionist now as well, the fucking snake.

SpiderChrist

I think the use of the word "unlawfully" is the clincher. "Rebellion" and "openly defied" aren't necessarily pejoratives, but adding the u word changes the whole tone.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 15, 2021, 09:54:51 PM
Galloway is the same guy who's accused an Asian man of not being a true Celt. And he's gone full Unionist now as well, the fucking snake.

The idea that anyone is a 'true Celt' is laughable really.

Galloway is such an odd politician though.

mjwilson

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 16, 2021, 10:10:12 AM
I think the use of the word "unlawfully" is the clincher. "Rebellion" and "openly defied" aren't necessarily pejoratives, but adding the u word changes the whole tone.

Although if you just put "Fuck yeah!" on the end, it improves dramatically.

Buelligan

But as yourself when is that untrue?  Never[nb]Fuck YEAH![/nb].

canadagoose

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
The idea that anyone is a 'true Celt' is laughable really.

Galloway is such an odd politician though.
He's such a cunt, I'd say. Complete snake.

Kankurette

How does he square being pro-Palestine with hanging around Unionists? Don't they tend to be pro-Israel?