Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

F.R.I.E.N.D.S reunion

Started by bgmnts, May 14, 2021, 10:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 14, 2021, 06:34:51 PM
You know it's being rebooted for CBS right?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's actually just a group interview.

paruses

I hope it goes as well as the Inbetweeners reunion.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on May 14, 2021, 07:24:59 PM

Oh thank god!

mothman

Could they BE misrepresenting this any more?

Tokyo van Ramming

One of the owners of the company I work for (not media related in any way, we licensed((? pancreas pls help)) the brand for our cheap crap) is also going to be in this, presumably just for paying money. Make of that what you will.

Also I understand it won't be a classic Friends jape-o-rama, more along the lines of a sit-down chinwag interview thing, sorry to burst your bubbles.

Captain Z

Quote from: imitationleather on May 14, 2021, 07:24:59 PM

It's actually a twenty-four part series of group interviews.

mothman

Quote from: Captain Z on May 14, 2021, 08:52:25 PM
It's actually a twenty-four part series of group interviews.

Matthew Perry really only gets going in part three of his interview.

dissolute ocelot

I feel in most groups of 6 actors 20 years after the fact, at least one would be dead or cancelled. So which one is it?

Malala being there isn't any weirder than Nelson Mandela meeting the Spice Girls or Michelle Obama on the Simpsons or Princess Margaret on the Archers or Tony Blair on The Simpsons, or indeed Sarah Ferguson on Friends.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 15, 2021, 04:11:13 PM
I feel in most groups of 6 actors 20 years after the fact, at least one would be dead or cancelled. So which one is it?

Think Matthew Perry's had a good go at being the dead one with booze and drugs but he's alright now.

up_the_hampipe

I thought the Fresh Prince reunion on HBO MAX was quite good, so I hope this will be also. As long as they talk about the things people want to know about, like the drugs, the sex, the murder.

Gulftastic

Just seen the trailer. Corden appears to be hosting the thing. That's me not watching.

frajer

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 19, 2021, 07:46:01 PM
Just seen the trailer. Corden appears to be hosting the thing. That's me not watching.

Soft launch of a spin-off, just called E.N.E.M.Y.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I bet Corden takes his shirt off at some point.

jobotic

Quote from: icehaven on May 15, 2021, 04:58:10 PM
Think Matthew Perry's had a good go at being the dead one with booze and drugs but he's alright now.

The one with the dead one

Captain Z

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 19, 2021, 07:46:01 PM

And here to perform the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme tune, it's Gary Barlow featuring me!

Indomitable Spirit

Fucking crikey they all look like absolute SHIT.

BritishHobo

I think this and the Inbetweeners reunion are quite interesting for showing how a lot of fans digest information about the things they love. Absolute obsessives about a certain show, but they hear there'll be a reunion and that's it, don't tell me anymore, don't want to hear EVEN A SINGLE SHRED OF INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT THIS IS. Don't even SPEAK TO ME about the major reunion for my favourite show, which I've been waiting almost two decades for.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on May 19, 2021, 09:05:32 PM
Fucking crikey they all look like absolute SHIT.

They're getting old.

I'll be there for you
When the grave starts to call

An tSaoi

I wonder what new character Corden will be playing in this brand new revival episode. I'm interested to see him acting again as a character in a scripted sitcom. It'll be a nice change from his normal job doing celebrity interviews.

frajer

Ross you got a new monkey!

Yeah his name's Corden and he's a real piece of shit!

An tSaoi

BritishHobo

I watched the trailer and I think it looks quite a good event for fans. Unlike the Inbetweeners reunion which felt quite cold and empty, they look to have put together something with a lot of warmth and potential for emotion and insight, with the set visit, the quiz, the table-reads, the roundtable conversations. Much more of the stars themselves getting to talk and reminisce.

An tSaoi

What? You mean it's not a proper episode? What a swizz!

Chollis

oh of fucking course it's Corden

Bernice

To get their daughter into a prestigious middle school, Chandler pimps out Monica to the unscrupulous principal. Ross and Rachel get lost in the IKEA where Phoebe works and have to stay the night. Joey goes on a date with Malala, but gets upset when he finds out she is vegetarian.

DrGreggles

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 19, 2021, 09:12:29 PM
I wonder what new character Corden will be playing in this brand new revival episode.

Cunther

mothman

Matt LeFuck? Did Corden only agree to do it if he was guaranteed not to be the fattest one there?

Golden E. Pump

madhair60

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 19, 2021, 09:15:42 PM
Fatt LeBlanc

Fatthew Perry
Lisa Foodrow
Portely Cox
David Schwimming in cholesterol
Jennifer Gaviscon

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Captain Z on May 19, 2021, 08:44:21 PM
And here to perform the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme tune, it's Gary Barlow featuring me!
It's definitely going to feature the full extended theme song in a 6 minute singalong with way too many claps.

They should make Jennifer Aniston hold a fully laden tray for the whole hour.