Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tuesday, Have A Spinal Tap

Started by Dr Rock, May 14, 2021, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Not sure how this is going to help the nerve damage in my foot, but I'm sure they know what they're doing*. Anyone else had one? I looked it up and it says they're not as painful as you might think. They never say anything hurts like fuck though.

*I don't think this really

Paul Calf

I think it sounds worse than it is. You'll get some great drugs though :)

bgmnts

I am currently talking to someone who gets fluid in her brain or something and she dreads the lumbar puncture more than anything.

I thought it was better than what I imagined in my head because surely you get pumped full of drugs but perhaps not.

Paul Calf

You might get post-op headaches because of the vasoconstriction. Coffee or tea should help with it.

buttgammon

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 14, 2021, 01:13:33 PM
You might get post-op headaches because of the vasoconstriction. Coffee or tea should help with it.

Yeah, Mrs G had one a few years ago and they told her caffeine would help (and it did).

idunnosomename

Tony Tony Tony

As long as you don't play the drums you should be ok.

You don't want to spontaneously combust or choke on vomit especially some one else's.

Buelligan

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 14, 2021, 01:09:25 PM
Not sure how this is going to help the nerve damage in my foot, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

No one knows who they were or what they were doing.  Enjoy the big drugs.

Cuellar

Ask them to turn the Drugs up to 11!!! :D :D

idunnosomename

Should've changed the " to a '

Dr Rock

I don't think there are any drugs involved, except anaesthetic. Later you can take paracetamol, etc.

steve98

I had a ST a few years ago and didn't feel any pain at all (Though I think that's unusual. (There was a nurse present who I think was there to sooth and reassure and say "there there,  soon be over... you're very brave") )

... it is a fucking big, somewhat disconcerting needle though.

Glebe

Barry Admin

Good luck man, let us know how it goes.

Dr Rock

Thanks. But I was supposed to get a doorstep Covid test yesterday or today, and they haven't turned up, so without that I can't see how the spine's going to get tapped tuesday. Sorry for the fake news (unless they turn up in the next 20 minutes).

Mr_Simnock

The things folk make up for 10 seconds of attention

Jockice

I had a lumbar puncture in my late 20s. Amazingly the hospital let me out to go to a friend's birthday party the night before although I was warned not to drink. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't because I had a headache every time I moved for about a week afterwards. All part of the fun though. Good luck Dr Rock.

PS, I once had an MRI scan with a hangover. I genuinely thought I was going to die during it. And the way I felt I wouldn't have minded at all.