Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gasoline fuckdown

Started by Dex Sawash, May 14, 2021, 02:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Can't get no fuel because of Sleepy Joe. Been pumping old dead fuel out of junk cars out the back.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 13, 2021, 11:27:30 PM
Is there a thread about the US petrol shortage? I just looked for info about it and it started with a ransomware attack against an oil pipeline, and apparently they blackmailed $5m in crypto out of the cunts. It's hard not to think "fair play to you," even if the attack did cause havoc across the US. Fuck any company that makes money directly out of greenhouse gas emissions. Blackmailing them is morally-neutral at worst. imo. Good enough way to earn $5m. I hope that cyberattacks continue against rich polluting industries.

Perhaps hypocritical if you asserted that I am trying to make money out of the unnecessarily-polluting crypto, but I'm not, really. I don't hodl but I get a slight thrill out of seeing whatever I've put in crypto move up and down a little. Also you might point out that I own a car and use electricity.

JaDanketies

jfc do I really sound like that

shiftwork2

Petrol shortages remind me of the man who stored two full-to-the-brim wheelie bins of it in his living room.  Fucking excellent.  I find guys like that completely inspiring.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotetwo full-to-the-brim wheelie bins of it in his living room

#dogshitideas

shiftwork2

Shoulders would of been happier with three.

Blumf

Remember:

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1392482092823502849
QuoteUS Consumer Product Safety Commission @USCPSC
Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline.

There's a rather cool video of a bottle of petrol being poured onto an open flame in that link.

shiftwork2

Ok well maybe the moral is never revisit your favourite assclown news stories but it's here and was actually three unspecified 'containers' but the petrol did eat through the bottom of a 'plastic dustbin' and leak everywhere, which is excellent.

QuoteDerby City Council estimate the cost of the operation and the resulting clean-up could cost more than £130,000.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 14, 2021, 02:41:45 PM
Can't get no fuel because of Sleepy Joe. Been pumping old dead fuel out of junk cars out the back.
If it's any consolation I'm sure a seal team or two has already been dispatched to hunt down the perpetrators and give them a right good bin ladening.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 14, 2021, 03:21:42 PM
Ok well maybe the moral is never revisit your favourite assclown news stories but it's here and was actually three unspecified 'containers' but the petrol did eat through the bottom of a 'plastic dustbin' and leak everywhere, which is excellent.

This has really cheered me up, and is a terrific tip for anyone wishing to stick it to their local council (and all for the low low cost of wheelie bins + petrol).

steve98

All jokin' aside - never store huge amounts of petrol in recycling bins, in your living room.

Cardboard - Yes
Plastic - Yes
Assorted tins - Yes
Hot ashes - No
Petrol - No.

JamesTC

Feel like proper shit, just want to store hot ashes in my living room.

steve98

"If it's a yellowish, slightly viscous liquid with a smell of petrol, it may well be petrol.  So, DON'T bin it," warn the binmen of Newcastle.

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on May 14, 2021, 05:55:03 PM
"If it's a yellowish, slightly viscous liquid with a smell of petrol, it may well be petrol.  So, DON'T bin it," warn the binmen of Newcastle.

Waye aye - divvun't forget oor helpful ditty: if there's pe'rol in the can, divvun't bin it, man.

Dex Sawash

90% of stations here are out, all down to hoarding. The local tank farms were never out. I got fuel at 430 this morning (RIP 4AM thread). I only put gas in my fuel tank, no styrofoam cups.

Pinball

US petrol still 54% cheaper than the UK though!

idunnosomename

I liked it this time last year when petrol went down to 100 but now it's back up at like 120 everywhere. Terrible

Paul Calf

Yep. that's about $7.70 per gallon. The US is fatally addicted to cheap oil.

imitationleather

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 14, 2021, 03:21:42 PM

I dunno what it is, but something about that image really freaks me out and makes me feel deep despair.

idunnosomename

american judges dont wear wigs and british judges never used gavels

Jittlebags

Didn't some Tory big-wig suggest keeping stockpiles of petrol in the garage, or hallway during some fuel crisis 5-10 year ago? David (Dickie) Davies maybe ?

Harry Badger

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 16, 2021, 10:47:21 PM
Didn't some Tory big-wig suggest keeping stockpiles of petrol in the garage, or hallway during some fuel crisis 5-10 year ago? David (Dickie) Davies maybe ?

Francis Maude, from memory. He suggested people keep jerry cans of petrol in their garage and got slapped down mighty quick.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Harry Badger on May 19, 2021, 10:33:00 PM
jerry cans

And we wonder why more Germans don't post here.

I looked it up and they were developed by German but I guess Jerry doesn't consider it a slur[nb]or they are all too busy underneath glass coffee tables[/nb]

buzby

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 19, 2021, 11:06:45 PM
And we wonder why more Germans don't post here.
The name came from British troops in the North Africa campaign in WWII, who were less than impressed with their own tinplate petrol containers (which were nicknamed 'Flimsies') and so captured examples of the more robust German ones were highly prized, and eventually the design was copied.

Attila

Quote from: buzby on May 20, 2021, 01:45:11 PM
The name came from British troops in the North Africa campaign in WWII, who were less than impressed with their own tinplate petrol containers (which were nicknamed 'Flimsies') and so captured examples of the more robust German ones were highly prized, and eventually the design was copied.

Deffo caught on with the Americans stationed there, too. I have my father's diary from when he was in the USN during WWII, and throughout he refers to the Germans as Jerry. (He was stationed in North Africa, then Naples and then Marseilles, and spent a lot of time with British navy personnel cos of prep for Operation Dragoon.)