Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

❤️ Thank you ❤️

Started by Barry Admin, May 15, 2021, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying CaB, I had to take a break and hide away cause Covid did my head in, but have always kept an eye on here.

It's amazing that this little forum is still so active in 2021, given the site started in 1999.  And it's still slowly growing, just through word of mouth or whatever. I will do my best to get back to work on it and make CaB a better place for you all to spend time on. I owe you that.

We do about  7000 new threads a year now, and around 360,000 posts. Last year was a big record for page views, 89,214,465. That's insane. 

So thank you for continuing to propel this little experiment of mine forward. 22 years of running this means it's a big part of my life, and I love to log on and see how many posts have been made in the recent posts part of the front page. Folks just chatting away on an old-skool text-heavy messageboard. Thoughtful, intelligent discussions all over the place, I love it.

The site feels really busy and positive, Comedy Chat is thriving, and I'll look for ways to make it all better again 

So, again, thank you for all the support and posts, it means a lot time that people log on here so often and enjoy their time on CaB.

imitationleather

Ferris

You're welcome.

Edit: mines funnier than imi's pale imitation. All in the delivery.

Captain Z

Allow me to be the first to say you're welcome.

idunnosomename

is it worth saying here in case you don't know the site got a name-drop in the latest Inside No. 9 episode. big props bazza

edit: have you thought of changing the N in "You're welcome" to a B

Butchers Blind

Yeah, this is great place... I mean its not Mumsnet, but what is.

Captain Z

Clap for CAB: Next Monday at 9:30pm on the anniversary of the Inside No. 9 mention.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

JaDanketies

Thanks for the forum Barry, don't add me to your ignore list tyvm

Goldentony

only worthwhile internet, is right Barry the lads and fuck the plod

H-O-W-L

NoSleep

Kelvin

Would have all panned out very differently if you'd chosen fluorescent yellow as the colour.

Paul Calf

Thanks for this place.

It's a testament to its strength that it's still going. It's one of three message boards that I've contributed to long-term. One of them died in the mid-2000s and the other is now languishing with about four posts a week. Facebook has been detrimental to the bulletin board but CaB is strong. We shall prevail.

As well as being a top place to talk about comedy with some prodigiously witty contributors, its also been a gathering place for people who feel marginalised by the cultures of the wider internet and has actually saved lives on a couple of occasions.

I will make it to a meet one day.

BlodwynPig

A testament to you're welcome

ZoyzaSorris

Can someone tell me what this is about,  it seems the original poster is on my block list

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on May 15, 2021, 08:14:06 AM
Can someone tell me what this is about,  it seems the original poster is on my block list

Barry putting certain posters on a final warning ⚠️

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

ZoyzaSorris

Yeah Barry adders you've done something amazing here, what an achievement. One of the last islands left in a drowned world.

wooders1978

Thanks bazza for keeping the place running

buttgammon

I'm constantly amazed and delighted at how there is still a message board that's in such good health, especially which gives me so much pleasure every day. This is a testament to the big man, who's been doing a sterling job for so many years.

petercussing

Yeah, thanks to you, buddy.

SpiderChrist

Barry Admin for President. Of the world.

Can only echo what others have said. I honestly think I might have lost the plot completely over the past year without this place.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

phes

It is mad to think that when I found cab, mainstream social media didn't exist. Even MySpace hadn't happened. I don't have any other accounts now and cab is bigger and better than ever and big thanks to Legend Bazza

to paraphrase Gervais, it has done well for 'ten loners sitting in dark rooms agreeing with each other'

greencalx

Buelligan

Thank you BarryNoah, pretty prescient shit, building this life raft so long before the great isolation.  It is the only place I go on the net, contains the only people (apart from my brother and the old man that drives me to the shop) that I've spoken to in six months. 

Not saying I couldn't survive without you all, of course I fucking could, but you, all of you, make my life interesting and funny and sometimes, beautiful, and that's what living is about, I believe.  The single best resource I have, you are, you cunts, you're welcome and I am grateful.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on May 15, 2021, 08:36:57 AM
Yeah Barry adders you've done something amazing here, what an achievement. One of the last islands left in a drowned world.

This morning I found out one of the funny people here has written a book and I was delighted, knowing already it will be good and well worth paying cold remorseless cash for. I will mug money into his fat arse if he tries to resist, too.

Just one of the ways CaB is both an outlet for misery, boredom and ennui and an engine room for catharsis, joy and learning. Long love Cookdandbombd and hail to the chief.

hamfist

Love this place.

IRL I don't really have any friends (fucking boo hoo), so this place - plus the podcasts I enjoy - are my parasocial social life. Somewhere for me to go.