Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:09:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

❤️ Thank you ❤️

Started by Barry Admin, May 15, 2021, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

The little grovelling bastard.

DrGreggles

This place is my favourite internet.

earl_sleek

Blumf

We all know that it can be an arse ache dealing with some of the drama in this place, so it's great to see Barry still getting joy out of it all.

Bernice

No no no, thank you. Been hovering round this place for about 9 years I reckon. Ever since I stumbled across an interview you did with Charlie Brooker, Neil.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me what I've done to make the homepage different? It no longer says "Welcome Bernice", with the options to read unread and new posts etc.

flotemysost

As others have said, this place has most definitely helped keep me sane over the past year. The DEAD SOON subforum has massively helped me to process things through the filter of you lot's uniquely smart, irreverent, eloquent and ultimately humane perspective, but there are other subforums which I rarely post in (especially Oscillations) but am endlessly grateful for the fascinating richness and breadth of inspiration and happiness they bring me. Thank you so much, Barry and everyone. x

Butchers Blind

Would also like to thank Ron and Hans.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 15, 2021, 09:14:32 AM
Can only echo what others have said. I honestly think I might have lost the plot completely over the past year without this place.

Same here. Dunno what I'd do without this place, it's a daily source of comfort and joy. More power to your elbow, Baz.

Zetetic

Just another thank you, Barry, and looking forward to how Pandemic '22 works out for this place.

Dex Sawash

Found CaB when it was a top 10 internet source for information about the theme tune from An Idiot Abroad. Then the w broke on my keyboard and I'm stuck here.

non capisco

This place has undoubtedly enriched my life in ways too numerous to wrap my head round, let alone attempt to list, so a massive thanks to you, Bazza.

BlodwynPig

I bet you're loving this on the Inside No. 9 podcast aren't you

canadagoose

No, thank you! I've definitely enjoyed being here. It's got a certain something about it. I mean, the writers of Inside No. 9 can't be wrong.

Barry is, and I mean this quite literally, an angel for creating this place. He also has god-like moderation skills for keeping it going so long when many other forums have fallen.

Small Man Big Horse

I can't thank Barry enough either, for this, the Chuckle Brothers, and all of his good work for charity.

bgmnts

Yeah no joke this is the biggest collection of legitimately funny and intelligent and kind people on the internet and its a pleasure to read every day.

Retinend

pancreas

Instead of clapping on your doorstep, Barry, what about a 15% pay rise?

Pink Gregory

Chedney Honks

The best there ever was, and the ignore function has given the place a new lease of life.

I'm mostly a lurker, and still haven't figured out how to have an avatar, but I fucking love this place. Cheers Bazza.

Old Thrashbarg

I don't think it should be understated how much your approach to moderation, Barry, has helped the site continue to thrive. Allowing people to discuss and resolve (or learn to accept/ignore) differences of opinion like actual people, instead of immediately looking to censor or ban like so many other long-dead message boards, has created a much healthier atmosphere than anywhere else online I can think of.

Lungpuddle

Can't help but feel the increase of my posts is not a coincidence. Thanks!

EDIT - Wrong thread, meant the 'Oh, he's turned on ignores' thread.

This place is amazing. Thanks Barry.

chveik

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 15, 2021, 01:24:30 AM
Yeah, this is great place... I mean its not Mumsnet Steve Hoffman, but what is.

The Mollusk

Been piss-arsing about on here for a decade and half now. The social media that's crept into my life since that time has always felt at least somewhat - if not entirely - invasive, exclusive, frantic, overbearing and unpleasant. I can't deny I've had spells where I've needed to take a bit of time away from this place but the general vibe of feeling welcomed, appreciated and accepted is something that has never changed. This isn't just a place where people get together because they've nowhere else to be, it's a place where people choose to be, and I think that brings out the best in those who contribute here. It's not fraught or trying to fit into any particular algorithm or other social parameter, it just is what it is, perfectly measured and a real pleasure to return to obsessively several times a day. It's a labour of love not just from Barry but from everyone else here as well. I've made friends on here I'll probably be in contact with for the rest of my life, and I've discovered some of the best music I'll ever hear and laughed harder than I've ever laughed at any other home-made content I've found anywhere else. It's great, I love it, nice one.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Potatoes on May 15, 2021, 12:15:05 PM
I'm mostly a lurker, and still haven't figured out how to have an avatar, but I fucking love this place. Cheers Bazza.

studpuppet

Heart emojis - is that it? Where's my fucking present?!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2021, 01:40:15 PM

Cheers, Blods - done! I hope you can all agree it was worth the wait for my imaginative choice of image.