Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Two-tier Society

Started by Chedney Honks, May 16, 2021, 07:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Like so much of society isn't already colossally divided by gender, race, wealth and any number of systemic prejudices. But no, here's where we draw the line because some anti-vax goblin wants to go ham without regard.

Just like the disingenuous concerns about mental health, this two-tier bleating seems like more gaslighting shit.

Of course I have sympathy for people who can't be vaccinated for whatever medical reason but their circumstances are being misused and co-opted by those who would remove all disability benefits if it saved them a penny over the course of their lifetime.

As far as I'm concerned, there should be vaccine passports.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm against the idea for most scenarios except international travel and live music/crowded events where I can see it would be useful.

In Czechia currently you need a negative test or a vaccine certificate just to sit outside in a pub, quite a turnaround from the prevarication of autumn and winter. But I think it is bollocks to expect that level of disclosure in order to do everyday things. Open or close the industry, don't turn it into a have/have not thing, especially in a carrot and stick way.

Zetetic

Pretty sure they're an idiotic distraction that will entrench the usual existing inequalities in all sorts of ways for very little benefit, which near-guarantees that the Westminster administration will back them whole-heartedly, so enjoy I guess.

Chedney Honks

Cheers. Looking forward to going the pictures without young people on their phones defo.

mothman

First they came for the young people on their phones, and I said nothing, because...

Chedney Honks

This one is more inspired by a specific conversation with a fucking idiot. Generally, I don't like the idea of a two-tier society.