Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soulseek (ignore, nothing to see here)

Started by TOCMFIC, February 29, 2004, 08:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

mr rou-rou

if I can just use this thread a mo

have you tried the latest soulseek client? 154

isn't it good,

you know what I like,

I like to search the CAB soulseek room for files, I use keywords like 'gay' 'cum' 'anal' 'teen' 'robbie williams' - just my way of seeing what shameful files people who frequent the room are sharing.

also, in your userlist you can add a 'note' on a user, so when you hover over them it will pop up your note, useful for remembering who was sharing a cluster of albums you want etc.

Silver SurferGhost

I am deleting my Robbie Williams Anal Teen Gay Bondage Donkey Cum Sex files as I type

I'm hanging on to my big jugs files though

butnut

Can I just steal this thread to point out how tricky it is to get soulseek on a mac. Here's what you need:

QuoteIn order to install nicotine on Mac OS X (Panther and Jaguar), you need the  following basics:

a computer with Mac OS X 10.2 or 10.3 installed

a fast internet connection (don't even try this over modem!!)

knowledge how to intall programs on your Macintosh (easy - just follow the  steps below)

knowledge how to cut & paste commands into the Terminal (easy - just follow  the steps below)

>>4 hours time where you can let your computer compile and install  everything (chapter 4)

between 30min and 1hour to get everything ready for this big compilation job  (chapter 3)

Fuck that. And you have to download 100s of MB of stuff. There's going to have to be something pretttttttyyyyyy (think Larry David here) special for me to install this bastard.

Here's a website for a any mac sadists out there:

http://www.captnswing.net/howto/nicotine/

If anyone knows of an easier  way, do drop me a line.

fanny splendid

Have you heard of mlmac? This is meant to browse the soulseek network, it's not great though (when it does work).

Virtual PC and soulseek work well together. Without buying a PC, this is your best bet.

I tried the way you mentioned, but got bored half way through, and gave up.

Edit: You can get a pentium 200mhz pc for virtually nothing in your local newspaper, and this is all you need for soulseek. I also use 'streamdown' on mine for recording streamed videos to disk (thanks for the peaches video, rou-rou.

butnut

Cheers Fanny. I looked at Mimac a while ago. Didn't know it was meant to browse soulseek. I never managed to get anything off it though.

One day when I'm really bored, I might try the full on soulseek install.

fEDORA

All Mac p2p fans should try Aquisition. It really is very good and "fits' in nicely with the colour scheme.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "fEDORA"All Mac p2p fans should try Aquisition. It really is very good and "fits' in nicely with the colour scheme.

I used to use that, and although at the time I thought it was okay, really the best way to describe it was, the best of a poor bunch.

The bit torrent network is the only file sharing system that I find comes close to the old days of hotline, and to a lesser extent, carracho.

Mac torrent site.