Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone remember a disturbing moment on "Buzzcocks"

Started by willbo, May 16, 2021, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauline Walnuts

Talking about disturbing moments on "Buzzcocks"

https://youtu.be/XgbELIo32xM?t=164

Yes, they is Ian Watkins. He doesn't wear a wig though. As far as I know.

Icehaven

Didn't Preston once say something about how great it was that kids at school who'd teased him for being a skinny nerd would see that he'd "married a bimbo." He then tried to explain that by bimbo he just meant the kind of blonde, model type that wouldn't have looked at him when he was a teenager or if he wasn't a semi-famous musician. But still, good to see money and fame weren't his only motivations for the marriage, having a revenge trophy wife was too.

Leej88

What about his fiance who he dumped so he could get with Chantelle,Bet she was not happy.

H-O-W-L

mmreeeurm did you know that euermm... god's not real?? mreheuehehuhm... and hugh laurie, my good chum, my chum, my good CHUM, did you know i'm very posh... is... also not real?? mreueghmhuehmehm!!! alan!!! you're [soft voice] delightful!!! klaxon, please!!!

Kankurette

H-O-W-L, I am never going to look at Fry now without mentally substituting everything he says for 'mmreuuuurm'. Like when the teacher in Peanuts goes 'wah wah wah wah'.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Kankurette on June 15, 2021, 03:39:21 PM
H-O-W-L, I am never going to look at Fry now without mentally substituting everything he says for 'mmreuuuurm'. Like when the teacher in Peanuts goes 'wah wah wah wah'.

When you notice that he does it you can't get it out of your head, right?

EggsLikeABird

Sorry to bump an old thread, but reading PIL bassist Jah Wobble's book and he talks about Buzzcocks in it. Apparently they were all round having a rehersal and Sean Hughes said something and Wobble decked him in front of Jo Brand. I'm amazed this never happened more. With Lamarr being the subject of the fist.

somersetchris

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on November 13, 2021, 12:28:10 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but reading PIL bassist Jah Wobble's book and he talks about Buzzcocks in it. Apparently they were all round having a rehersal and Sean Hughes said something and Wobble decked him in front of Jo Brand. I'm amazed this never happened more. With Lamarr being the subject of the fist.

I mean.... Jah Wobble doesn't come out great from that story. Didn't he get into a lot of altercations while in PIL?

Twonty Gostelow

I remember from the book there was a coda to the story where some weeks later Hughes suddenly made himself scarce after spotting Wobble walking towards him on the street.
I can well imagine Hughes needling him before the show and thinking himself funny, but a slap to the face was definitely ahtufawdur.
The weird thing is, as shit-scared as Hughes probably was, and as appalled as Jo Brand apparently was, none of that seemed to show in the broadcast episode.