Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What would you do if you had absolutely fuck all to do

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, May 17, 2021, 09:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Perhaps you are these people already.

Scenario, quickly: No bills, no The Man. No luxury exactly but you get a choice, free will, no judgement past the existing laws. Your basic needs are met, along with bursaries to support your interests.

Oh don't bother I know the first 16 replies will be sleep with children.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Travel.

Write.

Pick drawing back up again.

Adopt more dogs.

shiftwork2

Find a secluded place with my stack of books and get stuck in.

Corpoproc

nothing at all, g. become a living golden statue that you'd see on the street

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 17, 2021, 09:18:13 PM
Travel.

Write.

Pick drawing back up again.

Adopt more dogs.

Thora Hird lived that life in her dotage

BlodwynPig

bgmnts

Lie in bed and do fuck all and wait to die.

Maybe write my memoirs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

kittens

this was essentially my 6 months of furlough last year, and i used that time to get pissed and watch movies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kittens on May 17, 2021, 09:36:21 PM
this was essentially my 6 months of furlough last year, and i used that time to get pissed and watch movies.

Using the knowledge not known to us can you recommend best pissed and movie?

kittens

Goldentony

fucking go round exterminating little tithead bastard fuckers who fucked with me one too many times using martial art sportsscience

Catalogue of ills

I have a friend like this, essentially he was able to retire early on the proceeds of a business that he sold which gives him just about enough to live on. He smokes weed, walks the dog, reads a lot of books, watches a lot of documentaries, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons, walks the dog, plays a lot of games (before Covid we would meet up regularly for board / role playing games, but now he just plays computer games - I can see from Steam he plays a lot of Rimworld), and walks the dog.

I should point out that he's not some venture capitalist shitebag, he got lucky in that he was one of the first lot of people to understand computers and managed to build a living out of that.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on May 17, 2021, 09:45:51 PM
I have a friend like this, essentially he was able to retire early on the proceeds of a business that he sold which gives him just about enough to live on. He smokes weed, walks the dog, reads a lot of books, watches a lot of documentaries, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons, walks the dog, plays a lot of games (before Covid we would meet up regularly for board / role playing games, but now he just plays computer games - I can see from Steam he plays a lot of Rimworld), and walks the dog.

Interestingly, this sounds as dull as fuck.  Didn't expect that.  Despite the ball ache and poor sleep if I was to lose the stimulation and satisfactions of career it appears I would need to be rich to compensate for it.

canadagoose

Yeah, I'd travel, stay in hotels all the time, and just generally muck about.

shiftwork2

Quote from: canadagoose on May 17, 2021, 10:13:08 PM
Yeah, I'd travel, stay in hotels all the time, and just generally muck about.

I think the OP scenario was that you'd be able to live a modest responsibility-free life rather than swan about in perpetuity.  I would be well up for the latter.

imitationleather

Whenever I needed a poo I'd just go on the floor.

DrGreggles

Based on the last year or so, I'd edit bits of pop songs together.

ProvanFan

Replies From View

What about arthritis and stuff.  Do I get to keep all this degrading body shit at bay?

Goldentony

first image I thought of as a serious answer is a bedsit flat in Camber surrounded by cider instead of a decent semi detached in Camber surrounded by cider

Goldentony

remember being driven outof camber once and tinking "fuck all here" in someone elses voice, definitely go there I think for a while

Goldentony

by driven I dont mean chased out like the wolfman or the mummy some godless thing

The Culture Bunker

Count me as another of those "quite happy doing very little" types. Give me an internet connection and enough cash for a few pints on a weekend, a few Playstation games and a couple of short European city breaks a year, I'll toddle along happily for the rest of my allocated days.

Dex Sawash

Post things other people just posted so they might think they were on my ignore list.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 17, 2021, 10:18:15 PM
I think the OP scenario was that you'd be able to live a modest responsibility-free life rather than swan about in perpetuity.  I would be well up for the latter.

Yes I suppose it is 'what would you do on full Universal Basic Income in a system that also gave you grants to follow ur dreamz'

PlanktonSideburns

Daxophone

Build sauna

Read more

Play more music

Spend more time with wife

Farming

Osteopath

Goldentony

very simple man me, endless lazy susan of mens naked oily arses to insert my head into, absinthe grotto and cocaine hose that has a cock adaptor

Goldentony

on one hand give loads to charity, on the other, buy plastic explosives and make sex masks out of them for lads you just hit with a mallet while you wank on them