Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,398
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Neil's podcasts

Started by Magnum Valentino, May 18, 2021, 12:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Anyone have these? Just learned by accident that our gracious host used to run a podcast, but the comedychats domain has lapsed so the links don't go anywhere.

Famous Mortimer

Not exactly what you're after, but I have one of Neil's CaB radio shows from 2013 which was also a wake for our sadly departed rudi, and would be happy to share it if no-one objects.

Kelvin

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 18, 2021, 04:52:27 AM
Not exactly what you're after, but I have one of Neil's CaB radio shows from 2013 which was also a wake for our sadly departed rudi, and would be happy to share it if no-one objects.

Not convinced that's the best introduction to those (wonderful) shows, as it's obviously following a very upsetting event and not reflective of Neil's shows in general.

Retinend

I would also appreciate an archive of these. Neil managed to get both Armando Iannucci and Charlie Brooker on to chat, which is remarkable.

BeardFaceMan

I've got the first seven, and the chats with Brooker and Iannucci I can upload if Neil doesn't mind.

I have them all! My iTunes saved them, fortunately.

I also have a bunch of stuff from the old archive (though sadly not all). I'd be happy to make it all available somewhere. It's just a question of where and how.

If anyone has more of the old broadcasts, I'd love to do an exchange.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Retinend on May 18, 2021, 10:33:04 AM
I would also appreciate an archive of these. Neil managed to get both Armando Iannucci and Charlie Brooker on to chat, which is remarkable.

These are precisely what I wanted to hear yeah.

bakabaka

Quote from: Kelvin on May 18, 2021, 10:07:15 AM
Not convinced that's the best introduction to those (wonderful) shows, as it's obviously following a very upsetting event and not reflective of Neil's shows in general.
I have quite a few of these still[nb]along with Kelvin's and many, many others[/nb], but the CaB Radio format was very different from the podcast format so I'm not sure that's what the OP is after. More general chat, phone calls, music and (not that often with Neil's shows) interaction with the chatroom at the time.

Sadly the CaB Radio archive died a year or so ago, but if anyone wants any of them I can upload them[nb]but probably not all 85Gb[/nb].

I can upload all the podcasts. What's the best site to use?

Quote from: bakabaka on May 18, 2021, 12:59:20 PM
[nb]but probably not all 85Gb[/nb].

Honestly I'd probably want all of it but I'll take what you're willing to post.

Ferris

I'm also interested, would love a link as long as it's ok with the boss.

Thursday

Think a potential issue here isn't just with Neil, as there's guests on some of these that have gone onto other things that might not want their 10 year old jokes and opinions floating around the internet.

madhair60

I'm on the Rudi wake one and if I'm completely honest I'd rather it wasn't posted. Not as a straight up link in the thread anyway.

Would it be rude to ask why, madhair?
Are you shy? I'm shy. Or is it more that you might have been a bit relaxed and among friends? Everyone still gets the benefit of the doubt on here, whereas on the rest of the net, people might be foaming at the mouth to deliberately jump to the worst possible conclusions if you made a joke or said something ironically? Or is it just a bit depressing?

I'd definitely like to hear some of the old podcasts. I remember hearing one of them, with Armando, I think, and it was V good.
Neil came across as a total sweety-pie!

Quote from: Thursday on May 19, 2021, 09:23:53 AM
Think a potential issue here isn't just with Neil, as there's guests on some of these that have gone onto other things that might not want their 10 year old jokes and opinions floating around the internet.

That's a good point.

Kelvin

I don't mind ones I'm on being shared*, although I can't remember how often I appeared on the podcast, as I was just generally always chatting with Neil about comedy on his show.

I do have several of my own shows where I discussed comedy with people, like Sirhenry, Apex, etc. There's one where a bunch of us discussed Nathan Barley and then did commentaries over several episodes, for example. Also ones about Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. I could potentially upload those episodes (or at least the topics discussing comedy) if people are interested.

I suppose it does raise the issue of whether we should be sharing stuff with people who we can't contact anymore though. I've got a (semi) regular podcast going up currently based on the comedy show I did with Crease back in the day, but any stuff that features other posters, I checked with them first. It's a bit of a grey area.

*Assuming Neil doesn't mind, either.

madhair60

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 19, 2021, 10:09:35 AMWould it be rude to ask why, madhair?

I don't remember what I said, the situation discussed is pretty raw and I would be more comfortable with it not out there. I'm not gonna flip my shit or anything if it does get posted, and it's not really up to me in the end, it's just what I'd prefer.

I'm happy to send the Comedy Chat podcasts to anyone who asks for them but I'll hold off on making them public.

Petey Pate

One of my fondest memories of Neil's CaB radio shows/podcasts was GoldenTony (I think) calling up pretending to be Robert Florence and defending Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights.  That and any time Apex contributed.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Petey Pate on May 19, 2021, 04:47:10 PM
One of my fondest memories of Neil's CaB radio shows/podcasts was GoldenTony (I think) calling up pretending to be Robert Florence and defending Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights.  That and any time Apex contributed.

I liked GoldenTony's Esteban Martinez bits with Neil. Did you ever listen to Apex's own shows? They were great, I liked the time he phoned Meryl Streep during a show, just utterly sureal moment.

Thursday

Lots of shows seemed to involve Goldentony calling up as a celebrity and doing the exact same voice every time that sounded nothing like them. It will never not be a funny bit.

non capisco

Haha, I'd love to hear some of these (again, in some cases. But I think I only caught a few. I certainly remember enthusing in the chatroom about the music that was playing only to find out my media player had switched itself to my own bloody iTunes, felt like a right haddock.)

bakabaka

Here is what used to be in the archive: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,36303.30.html

If there are any shows that people would like copies of, let me know and I'll see about uploading them somewhere.

Conversely, if anyone wants their show(s) to fade into the mists of time, just let me know and I'll blacklist them.