Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:08:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Too Many People On This Forum Have Plates Of Food As Their Avatars

Started by kittens, May 18, 2021, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

named and shamed:

NOODLE LIZARD

JANIE JONES

IDUNNOSOMENAME

please can at least two of you change your avatars to more visually distinct images. i am sick to death of reading a post and thinking 'this does not sound like this poster's usual style' and then having to look at their god damned username to clarify.

If this could be done by COP today

Thanks all

Paul Calf

Janie Jones

Fair point, well made. I struggle to link to avavtar images, every one I tried said it was 'too big or not an avatar,' so in the end I was just jabbing at random images until something from the Guardian food section stuck.

If you'd care to post a link here to something that is appropriate and that works as an avatar,  I'll happily change. No bullying, ta.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 18, 2021, 03:23:45 PM
If you'd care to post a link here to something that is appropriate and that works as an avatar,

Fambo Number Mive

Thinking of getting a picture of a plate of food as my avatar after reading the OP.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 18, 2021, 03:23:45 PM
Fair point, well made. I struggle to link to avavtar images, every one I tried said it was 'too big or not an avatar,' so in the end I was just jabbing at random images until something from the Guardian food section stuck.

If you'd care to post a link here to something that is appropriate and that works as an avatar,  I'll happily change. No bullying, ta.

El Unicornio, mang

Was going to change my avatar to that bloke eating the medium fry-up but this has shamed me into putting that idea to bed.

idunnosomename

to be fair i thought that pizza was bad too so how do you like this proverbial apple

very retro

kittens

Many thanks for the co-operation. amazing to see the difference one person can make in this world if they have the courage to make a stand.

Chedney Honks

All on the ignore list for precisely this reason but glad you had the balls (and obviously time on your hands) to say it, mate. Lots of love always.

Goldentony

the terrm plate of food needs to fuck off, its just food, only demented cunts say plate of

bgmnts

Quote from: Goldentony on May 18, 2021, 09:01:57 PM
the terrm plate of food needs to fuck off, its just food, only demented cunts say plate of

Does this apply to bowls too?

Goldentony

nah but you'd never say bowl of food you'd say bowl of plums, bowl of shallots, whatevers in there, not bowl of food, imagine someone asked you for a bowl of food??? ring scotland yard for that

pigamus

Catalogue Trousers

YOU WILL TAKE MY CHIPSTEAKS FROM ME WHEN YOU PRY THEM FROM MY COLD, DEAD FINGERS

(sold in packs of 2, in our frozen food bin)

Quote from: bgmnts on May 18, 2021, 09:15:36 PM
I'd like a mug of drink please.

There's a chinese takeaway in high pit that has listed on their menu

"can of drink ........... 50p"

That always cheers me up. I always ask people if they want a "can of drink" when they come over.

Food, whatever, it's the people with no avatars you've got to watch out for. What are they hiding?

I used to have a thing about animated avatars, they used to really pull my eyes when I was trying to read what people were saying, I used to have to adblock them, but, I must have gotten used to them now.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I was going to do the wacky thing of posting something like "I agree kittens!" after hilariously changing my avatar to a plate of food, however I've just remembered what a pain in the arse it is to upload stuff to imgur and get the direct url of the picture, so I will instead sincerely agree with his sentiments while retaining my current one

PlanktonSideburns

bomb_dog

(Har har har...No-one need ever know I have a Clarence-shaped cake as my avatar!)

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 18, 2021, 03:32:45 PM
Thinking of getting a picture of a plate of food as my avatar after reading the OP.

No. This is yours:

Ferris

Gonna change my av to a big picture of cheese to troll kittens lmao