Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Email notifications problem

Started by gib, May 18, 2021, 04:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

I need to know the moment I get a new email. This is no problem when i'm on my laptop where the addon 'Notifier for Gmail' does a fine job with an instant popup notification. But on my phone it's a different story. Sometimes my phone does a notification right away, sometimes it wait a couple of minutes and sometimes it doesn't bother at all.

I have fiddled with the settings on my phone to no avail. Am i missing something obvious? Is there another workaround?

beanheadmcginty

I suspect it could be any number of things but I've found that if I have any sort of power saving features enabled then the emails don't arrive as quickly because the phone is saving power by not checking all the time.

phes

I had similar problems with absent and delayed Gmail notifications that no amount of threads, YouTube videos or pestering friends was able to solve. In the end I got Edison mail and stopped Gmail and problem solved hurrah

gib

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 20, 2021, 02:48:46 PM
I suspect it could be any number of things but I've found that if I have any sort of power saving features enabled then the emails don't arrive as quickly because the phone is saving power by not checking all the time.

I tried that last week but it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

gib

Quote from: phes on May 20, 2021, 02:58:45 PM
I had similar problems with absent and delayed Gmail notifications that no amount of threads, YouTube videos or pestering friends was able to solve. In the end I got Edison mail and stopped Gmail and problem solved hurrah

I have set this up and will let you know how i get on. This does look like exactly the sort of workaround i was looking for, thanks so much.

canadagoose

Quote from: phes on May 20, 2021, 02:58:45 PM
I'd never heard of that, thanks for the recommendation!

gib

Absolutely solved now, thanks so much phes.