Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sega Saturn. It was good.

Started by Jerzy Bondov, May 20, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Saturn and Dreamcast were like THE fighting game systems tho

popcorn

good thing they also had Nights, Panzer Dragoon (not the first one), Burning Rangers, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi then.

Jerzy Bondov

I played fuck out of Virtua Fighter Kids. Honestly that's the best Virtua Fighter. The others are fine but the lads don't have big heads. Fighters Megamix though, fuck me what a game. It's like an April Fools joke from Mean Machines Sega except it's real. Yes you can be a car. Yes you can be some meat. Yes you can be a palm tree.

madhair60

Quote from: popcorn on May 24, 2021, 09:13:53 PM
good thing they also had Nights, Panzer Dragoon (not the first one), Burning Rangers, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi then.

don't be defensive! i was just surprised given that the library for Saturn and Dreamcast being way smaller means the fighters are prominent in a way they never were on PS1, not really. Though I dunno if there were more on there or not. When I think Saturn I think of 2D graphics getting thrown around. The ram cart or whatever it was meant more frames of animation meant more fidelity for 2D fighters.

Dreamcast of course had Marvel vs Capcom 2 so fuckin ell, absolute beast.

Saturn to my mind is the FPS, shmup, fighting game machine. the FPS games (with the weird exception of Doom) are superb.

popcorn

Quote from: madhair60 on May 24, 2021, 11:12:27 PM
don't be defensive! i was just surprised given that the library for Saturn and Dreamcast being way smaller means the fighters are prominent in a way they never were on PS1, not really.

I meant that the most of the most beloved PS1 games were fighters, RPGs and racing games, so the only thing left for someone like me is basically MGS and Vib Ribbon. Whereas Sega offered an abundance of wicked other games too (plus Panzer Saga, the only RPG I've ever truly loved). I didn't mean "I don't like consoles that have any fighting games on them"

madhair60

it's nice that the Saturn and DC got so many "weird" games localised. Much of the best PS1 stuff never left Japan

I really wish I liked NiGHTS. I find it absolutely baffling and nearly impossible to play. but look at it!!!!!!!!!