Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:05:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 12

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, May 20, 2021, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgo76

Not sure I'm loving all the helmet cameras in this series.

The Crumb

Feels like they're really struggling for tasks

BritishHobo

I'm CONVINCED they're now making this for people in niche online fetish communities

Gambrinus

This food one is gopping. Makes me feel ill watching it.

Virgo76

I'm quite optimistic about the whole episode airing before Channel 4 crashes again.

g0m

Quote from: Gambrinus on September 30, 2021, 09:38:15 PM
This food one is gopping. Makes me feel ill watching it.

it was a mistake to get chipper food beforehand

beanheadmcginty

Guz looks remarkably like young Derek Trotter but with a beard.

Captain Z

I liked Greg's bin rhyme.

Assumed that the mystery foods task would have a clever solution, like if you put them in a blender (don't think it said it had to be switched on) they would separate due to different densities or be clearly visible, or if you went into the kitchen all the ingredients would be out. Probably worth it to watch Alex eat a mouthful, but otherwise I didn't care much for the tasks.

I just found out Morgana is half sisters with Brody Dalle of all people. Funny old world!

Norton Canes

That studio task would probably make a nice party game to play at home but it was one of the least telegenic things ever

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: The Crumb on September 30, 2021, 09:30:09 PMFeels like they're really struggling for tasks

This week's team task was a low point, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now as it's got to be hard coming up with covid-safe tasks. Having said that, there were some great team-task moments from last series, but a lot of those might've been from the Wozniak-Mack combo.

We know they've definitely got at least one more series in the can with full distancing.

amateur

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 01, 2021, 08:25:20 AM
That studio task would probably make a nice party game to play at home but it was one of the least telegenic things ever

I don't know why they thought it would make good telly. Aside from the silk hankerchiefs bit, which was fun the first time, it was just "go through all the pockets".

I liked the space hopper one as they were able to get some good creativity in there (and a mess), and I thought they all gelled a bit more this week, so overall I enjoyed it.

Norton Canes

Maybe they should think about repeating some of the better studio tasks from previous series. I'd rather see a good task done twice than have to watch a dull new one.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 01, 2021, 11:07:49 AM
Maybe they should think about repeating some of the better studio tasks from previous series. I'd rather see a good task done twice than have to watch a dull new one.

*cough* or nicking from NZ *cough*

I think this series has a problem with two quite boring TV personalities in Alan and Victoria.

Norton Canes

Surprised to see VCM in last spot after two weeks - though none of the tasks have so far played to her analytical mind or (supposed) deviousness. I reckon she'll either sink like a stone or go on an all-conquering blitz. 

beanheadmcginty

I'm wondering whether the prize task of "most awesome square" was chosen in the vain hope that VCM would bring in her husband.

Virgo76

Whether Victoria's formidable wit and intelligence will translate into points remains to be seen.

frajer

An ok episode but felt a bit of a step down after last week's cracker. Must admit I completely zoned out during the live task.

As soon as Guz showed his approach for the space hopper task I think we all knew exactly how it would play out and it was immensely satisfying when it did.

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on October 01, 2021, 11:56:14 AM
I think this series has a problem with two quite boring TV personalities in Alan and Victoria.

I think Victoria's been good value, but I'm struggling to remember anything that Alan has said or done so far.

Last night's episode was ok. The filmed tasks had the ingredients of being good ones, but they all fell a bit flat. There were some good moments though - particularly from Guz and Morgana. They both seem made for this show.

Quote from: SteveDave on September 29, 2021, 01:23:06 PM
In a slightly related note, this starts tonight

https://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/outsiders/

Taskmaster but with camping? Only one out of the six named contestants hasn't been on Taskmaster before.

I'm watching it now and it's good fun.

selectivememory

Really like the whole group, though I guess Alan isn't very memorable. But he's not annoying at least. Not confident the tasks are going to be great based on what we saw in this episode though.

Ja'moke

They'll never do it, but I wouldn't be opposed to them just stealing task ideas from the NZ series. It's not as if the British contestants are likely to have seen them.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 01, 2021, 11:33:36 PM
They'll never do it, but I wouldn't be opposed to them just stealing task ideas from the NZ series. It's not as if the British contestants are likely to have seen them.

Or the British audience, it's just going to be a few nerds on the internet who have seen the NZ series, so using tasks from there shouldn't be a problem, or any of the international versions. I think something needs to be done, the task quality has definitely been slipping.

greencalx

It was fine. Nothing exceptional, but nothing as embarrassing as the security task from S11. Seem to recall the first couple of episodes of that season was also a bit ropey on the task front. The mountain climbing task reminded me a bit of the "draw a picture with this fitness app" task from S1, and I thought Alan did a good fall. Space hopper task was fine, though I suspect they were hoping it would get messier. I can see the tasting task is a bit of a polariser but Alex's weird food combos are always good for a laugh. My son was taken with "oatmeal and death".

It's the live tasks that I think are letting the show down just now. Hopefully these will improve.

Small Man Big Horse

I thought that was one of the weakest episodes I've seen in a long time, there was potential with the mountain climbing task but Alan and VCM's attempt was flat out terrible, and Morgana, Desiree and Guz's efforts were only vaguely amusing. The prize and live tasks were dull, the food one a bit grim, and the only one I enjoyed was the space hopper. I'm starting to actively dislike VCM as well, which might make this series a real struggle.

olliebean

TBH the most impressive thing VCM has done so far in this is work out the scores for the space hopper task.

They've done essentially the same food task at least once before, haven't they, but with the food in pots or bowls instead of plastic bags?

BeardFaceMan

The prize tasks and the live tasks are actively hurting the show for me, now. Between the lack of effort put in by people for the prize task and the general poor quality of the live tasks, each show is starting and ending with a whimper.

The Crumb

Quote from: olliebean on October 02, 2021, 12:39:19 PM

They've done essentially the same food task at least once before, haven't they, but with the food in pots or bowls instead of plastic bags?

Yeah, pretty sure it was baby food last time. There was a weird flavoured crisp one as well. I really thought the dog-shit one was a low, more repulsive than funny and didn't really give much scope for the contestants to do anything interesting. The watermelon task in S1 worked because the contestants chose to go grim, it wasn't quite forced on them.

batwings

This all feels a bit stale to me now. The in-studio banter is still good but more and more I'm zoning out during the tasks.