Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Timesplitters 4 to start development.

Started by Bazooka, May 20, 2021, 02:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/timesplitters_is_officially_coming_back_developed_by_reformed_free_radical_design

Confirmed. I never played the first game and remember little about the sequels single player, but Virus mode on multiplayer was one of the most thrilling game modes I've ever played.

Bernice

Fucking loved virus multiplayer. In that big arctic base map from the first level. Great stuff.

The Crumb

Big news. Will it top the existing Timesplitters 3?

madhair60

Interesting choice to start development on TimeSplitters Future Perfect given that it came out in 2005.

Edit: Fuuuck

Bazooka

Quote from: The Crumb on May 20, 2021, 02:46:37 PM
Big news. Will it top the existing Timesplitters 3?

You have no evidence I didn't change the mistake.

Actually it was ironic, Timesplitters, time etc

Thursday

Really hope this is good, but I'm worried about all the ways it could be shit.

Jerzy Bondov

Fry

One of my favourite things about the old games was the immense amount of unlockable characters, modes and levels. If this only comes out with only a handful of the above but with the very generous offer to receive more by signing up to the fucking season pass or whatever I'll do a shit.

This is one of the biggest ones for nostalgia for me. Timesplitters 2, multitap, 3 friends sleeping over. Pringles, lemonade, babestation, hiding eggs in the holes at the golf courses, do a fart on Ryan when he's asleep, Papa Roach is gay play Limp Biskit. They better not fuck this up.

Sonny_Jim

I loved a bit of Timesplitters 2 multiplayer back in the day, but I don't really see where their Unique Selling Point is on this.  Hopefully it'll be as fun as polished as the others in the series, but at this day and age what can they bring to the table that'll pull the kids away from the Call of Dutys and Fortnites.

Quote from: Fry on June 07, 2021, 07:27:13 AM
If this only comes out with only a handful of the above but with the very generous offer to receive more by signing up to the fucking season pass or whatever I'll do a shit.
It's going to be DLC'd up the ass to the teeth, isn't it? *sigh*