Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You’re going to be talking about UFOs soon

Started by Replies From View, May 21, 2021, 09:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

You certainly are.

Except it's politically incorrect to say UFOs now, so you will be saying UAPs which means Young Aged Pensioner or University of East Anglia.

Ok?

You may now commence your discussion

Norton Canes

You're going to be talking about RIPs soon

[edit: Sorry that sounds like some thinly-veiled threat, I mean RIP H.S. Art]

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 21, 2021, 09:16:06 AM
You're going to be talking about RIPs soon

[edit: Sorry that sounds like some thinly-veiled threat, I mean RIP H.S. Art]

Luckily it felt like a threat in which I would survive (and still be able to speak).

steve98

Why can't we use the word "UFOs" any more? Who's it gonna upset? Fuck off. There's no way I'm gonna start sayin' "UAPs". Get stuffed.

If alien visitations are real why hasn't Trump blabbed about it by now?...What's that, they never told him?... Yeah, suppose so.

Replies From View

Obama has chipped in hasn't he.

60 Minutes kicks stuff off in the States.  It's only a matter of time until it crosses the pond.

Replies From View

And you are going to say UAPs, as well.  It is your destiny.

Butchers Blind

I'm building my mashed potato tower as we speak.

Blumf

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 21, 2021, 10:14:45 AM
I'm building my mashed potato tower as we speak.

They're already one step ahead of you.

Replies From View

Here's some Obama (headline:  I've seen the saucers: Obama weighs in as US interest in UFOs rises): 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/20/ufo-obama-cbs-60-minutes-america-aliens

JesusAndYourBush

I thought the triangular UFO footage had already been debunked as a lens effect?

bgmnts

They have actual real flying saucers what?

Blumf

steve98

50 years on and we still don't have levitating saucer trains powered by fusion, with the passengers sitting on top of the core (nice and cozy)

Replies From View

Quote from: steve98 on May 21, 2021, 11:49:11 AM
50 years on and we still don't have levitating saucer trains powered by fusion, with the passengers sitting on top of the core (nice and cozy)

Soft cushions, or not?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blumf on May 21, 2021, 11:33:08 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_flying_saucer

QuoteThe flying saucer originally started as a proposal for a lifting platform. However, the project was revised and edited, and by the time the patent was filed had become a large passenger craft for interplanetary travel.[1]

Someone pointed out train entries tended to be all the same distance above the tracks and their variable height platform was pointless. *5 seconds later* INTERSTELLAR TRAVEL

steve98

Quote from: Replies From View on May 21, 2021, 11:57:53 AM
Soft cushions, or not?

PASSENGER: No thanks, I'm perfectly comfortable. I wish I'd known about nuclear fusion before - it's so comfortable, and so smooth. And they say it's great for the environment?

ATTENDANT: Yes Ma'am. It's fueled by hydrogen, the most abundant element in the Universe, which will never run out.

PASSENGER: How marvelous. And the ice in my drink won't melt, even though it's hotter than the sun just below my feet?

ATTENDANT: Correct Ma'am.

kittens

be nice if the aliens come. the aliens come and make it all o.k.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: kittens on May 21, 2021, 06:39:26 PM

Or kill us all and harvest our bodies for food. Either way I'll be happy.

Video Game Fan 2000

What if they came down, proved Chris Morris was never funny with charts and maths, then flew off again.

You'd all be feeling silly wouldn't you.

bgmnts

Can't wait until we join the Intergalactic Trade Union, who provide us with incredible resources and life changing technologies, but four people lose their jobs to aliens so we end up holding a planetary referendum and leaving it, dooming us to destruction.

Jizzing just thinking about it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Remember proper Earthling bendy DNA with traditional rickets and nut allergies like in your granddads day?

Blumf

Quote from: kittens on May 21, 2021, 06:39:26 PM

You say that, but what if they bring with them hyperspatial Twitter and we all end up cancelled in four dimensions?

Video Game Fan 2000

What if the official species name for humanity is "manlets" and the Galactic Federation refuses it change it because it would be needlesly confusing for the thousands of other sentient lifeforms and they'd have to reprint the Space Thompsons?

bgmnts

What if -cunt is the space Esperanto suffix for a group of people, so we are Earthcunts?

Video Game Fan 2000

"We love your Earth comedian Manning Bernard for his control of the stage and delivery, we had no idea of the cultural offense caused, lacking as we do a notion of a culture. Now answer a question that has plagued our scholars of fine Earth Art for centuries: did Skrewdriver ever do a second Peel session?"

Video Game Fan 2000

I took me mam upstairs in Debenhams for a tea and a scone and half way through a bunch of Klingons came in and started banging on the tables chanting "Pickle Rick" over and over. Yet if I go on Twitter and say that selfhood is a prerequisite for subjectivity, I'm the bigot and the Galactic Animist Council sends around a ChokeBot 4600.

Thomas

Told my partner about Obama's latest statement:

QuoteThere's footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don't know exactly what they are, we can't explain how they moved, their trajectory.

She said 'yes, but they're Americans. Has anyone else had a look?'

She's right. Could be pigeons.

Pinball

Given the distances involved, my speculation would be that we'd be more likely to meet a probe (no not anal)/drone than a ship with aliens therein. Far more believable that an alien species sends out thousands of autonomous probes than commits to crews spending a century multi-generationally exploring space, plus you can scale up robots to many thousands.

But I really hope we don't find anything, as Darwinism and evolution would suggest a high probability of us being exploited rather badly by them.

Dr Greer has been banging on about Disclosure for years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_M._Greer

https://siriusdisclosure.com/