Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Billy Bragg

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, July 24, 2005, 01:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Preston

Quote from: Morrissey Gran on March 04, 2008, 09:45:45 PM
This is KT Tunstall

No it's not, it's Kate Nash.

I too didn't get the release when it was meant to. I received an email the other day saying that they were having trouble getting it from the supplier, and wouldn't be dispatched on the release date (yesterday).

Paaaaul

Quote from: Morrissey Gran on March 04, 2008, 09:45:45 PM
No, you're thinking of Avril Lavigne or one of them. This is KT Tunstall, the folk singer who writes catchy inventive songs rightly appreciated by 50-year-old legendary folk singer/songwriters.

Odd mistake to make, but there we are.

No. Not at all odd. Watch the video. It's not KT Turnstile.

Kate Nash is a definite no for me too. 

Morrissey Gran

Je Suis Un s*****c.

And even that French is wrong. Sorry, Paaaul, connection's crap so I didn't click on it and presumed, it following on from the setlist, you were talking about the amazing Tunstall set which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Nash, of course, is a cunt. But still, it was only one song and anything that puts Billy in the spotlight is alright with me.

Were you at the Bragg/Tunstall thing last month too, Mr Gran?

Morrissey Gran

Yeah – even behind a wave of mobile phones, it was fantastic fun. Plus, I suppose, at least the phones meant that it got plastered all over Youtube too.

Even though it was really under-rehearsed, it was so much fun to be there.  Having listened to some mp3s this evening, part of me wishes I'd not re-visited it.

Don_Preston

What does everyone think of the new album then?

Despite pre-ordering it and expecting it to arrive on Monday, mine finally got here yesterday.  Not had chance to spin it yet.

As I type this, Mr Bragg is mid-way through another HMV in-store performance in London.

Don_Preston

Bill is on Radcliffe and Maconie's show on Radio 2 right now (and I expect listen again) giving an interview and solo acoustic performances, so far of single I Keep Faith.

simondykes

I am fairly excited as Billy is playing an instore at my shop next week as part of 'Record Shop Day' and Irmin Schmidt from Can (IRMIN SCHMIDT FROM CAN!!!!) is going to be DJing.I mean,crikey.

I hope someone out there has been technically minded enough to get MP3s made of that radio set.

Still not heard the solo disc from the new album yet, but enjoyed the band set very much.

levitica

Had anyone else been to the new tour yet? Went to the concert at Gateshead yesterday.  It was really good.  The support act was Wallace Bird and she was good too. 

Jemble Fred

For me, the only thing more distressing than the extent to which the new album hasn't grabbed me, was hearing 'I Keep Faith' on Aled Jones' Christian music show on Radio 2 the other day (no, I didn't tune in specifically for that).

levitica

At the tour last night he repeated about 4 times that it was not a religious song and he meant faith in humanity and it was definitely not a religious song.  Now I see why.

A quick question...  Does anyone have the DVD reissue of the Bragg/Wilco film 'Man In The Sand'?  Does the DVD still come with the bonus CD issued with the original VHS tape?  I can't find any info anywhere.  Ta.