Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pete 'n' Dud film

Started by aaaaaaaaaargh!, February 29, 2004, 09:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I noticed this in today's Sindy.

Starring Rhys "Notting Hill/Rancid Aluminium" Ifans as Peter Cook!  Is this wrong?

Bellscab

This does sound like a mistake to me. Ifans isn't bad (the best thing about Kaufman-Gondry misfire 'Human Nature' and the shite-heap 'Notting Hill') but Cook he ain't. I can't imagine anyone who could portray Cook's complexity and, to be honest, from the Cook biographies I've read, I don't think anyone really knows exactly what was going on inside his head. Any attempt to cram his life and character into 2 hours will take the piss - there were a couple of documentaries on Christmas 2002 which were quite good, but they only really scratched the surface.

I'll be interested to see this - but I'd be surprised if it doesn't annoy me to the nth degree...

Why can't they just rerun (the remaining) NOBA shows and let us see the real deal again... Would be a lot cheaper for the bastards, as well.

Jemble Fred

Don't apologise, just look for the original thread. http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=593

It's bad enough the Independent printing old news...