Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

travelling during covid: britain to switzerland

Started by PlanktonSideburns, May 24, 2021, 09:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

got a little tour with my band lined up for the end of june, and am trying to figure out what i need to do to get in and out of this godforsaken country via plane these days

anyone got any experience of this?

would i need health insurance nowdays now that were brexited?

looking at how its all changed from the last week, apparantley, and non work travel to swiz is banned now?!

any reccomendations for anyone i can phone to figure this out?

Chedney Honks

No practical advice for you mate but please enjoy your RARE BLACK FUNGUS.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 24, 2021, 10:02:56 AM
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-performing-and-touring-in-europe-guidance-for-musicians-and-accompanying-staff

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/apply-for-a-free-uk-global-health-insurance-card-ghic/

Your optimism is impressive, I'll give you that.

thanks on that - id not seen that thing about a global health insurance card.

things SEEM fine going to swiz for work, but there's not as much info about as there is with EU countries. phoned their federal office of public health, they seemed pretty chill, said just fill in a form and do a PCM test. im still not convinced tho

Quote from: Chedney Honks on May 24, 2021, 09:57:31 AM
No practical advice for you mate but please enjoy your FOUNDUE LUNG.

Real talk: is going to switzerland to play music a cunts move? ive not been out the house since it all went down and have no idea whats going on in the world. wont be offended by a rude answer

JaDanketies

I went to Cyprus last autumn for a wedding. These private companies that do COVID tests just put the right date on your COVID test documentation because you're paying them and it's a saturated market. I would imagine though with free lateral flow tests it's even easier than it was all them months ago.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 24, 2021, 11:16:03 AM
I went to Cyprus last autumn for a wedding. These private companies that do COVID tests just put the right date on your COVID test documentation because you're paying them and it's a saturated market. I would imagine though with free lateral flow tests it's even easier than it was all them months ago.

dont think anyones accepting lateral flow for travel tho, its PCR or GTFO

BlodwynPig

I was going to train it to Switzerland in August (Arosa) but theyve made the conference digital. Schade

JaDanketies

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 24, 2021, 11:39:44 AM
dont think anyones accepting lateral flow for travel tho, its PCR or GTFO

Yeah so it'll be touch-and-go whether you get the test results on time, if you don't pay privately. At least in Cyprus, they wanted the test to have been done within 48 hours before the departure time, so getting the results in time is a roll-of-the-dice.

I mean I did just show the guy a PDF on my phone and nobody did any double-checking of anything. It'd be simple to mock one up, but the penalty if you get caught might seem really excessive.

Uncle TechTip

Leave it and give some local Swiss band the opportunity.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 24, 2021, 11:56:04 AM
Yeah so it'll be touch-and-go whether you get the test results on time, if you don't pay privately. At least in Cyprus, they wanted the test to have been done within 48 hours before the departure time, so getting the results in time is a roll-of-the-dice.

I mean I did just show the guy a PDF on my phone and nobody did any double-checking of anything. It'd be simple to mock one up, but the penalty if you get caught might seem really excessive.

yea, 72 hours in advance they want. im half jabbed and hermit like, so should be alright.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 24, 2021, 11:59:45 AM
Leave it and give some local Swiss band the opportunity.

half the band is swizz so were semi-organic in that regard

Pinball

Why bother? A lot of hassle currently, and high probability of cancellation and consequent lost money.

PlanktonSideburns

yea but what if it goes right tho?

serious answer: theyre paying gigs in really nice festivals and venues, places that promised us gigs pre pandemic, we can get there a week in advance and rehearse a live show there living in a mates house, developing this AV show that us and another band are doing together, which should put us in a gig fit position to do some decent gigs when it becomes possible in the uk. If the hasstle equates to filling in a few forms and getting some tests done, thats alright isnt it? shits about as likley to be cancelled out there as it is here, and as i mentioned, weve been lucky enough to be offered a space we can live in for a week and develop this show

bgmnts

Not to catastrophise but what if there is another flare up of covid and it all shuts down again. Then you'd be stuck in - according to my Swiss mate - a very expensive, slightly boring country.

PlanktonSideburns

were not expecting any more flare ups are we?

thought boris got this thing DONE?!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 24, 2021, 12:44:17 PM
Not to catastrophise but what if there is another flare up of covid and it all shuts down again. Then you'd be stuck in - according to my Swiss mate - a very expensive, slightly boring country.

Its not boring. I bet your mate enjoys throwing stones on scrubland. Prick

PlanktonSideburns

Only been once, seen someone come out of a pub with a llama on a lead.

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 24, 2021, 01:17:13 PM
Its not boring. I bet your mate enjoys throwing stones on scrubland. Prick

Well she lived there for 20 years to be fair. I suppose everywhere you grow up is a bit boring to you.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 24, 2021, 01:36:51 PM
Well she lived there for 20 years to be fair. I suppose everywhere you grow up is a bit boring to you.

Apologies. Apologues as they say in the cantons.

PlanktonSideburns

Fucken sacked it off, too much hassle. Will do it in Cardiff instead. Thanks all for the support

Bronzy