Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Government whispers that indoor mixing is now not advised in eight areas

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 25, 2021, 09:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

As well as indoor mixing not being advised, travel is also not advised unless necessary in the following areas:

Bolton, Blackburn with Darwen, Kirklees, Bedford, Burnley, Leicester, Hounslow and North Tyneside

Whilst the advice for Bolton and Blackburn with Farwen was issued on the 14th May, according to the BBC the advice for the other areas was "published online without an announcement on Friday"

Typical government -  they can now blame people who do meet indoors and/or travel into or out of these areas without a good reason despite having given little warning.

North Tyneside Council says officials did not know about it until Monday, which the government denies.

You can see the relevant guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#if-youre-in-an-area-where-the-new-covid-19-variant-is-spreading

BBC story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57232728

Sebastian Cobb

Gonna rinse my dubplates on my 2k outdoor pa then, unlucky neighbours.

Glyn

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 25, 2021, 09:46:26 AM

Whilst the advice for Bolton and Blackburn with Farwen was issued on the 14th May, according to the BBC the advice for the other areas was "published online without an announcement on Friday"

Typical government -  they can now blame people who do meet indoors and/or travel into or out of these areas without a good reason despite having given little warning.

Beware of the leopard

Dex Sawash

Fambo Number Mive

An urgent question was asked about this in the House of Commons.

Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth has called for the guidance to be withdrawn and for "a meeting to be convened to form a plan"

I can see why further restrictions would be needed in areas with high numbers of the new varient, what is bad is the lack of announcement and the lack of financial and social support to compensate.

Gurke and Hare

The government has advised people not to travel to Bolton. Nothing to do with COVID, just don't etc etc

imitationleather

On Channel 4 News they were speculating that this was announced by mistake.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 25, 2021, 04:52:37 PM
The government has advised people not to travel to Bolton. Nothing to do with COVID, just don't etc etc

That Rate My Takeaway guy has a lot to answer for.