Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brass Eye Revisited

Started by Virgo76, May 26, 2021, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: lipsink on June 03, 2021, 02:36:16 PM
The 'new police shirts' is a brilliantly silly stupid idea that I love.

"I and many of my fellow officers feel they're just too small."

Virgo76

One thing I've never really understood is Bernard Manning's contribution to the Cake prank.
"Cake is a made-up drug. It's not made from plants, it's made from chemicals... by... sick bastards. One young kiddie on Cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a f***ing disgrace."
Bearing in mind it was the 1990s and assuming he was generally taken in by Morris's stunt,  how on Earth could he have expected his contribution to be used in a real campaign with him using language like that?

Video Game Fan 2000

Rewatched that multiple times since I posted about it. His double take still seems genuine to me. I think he's trying to go along with something but he hasn't worked out that its him being pranked.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Virgo76 on June 08, 2021, 02:17:15 PM
One thing I've never really understood is Bernard Manning's contribution to the Cake prank.
"Cake is a made-up drug. It's not made from plants, it's made from chemicals... by... sick bastards. One young kiddie on Cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a f***ing disgrace."
Bearing in mind it was the 1990s and assuming he was generally taken in by Morris's stunt,  how on Earth could he have expected his contribution to be used in a real campaign with him using language like that?
Doesn't seem too far-fetched that they would have convinced him it was for a gritty, late-night PIF where that sort of thing was okay.