Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Horrid Hotels History

Started by Tony Tony Tony, May 27, 2021, 06:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Was asleep, in bed with a man, let's call him Mr Black, in a hotel in Venice.  Middle of the fucking night.  Phone rang, Mr Black picked up.  Angry American man on the other end demanded to know who he was.  Black, quite reasonably, IMO, asked the question right back at him.  Irate American, demanded to know who he was in bed with.  It got pretty nasty, probably made worse by the lateness of the hour and the sheer insanity of it all, eventually, the receiver was slammed down. 

Next morning, concierge apologised profusely for putting American Mr Black through to the wrong room when he phoned from the States and asked to speak to Mrs Black.  How we laughed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

... and *you*, a unidexter lovely lady !

My parents were considering booking into a hotel to visit me in Nottingham.  They changed their minds when they read a Tripadvisor review that the hotel had been so dirty that a stag party had declined to stay there, having seen the room.  A stag party.  Surely not the most discerning hotel critics.

Apparently the last straw had been when one of the party had pulled back the duvet to find the sheets stained with fresh-looking blood. 

The hotel has now closed.

Aaron500

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 27, 2021, 12:34:17 PM
Petrified that the guy, who's been denied the chance to fornicate savagely and is no doubt not best pleased, will now burst through our door and batter us to a pulp, we had to come up with a means of defence. The only thing I could think of was a kettle full of boiling water, so we took turns by the door on sentry duty for the next hour, re-boiling it every few minutes in case we had to fling it in his face.

[Knock knock]
- It's him! Get the boiling water!

[Opens door]
Oh, hi we'd just like to apol- [SPLASH!] AAAAAAAAAARGH!! AAAAAAAAARGH! We're both scarred for life! Why????? WHY????? We were so in love...

Sebastian Cobb

lol, he was probably seething more than if you'd just thumped on the wall and bellowed 'OIIII!'.

I bet the 20 minutes it took to initially boil the shitty little travel kettle hotels have was nerve-wracking.

flotemysost

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/98158766#/

Not exactly a horror story, but whenever I travel with a certain friend (and share a room) we always seem to end up with a bathroom where the door is see-through, open plan, or otherwise offers absolutely no privacy if there's someone else in the main bit of the room. Had one where the bathroom walls were made of those very 90s wobbly glass blocks that distort whatever's behind them, except for the door which was plain clear glass, and happened to be directly opposite the bog, offering a flawless vista of anyone having a shit.

My friend and I found it hilarious, but if you'd booked that room for a romantic getaway it might dampen the mood somewhat.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: flotemysost on May 28, 2021, 12:10:04 AM

Not exactly a horror story, but whenever I travel with a certain friend (and share a room) we always seem to end up with a bathroom where the door is see-through, open plan, or otherwise offers absolutely no privacy if there's someone else in the main bit of the room. Had one where the bathroom walls were made of those very 90s wobbly glass blocks that distort whatever's behind them, except for the door which was plain clear glass, and happened to be directly opposite the bog, offering a flawless vista of anyone having a shit.

My friend and I found it hilarious, but if you'd booked that room for a romantic getaway it might dampen the mood somewhat.

ha you've reminded me of this: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaft

BlodwynPig

Quote from: flotemysost on May 28, 2021, 12:10:04 AM

Any logic for this, unless you are both pooper snoopers?

seepage

The room I stayed in at Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame had the see-through 3/4 height toilet door feature, if you want the experience yourself. Nice room otherwise iirc. Also a "cave" room overlooking the Santorini Caldera [I know, asking for it]. The see-through, half-height toilet door faced the 3/4 height door to the room, which opened onto a public road. So if you happened to walk past and glance in you'd have a good chance of the lovely view of me having a crap.

buttgammon

Quote from: seepage on May 28, 2021, 08:21:55 AM
The room I stayed in at Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame had the see-through 3/4 height toilet door feature, if you want the experience yourself. Nice room otherwise iirc. Also a "cave" room overlooking the Santorini Caldera [I know, asking for it]. The see-through, half-height toilet door faced the 3/4 height door to the room, which opened onto a public road. So if you happened to walk past and glanced in you'd have a good chance of the lovely view of me having a crap.

I stayed in a hotel in Amsterdam that had a glass wall in the bathroom that faced into the bedroom, but it was about 16 floors up thankfully!

Blinder Data

Quote from: Aaron500 on May 27, 2021, 11:41:54 PM
[Knock knock]
- It's him! Get the boiling water!

[Opens door]
Oh, hi we'd just like to apol- [SPLASH!] AAAAAAAAAARGH!! AAAAAAAAARGH! We're both scarred for life! Why????? WHY????? We were so in love...

BIG laugh

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: bgmnts on May 27, 2021, 11:07:01 AM
I did have sex in a nasty hotel in Chinatown in NYC though, where there was a hole in the room wall, and cockroaches in the shared toilet.

It wasn't the Windsor Hotel ("Bedbugs a speciality!") was it? I've been pretty lucky with hotels for the most part, but that one was grim.

Sebastian Cobb

I think I'd quite like to stay in one of the horrific hotels in the US, like the Cecil, but not actually that one, 'cos you know, the Elisa Lam stuff.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: bgmnts on May 27, 2021, 11:07:01 AM
I did have sex in a nasty hotel in Chinatown in NYC though, where there was a hole in the room wall, and cockroaches in the shared toilet.

Would this be one of those new fangled 'Glory Holes' I hear so much about these days?

Icehaven

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 27, 2021, 11:50:54 PM
That's pretty cheap.

For a bunk bed in a room with 9 snoring farting strangers it's about £30 too much.

sevendaughters

Had bed bugs in Oslo and a pint of lager with mould left next to bed in Bletchley, but Stockholm took the cake.

Hostel not far from bus station. Dorm room packed full of wankers. i. Posh English guy who tapped all my PAYG credit when he asked to make a brief call to a friend nearby. ii. Taciturn wanker from Widnes who snored like a broken oboe about 15cm from my left ear. iii. the worst were a cabal of Irish lads who oozed sexual harrassment and brought back some giggling Italian girls of very borderline age. The lads kept saying "bella bella" in mock-sultry accents and cracking up laughing.

There was a massive commotion in the hall at 4am as the girls stormed out and the lads ran riot having failed to sex, and as I looked there was something that looked like Vimto all over the walls. I went back to bed and then Widnestwat went into a passage from Stockhausen out of his nose and I bolted for the sanctity of the bus station and waited 3hr there. Can't remember any staff at all. It was like Big Brother or something, but unwatchable.

flotemysost

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 28, 2021, 07:10:15 AM
Any logic for this, unless you are both pooper snoopers?

Well it's never been intentional, hence "always seem to end up with" - more just what happens when you book a cheap hotel room in a rush and the small grainy thumbnail of the bathroom on TripAdvisor doesn't fully document the quirks of the layout.

If I was proudly embarking on planned voyeuristic scat tours I'd make a new thread for it, but sadly my life is nowhere near that exciting.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteplanned voyeuristic scat tours

Currently #1 on Things To Do in Tamworth.

richjj1978

I used to work in reservations for a major Travel hotel chain, the one that's not endorsed by Lenny Henry.

Part of our induction was a tour of lodges in the South East. When we arrived at the now replaced Gatwick site, despite being part of a delegation from Head Office, the manager couldn't be bothered showing us around. The cleaner did instead.

It was a horrible hotel at the time, looked more like a youth hostel. That cleaner gave me the best advice I was ever given by someone in the travel industry, namely never book the disabled room in a city or airport hotel as its the room they routinely let to drunks.  As I was told "If they piss the bed, it's easier to clean up"