Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will Young's new covers album (of hip alternative pop songs)

Started by willbo, May 27, 2021, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

Will Young's new album is all covers of alternative/cool pop songs

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/will-young-announces-new-album-crying-on-the-bathroom-floor-unveils-lead-single-daniel__32966/

track listing -

1. Daniel (original by  Bat For Lashes)
2. Crying On The Bathroom Floor (original by MUNA)
3. Till There's Nothing Left (original by Cam)
4. Indestructible (original by Robyn)
5. Strong (original by London Grammar)
6. I Follow Rivers (original by Lykke Li)
7.  Everything Is Embarrassing (original by Sky Ferreira)
8. Losing You (original by Solange)
9. Missing (original by Everything But The Girl)
10. Elizabeth Taylor (original by Clare Maguire)

Never really listened to him, but I'm a Bat For Lashes fan and I really like his version of Daniel. I've been enjoying hearing it on the radio. I feel like we never really appreciated him now. I remember people making fun of his Light My Fire cover on the first Pop Idol, but that was a really quirky choice when you think about it. And a lot more interesting than just ..some generic Elton John song or whatever you'd expect him to have done.

Oz Oz Alice

That Richard X produced single he did what I thought was recently but was 10 years ago for fuck's sake was pretty good. Seems like a nice guy. Hope he doesn't massacre Indestructible as it's one of the Robyn songs I like most.

jobotic

All Time Love is a good ballad if you like that kind of thing.

And he does seem like a decent person.

But I'll pass.

willbo

Quote from: Oz Oz Alice on May 27, 2021, 09:14:04 AM
That Richard X produced single he did what I thought was recently but was 10 years ago for fuck's sake was pretty good. Seems like a nice guy. Hope he doesn't massacre Indestructible as it's one of the Robyn songs I like most.

What I like about this album so far is that it's stripped-down/quieter versions of songs I like but were originally more synth/pop-ish. That's what I'm liking about the Daniel cover (which is a song I already loved)

Malcy

Didn't realise Daniel was a cover. Radio 2 have played it loads the past couple few weeks and I've liked it every time it's been on.