Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arrgh - can't disable grid view for tabs in Chrome on Android anymore

Started by seepage, May 28, 2021, 11:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

Just a moan really. The dreaded tabs grid view reappeared in Chrome on my Android 'phone and now the web page that has instructions to disable it now says it can no longer be done. I hate the grid view as it's hard to see the contents of each tab.

Sebastian Cobb

It's been a while since I used Chrome on Android as I ended up moving both desktop and mobile to Firefox because I wanted adblock extensions and sync and that was the easiest way to do it.

Have you considered using something like Kiwi browser (still based on Chromium) and a sync extension if you need it? Firefox seems to run like shite on some work Office365 stuff so I installed Opera and am quite happy with it, so was considering moving to that, however I'm not sold by its mobile offering so might have to look to use some tools to sync to a better mobile browser.

On an unrelated note, but I'm not going to create a thread for such a pathetic winge, my main bugbear with google at the moment is that their youtube app on firetv allows you to rewind live streams, but it doesn't have a 'play from start' option so if I join novara an hour late I have to muck about rewinding it all.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

While we're having a whinge, why does Android Firefox now insist on opening bookmarks in a new tab? And why doesn't the bookmarks list appear when you tap on the address bar any more? You could say I'm just set in my ways, but I says it's clearly less good than it was before.

seepage

Dex Sawash

Grid keeps turning back on for me but I can turn it off. I mostly use adblockplus browser on my phone which began doing it at the same time a few weeks ago but it stopped. YT ads are sneaking through abp now so I may just bin it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 29, 2021, 11:05:33 AM
Grid keeps turning back on for me but I can turn it off. I mostly use adblockplus browser on my phone which began doing it at the same time a few weeks ago but it stopped. YT ads are sneaking through abp now so I may just bin it.

That's been happening more on the youtube app on my firestick, which uses pihole for adblocking.