Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Friday Night Dinner anniversary special

Started by Utter Shit, May 28, 2021, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Tonight at 9pm on Channel 4. Great show of course, but will be particularly poignant due to the death of Paul Ritter.

up_the_hampipe

Apparently Tamsin Grieg tried to convince Ritter not to do the show, as he was so ill. Hope this isn't too rough to watch.

imitationleather

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 28, 2021, 04:28:24 PM
Apparently Tamsin Grieg tried to convince Ritter not to do the show, as he was so ill. Hope this isn't too rough to watch.

Oh gawd. Dunno if I want to watch now.

jobotic

Fucking hell Lipman on Corrie now Oberman and Barber on this.

Can't watch anything.

Why is this a thing anyway?

Cuellar

Tracy Ann Oberman was in it to be fair.

jobotic

Yeah I forgot that. Didn't really watch it much but did like Paul Ritter.

crankshaft

Quote from: Cuellar on May 28, 2021, 09:18:40 PM
Tracy Ann Oberman was in it to be fair.

And Barber, too - she's Sheila Bloom in season one ("MY MERCEDES!")

Cuellar

neveragain

Really hit me seeing Paul Ritter interviewed. Poor man.

jobotic

Yeah was churlish of me to mention the cunts on it. Everyone else is lovely.

What has Popper appeared in other than Look Around You? I really like him. I know he's a writer, I mean as a performer.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: jobotic on May 28, 2021, 10:29:48 PM
Yeah was churlish of me to mention the cunts on it. Everyone else is lovely.

What has Popper appeared in other than Look Around You? I really like him. I know he's a writer, I mean as a performer.

Down the Line, as Baal, in later series and the TV version. It's... not my favourite performance of his.

The Timewaster Letters is a fun book, I think he's doing an audio version.

Utter Shit

Quote from: neveragain on May 28, 2021, 10:22:16 PM
Really hit me seeing Paul Ritter interviewed. Poor man.

Me too, very sad. By all accounts he was a really nice bloke.

msm

Quote from: jobotic on May 28, 2021, 09:18:09 PM
Fucking hell Lipman on Corrie now Oberman and Barber on this.

Can't watch anything.

Why is this a thing anyway?

have I missed something ? Aside from them all being "critics" of Jeremy Corbyn

Captain Z

Very glad "The Fox" was voted the favourite episode.

jobotic

Quote from: msm on May 28, 2021, 11:18:04 PM

No. That's it.

"Critics"?

VelourSpirit

Quote from: msm on May 28, 2021, 11:18:04 PM
Barber is a vocal JK Rowling supporter and Oberman's had a few Twitter dogpiling incidents on anyone she decides is an antisemite, plus this https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/29/rachel-riley-and-tracy-ann-oberman-drop-libel-claim-over-retweet

jobotic

Barber does late night drunken abusive tweets, always aimed at the left/Corbyn.

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/11/frances-barbers-london-bridge-meltdown.html?m=1

And Oberman's slurs are pretty well known. Surprised that someone who knows she is a Corbyn critic isn't aware of that.

But I do regret bringing them up.

Bad Ambassador

Funny that Oberman is an actual slanderer.

Cuellar

Caught a glimpse of Paul Ritter when flicking through the channels post-Partridge, poor bloody guy. Couldn't really bring myself to watch. Best just to watch the good episodes again I suppose.

the science eel

What were the other two voted and shown, as well as 'The Fox'?

BritishHobo

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 28, 2021, 10:47:11 PM
Down the Line, as Baal, in later series and the TV version. It's... not my favourite performance of his.

The Timewaster Letters is a fun book, I think he's doing an audio version.

He used to do some podcasts as the Robin Cooper 'Timewaster' character. Can't remember a lot about them, but I always remember really laughing at the character's obnoxious habit of prematurely finishing other people's sentences as if he was the one who came up with it.

timebug

I thought it was a decent forty minute documentary, dragged out to twice the length by surplus padding and reshowing the same few clips. Sad to see Paul Ritter looking so ill, and Tamsin Greig did say she had advised him not to appear. Random peeve; is Fucking Cludia Fucking WinkleFuckingman on fucking EVERYTHING????? So far as I know, she has no connection to the show at all, but is obviously just sitting around waiting for 'talking heads' spots like this to appear.

Leej88

Poor guy was not a fan of the show but he looks so bloated RIP.

tookish

I found Paul Ritter's interviews heartening to watch; I lost my grandfather to brain cancer and was afraid that Ritter would be struggling to articulate himself in his interview, but it was poignant and lovely to see him talk about a role that had clearly meant so much to him. Devastating to see him looking so unwell but I'm glad he got to speak a little on his legacy. I loved FND and we tirelessly spout lines from it at home.

Jerzy Bondov

I don't think I can watch this as I'm too sad about Paul Ritter.

Do they explain how the downstairs loo has a window to the outside when really the garage should be on that wall?

Magnum Valentino

Bad Ambassador

1. It's the dining room wall.
2. It's a mirror.

neveragain

They filmed in a real house so you'd expect the dimensions/location of rooms to be correct.

Utter Shit

Quote from: neveragain on May 31, 2021, 02:27:41 PM
They filmed in a real house so you'd expect the dimensions/location of rooms to be correct.

Not with these new builds, am I right!