Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chas 'n' Dave to play Reading?

Started by king mob, February 29, 2004, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I saw them support The Libertines last night.  I went because I was feeling a bit retro and decided I'd take a trip back to 2002. Anyway, they were very good (Chas 'n' Dave, not The Libertines. Although, The Libertines were quite good too), and I won't hear a word against them. You lot probably wouldn't understand them because you're all northerners and eat black pudding for breakfast. Idiots.

Oh yeah, and hello everyone, incase you've noticed I haven't been here for a couple of weeks.

butnut

Quote from: "imitationleather"
Oh yeah, and hello everyone, incase you've noticed I haven't been here for a couple of weeks.

Hello.

Reading was very close to where I grew up (please don't laugh) and so being 'local' I have always made a point of never going to the festival. However, the only people who could tempt me to go would either be Herb Albert, Leonard Cohen or Chas'n'Dave.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "imitationleather"You lot probably wouldn't understand them because you're all northerners and eat black pudding for breakfast. Idiots.

Unlike you funny southern buggers that eat it for dessert.

Incase you didn't know, your presence is required over at the Bomb Shelter

european son

Quote from: "imitationleather"

welcome back... i was missing you. seriously! hope all's been well. i was visiting a friend in Fairfield Road (off Bow Road) last weekend and have to admit that i thought of you. but not in a 'wrong' way or anything.

also, i've got a lovely dodgy quality version of the libertines manchester show off this tour in my shares if anyone wants.

Quote from: "imitationleather"Oh yeah, and hello everyone, incase you've noticed I haven't been here for a couple of weeks.
Cuh, seemed like just a couple of blissful days ...

Never went to Reading. Just doesn't sound right. Rabbit.

imitationleather

Well, it's nice to know that I still have the power to throw a thread off-topic and turn it completely on me. I suppose it's like riding a bike. You never forget, you never forget... Although, funnily enough, I actually can't ride a bike.

Anyway... I'm not sure if this Reading gig really is the best thing for them as the sort of people who go to Reading (in my experience, anyway) are the sorts with extremely narrow music taste (American rock RAWKS, while everything else SUX) who won't even have any idea who Chas 'n' Dave are, and most of the fun in seeing them play is the reputation that precedes them. Chas 'n' Dave's current status as support act for The Libertines suits them perfectly since everyone in the crowd is being a pseudo-cockney and shouting stuff like, "Apples and pears! Apples and pears! Cor and pea soup, I remember when I was young I used to dance to Chas n Dave off of Lambeth Bridge etc. etc." over the east London melodies. Next they'll be selling jellied eels at all their gigs.

Christ, I could murder some pie and mash now.

5 Knuckle Shuffle

A mate of mine who's quite a connoiseur of music, went to see Chas n Dave in Cheltenham last year. He said they were fucking brilliant. He also likes The Grumbleweeds and Metallica.