Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GP surgeries facing abuse

Started by bgmnts, May 28, 2021, 03:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

I confess, I've not kept up with the English NHS's[nb]Irritatingly, "NHS England" is an organisation in the English NHS. The English NHS just calls itself "the NHS" (and squats things like "nhs.uk" and "@NHSuk") unlike "NHS Wales" and "NHS Scotland" or "HSCNI".[/nb] tweaks to the GP contract - I struggle enough keeping up with my own country's.

Zetetic

It looks like the "24/48 access" stuff in England has largely disappeared since 2010? But I'm far from sure. (Scotland had similar targets but importantly had other targets around advanced bookings to try to balance these, apparently.)

peanutbutter

Quote from: Zetetic on May 30, 2021, 09:43:09 AM
Why?

It's not like they're sending you to an imam. We can debate the wisdom of trying to manage demand on scarce generalists by putting pharmacists or nurses in front of them, but it's not a new strategy.
Nah I'm inclined to agree with them because here's been my thought process trying to figure it out:

"wait, can I book a GP appointment? I don't see any option that matches, do I have to phone the clinic, why can't it just tell me the process?!"
[starts googling to try and find out the correct way to book, forgets to follow through, a day passes, checks the site again]
"'General' sounds right, but... why's it only a pharmacist? is this the process to seeing a GP? why can't it be clear?!!! Fuck it, if it's this unclear and potentially drawn out I may as well go private instead of using up a slot on someone who can't afford it"

Buelligan

Quote from: Kankurette on May 30, 2021, 11:43:33 AM
I am so glad I have Buelligan on ignore...

Thank fuck for that.  Just wish you'd done it sooner. 

Zetetic

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 30, 2021, 11:57:58 AM
Nah I'm inclined to agree with them because here's been my thought process trying to figure it out:
Point taken. I should recognise that this is a clear "outing" of the workforce crises, and the haphazard ways of trying to work around them rather than fixing them, at least.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Chedney Honks on May 28, 2021, 10:07:48 PM
They should be allowed to shoot on sight and thin out the cunts of this dogshit country.

Depends entirely on who "They" are.

Personally I think we should bring back National Service, but instead of giving everyone a uniform and a gun and sending them to get their legs blown off we should give them a name badge and a bar towel or a call centre headset and make them work in a customer service role for six months. People might learn to be nicer to one another then. Or they might just start killing themselves and/or each other. Maybe I'm not the person to ask about this.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 30, 2021, 03:19:32 PM
Depends entirely on who "They" are.

I meant GPs. Give GPs a Gatling gun.

Rizla

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 30, 2021, 11:01:42 AM
Reading about the abuse paramedics get affects me personally, I really hope he doesn't encounter a violent drunk or even someone leaving an angry note on his ambulance but it feels like it's an occupational hazard, and it shouldn't be.

Remember the cunt that stuck notes on my windows falsely accusing me of flytipping, Bog's mate? Paramedic.

They can dish it out but they can't take it, these paramedics.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zetetic on May 28, 2021, 06:14:02 PM
Intercrural Cancer Alliance probably planning a UK-wide awareness campaign right now.

"It's important for anyone who has noticed unusual or persistent changes to know that their doctor wants to hear from them and can see them safely. ... If you're struggling to get an appointment – please keep trying." - Cancer Research UK

madhair60

shitty people 100% use "mental health" as an after-the-fact excuse for their abusive treatment of NHS staff. source: am NHS staff

sorry if that upsets buelligan but i haven't even begun to give me real opinion of "mental health", which is that  quite frankly there shouldn't BE any